PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by RIPyzyz

So did anybody elses PS3 break??

http://boards.ign.com/ps3...board/b8267/189806405/p1

YEAH im getting error 8001050F right now... i was just about to play some heavy rain, when it logged me out of psn and kicked me off the game d/t not being able to update trophy list.  apparently a lot of people in that ign thread are having the same problems.  hopefully it gets fixed soon bc i cant even watch movies or play games offline!

So I should not be turning on my PS3 tonight then
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

Originally Posted by RavageBX

nerd.gif

Whats going on?

I played just fine at 8am pacific...

anyone else having problems?
I dunno, but I'm not trying to find out. I'll let the dust settle b4 I get on lol.

I was online about an hour ago (didn't sign into PSN, but used the browser) and I didn't notice anything...

Some folks that are havin' this problem tried turning off their Auto Sign-In and made sure their PS3 is not connecting to the network, then rebooted their console. After they did that, they said they're able to play the game just fine [offline].

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

nerd.gif
Whats going on?

I played just fine at 8am pacific...

anyone else having problems?
I dunno, but I'm not trying to find out. I'll let the dust settle b4 I get on lol.
You guys are straight. Majority of the world is !@#$%% 'cause they can't boot anything up online AND offline.

I just hopped on my PS3 right now and booted up a few games [offline] to check for the hype, and I'm all good.

Thing is, I've always had my Auto Sign-In turned OFF from day one, and the last time I logged on PSN was 2:00AM early this morning.

But if y'all are wanting to hop on multiplayer [like Kicktionair], then you guys are screwed.

Just do a little single-player campaign of some joint until all of it settles or something.
laugh.gif

From what I'm reading, it's just fat PS3's. OG models specifically.
I'm about to bite the bullet and give it a shot with my 60gig... wish me luck........

I was playing till 6pm today and once I tried jumping on mine would not work. OG 80GB.

I'm reading that it may have to do with February having 28 days and that causing the problem.

Everyone's system date is set at December 12, 1999, so I think the date may have something to do with it?

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

I was playing till 6pm today and once I tried jumping on mine would not work. OG 80GB.

I'm reading that it may have to do with February having 28 days and that causing the problem.

Everyone's system date is set at December 12, 1999, so I think the date may have something to do with it?
yea i cant get on as well

from neo gaf

The going theory is that the PS3 is storing some form of date in GMT, then modifying that to get whatever you see in the on-screen clock. That modification process seems to be fine--the system can take 2/28/2010, 9PM GMT, add four hours, and get 3/1/2010, 1AM random time zone.

What's apparently effed, as speculation goes, is when the internal GMT-tracking rolls over to 3/1. It's either not rolling, or rolling to 2/29, at which point a system tries to add/subtract from 2/29, which it can't do because the front-end calendar doesn't have a 2/29/2010, and #**@ explodes. Seemed to happen around 4PM PDT, which I think is 12AM GMT, so.

And the PS3 launched in 2006; it's hit 4 2/28s so far. 2007 and 2009 were odd-numbered years; 2008 was an even, and a leap year. 2010 is the first even non-leap-year the system's been around for. If some sort of base-level math is choking on itself, it may have ruled out the odd 2007 and 2009 successfully, but is convinced the even 2010 is a leap year (this part I'm less sure of, but is why leap year could theoretically come into play at some point.)

I'm 99% sure that bill gates and other M$ fanboys inplanted this trojan horse virus onto our systems

They mad cus we styling on them playing Heavy Rain and GOW3 and uncharted 2 and killzone. they hating on us

and now cus of some jealous wack M$ fanboys i cant play bfbc2 wen it comes out cus they broke my ps3. i hate them.

"brb gotta change my 3rd final fantasy 13 disc again cus i create a piss poor system" - billy gates

Via Joystiq.com

PSN is down, some titles experiencing game-crashing errors [update]
gampsnlogo580.jpg

A wide rash of game-crashing errors is spreading among the PS3-owning community at the moment, most of which can be chalked up to a 8001050F error code. This has led to a variety of unfortunate side-effects for those affected, including corrupted trophy information and an inability to access the PSN. When combined, those two issues prevent players from launching certain games, such as Heavy Rain, without being kicked back to the XMB.

We've contacted Sony to find out what's causing the issue, and when we can expect to get back to chasing down the Origami Killer. He might just be able to make a clean getaway while we suffer through this downtime.

Update: Sony has acknowledged the issue, and is "looking into it." We've yet to hear an official word on what the problem is, though it seems to be a bit larger than just the PSN. Owners of PS3 Phats are reporting that the date on their console has reverted to 12/31/1999, which is likely the cause of the data-corrupting errors. Some Phat-owners have reported receiving the errors while their console was offline, which is upsetting, to say the least. We'll let you know when we hear official word from Sony.

Originally Posted by GUTTA SAUCE

I'm 99% sure that bill gates and other M$ fanboys inplanted this trojan horse virus onto our systems

They mad cus we styling on them playing Heavy Rain and GOW3 and uncharted 2 and killzone. they hating on us

and now cus of some jealous wack M$ fanboys i cant play bfbc2 wen it comes out cus they broke my ps3. i hate them.

"brb gotta change my 3rd final fantasy 13 disc again cus i create a piss poor system" - billy gates
you really cant hate on M$. theyre makin BANK for something so crappy. i wish i had this talent
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom