PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Secondly, I boght Heavy Rain yesterday.  All I can say is holy crap.  I really didn't get too far as I only had about an hour to play and I spent more time looking around and figuring things out then anything, but its crazy how you have to make decisions.  I wonder if the decisions I was making already were affecting the storyline.  Also, I may just be freaked out but was everyone's kid named Jason?  If not and they took it off my PS3 that my name is Jason and changed the game around it....WOW!!!!!

laugh.gif

Great to hear that your enjoying the game so far and yes those little decisions your making are already affecting your outcome on your 1st play through.

But damn son if only 1 hour of gameplay and your already freaking out & stressing I don't know what to tell you because the game gets more deeper as the story goes & picks up later in the game.

The whole "making choices" thing was just really interesting to me.  When I was playing with the kids in the backyard and we did the swordfight, at first I pressed everything right and would hit him in the leg, or on the chest, etc.  Then I decided this is my kid, I am not going to play to win, and I let him win.  It's interesting.  Since I have two kids in real life I made the choice to let him win, just as I would do with my own kids.  Had I been younger and not been a father, I probably would have chosen to win.  Irs crazy that the game actually changed based on that decision.

Hectic past few weeks..

IGN.com

[h1]
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Getting New Map Packs
[/h1][h2]
Electronic Arts releasing two map packs during its launch month.
[/h2]
by Jim Reilly

LATEST IMAGES

View all 50 images
LATEST VIDEO
View all 15 videos

February 25, 2010 - Electronic Arts announced this morning two all-new multiplayer maps will be unlocked when Battlefield: Bad Company 2 launches on March 2 in North America. Both Laguna Alta, playable in Conquest mode, and Nelson Bay, playable in Rush mode, will be made available for download at launch, bringing the total number of multiplayer maps for the game to ten.

Additionally, EA plans to roll out another map pack later in the month, containing Arica Harbor map for Conquest mode and Laguna Presa map for Rush mode.

Those who purchase Battlefield: Bad Company 2 new on consoles will receive a VIP code which can be entered online to unlock these new maps for free. However, for those who don't have the VIP code, you can purchase one for $15. PC players will receive the maps as a game update.

Anyone buying? I planned to cop on PC (KB&M!) but might rent it on PS3 if enough folks have it...

Plenty of news from thesixthaxis.com

[h1]God Of War III Demo On EU Store[/h1]
Open to everyone... Published 25/02/2010 at 16:17 by Gastos84

The God of War III demo, which only a select few were able to get their hands on last year, is now on the EU store for everyone to enjoy.

Weighing in at a massive 2.6GB the demo is the same one from E3 2009 and whilst this may be an early build it will certainly whet your appetite. That is if you have an appetite for buckets of blood, copious amounts of dismemberment and Harpy riding.

Just thinking about God of War makes me twitch, so I’ll get right to it. Here is the lovely silverware found in God of War III:

Bronze
  • Mr. Hand
    Discover the secret ‘Hades Arm’ room
  • Hit Man
    Perform a 1000-hit combo
  • Rip One!
    Rip apart 1 Olympus Sentry
  • Nice Tan
    Blind 100 enemies with the Head of Helios
  • Obedience School
    Deliver 50 kicks to Hounds
  • It’s getting hot in here…
    Burn 100 enemies with the Bow of Apollo
  • Souled Out
    Summon every Soul with the Claws of Hades
  • Bloody Hell
    Cover Kratos in 500 buckets of blood by killing the enemies
  • No Guts, No Glory
    Gut 3 Centaur Generals
  • Hitting Your Stride
    Upgrade any weapon to the next level
Silver
  • Eye Candy
    Collect all of the Gorgon Eyes
  • Feather Plucker
    Collect all of the Phoenix Feathers
  • Are You Horny to Win?
    Collect all of the Minotaur Horns
  • Maxed Out!
    Completely upgrade all weapons
Gold
  • Vengeance Complete
    Beat the game
  • Up to the Challenge
    Beat the Challenge of Olympus
  • Unhuman
    Beat Titan Mode
  • Priceless
    Collect all of the ‘Godly Possessions’
There are also 18 secret trophies, giving a total of 36 trophies. From what I can gather, 16 of these secret trophies are story-related, with one of the remaining two being the platinum, and the other looks like a gold for maybe doing something similar to getting the Muse Keys in God of War I.

That’s an educated guess. Among those 16 secret trophies, 10 are bronze, while 6 are silver. That’s not a guess, I’m just using some simple Maths there.  Anyways, good luck getting that platinum…

[h1]God of War III: No Load Times[/h1]
And no install. Published 24/02/2010 at 16:00 by Zuler

God of War III will have absolutely no loading screens. At all. Gathered from a tweet from Christer Ericson, the Director of Technology at Sony Santa Monica Studio, the game will run from start to finish without a single loading screen. He even informs us that there will be no install necessary to play the game, and that the god-killing will last for more than ten hours.

Also, Geoff Keighley has tweeted that we should expect a God of War-packed episode of GTTV this Thursday (Friday morning for us), including an appearance from the mighty titan Kronos.

I can’t stand it anymore, who do I need to kill to get this game? I know you’re out there

Words can't describe how hyped I am for GOWIII..Been actually ignoring news/articles to avoid spoilers or too much info. Gonna skip that Spike special tonight as well..

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Notorious 858 wrote:

Yeah everyone has different tastes.

But I don't get how theprocess loves & hypes up a RPG game like White Knight Chronicles so much when the reviews on the internet & magazines have been average at best and several members here on NT on this thread thought the game was boring and was a waste of $60 bucks.
Ohhhhhhhhkay.

One, if you are looking at reviews on websites, take them with a grain of salt. ESPECIALLY RPG's.

Two, name the several members? Only NT'ers I know who bought WKC are Jason, vintuc, Boost, and me. Boost didn't give it much of a chance, while Jason and I have beat it both multiple times. Vintuc I am actually unsure of his stance.

I will admit though, I am very partial to RPG's, so yes, I tend to hype them up. However, if a game does suck, I will let you know.

It's just they are my game of choice, so things people find irritating or menial (level grinding, collecting items, ect) I have become used to and enjoy.

You play RPG's...what the hell do you know?
Deleted from my PS friendslist... again.
laugh.gif

I know this is a couple of pages back but... I love the game I just haven't had much time to play it. With the Olympics being here and all I have spent most of my time downtown/around the venues taking it all in and probably causing irreversible damage to my liver lol. Good thing my job is Co-op otherwise I swear my *%% would've been fired by now from all the times I have showed up to work way too tired to do anything.

I love the customization of the game (skill tree wise) I think I have spent a good couple hours just hunting the earth dragons at flander's trail trying to get my combo's perfect and get some levels/items.

Originally Posted by proper english

is the GoW3 demo different from the demo that released late last year?..
also, Warhawk for $15 is a steal. 
pimp.gif

Nope !

It's the same early build E3 2009 demo that was being given away as voucher code download before.

Yup, I gave up on that WKC, I kept falling asleep on that %@%!. Anyways, peep this new Battlefield Trailer!

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

pimp.gif

u gone buy warhawk? looks fun but the graphics kinda look outdated

HOVKid wrote:
The whole "making choices" thing was just really interesting to me.  When I was playing with the kids in the backyard and we did the swordfight, at first I pressed everything right and would hit him in the leg, or on the chest, etc.  Then I decided this is my kid, I am not going to play to win, and I let him win.  It's interesting.  Since I have two kids in real life I made the choice to let him win, just as I would do with my own kids.  Had I been younger and not been a father, I probably would have chosen to win.  Irs crazy that the game actually changed based on that decision.

YOOOO I DID THE EXACT SAME THING

i'm not a father, but my reasoning was the exact same as yours in my head word for word
laugh.gif

anyone beat your kid in that lil swordfight? what happens?

Originally Posted by GUTTA SAUCE

pimp.gif

u gone buy warhawk? looks fun but the graphics kinda look outdated
its worth it. its a game you can never really get tired of. i've had it since it first came out, and i still play it from time to time with my friends. good luck getting that platinum though.
laugh.gif

those booster packs are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. when u ridin in a fully loaded dropship
pimp.gif
sick.gif
smh.gif

Just watched the intro to GTTV. I'm good. no more GOWIII until march 16.

Originally Posted by swendro88

Just watched the intro to GTTV. I'm good. no more GOWIII until march 16.

laugh.gif
Same here. I still have to beat GOW2. I bought the collection and beat GOW pretty quickly but I took a break in order to start up Heavy Rain.

Bad Company 2 will be a lot of fun.

Heavy Rain has me suspecting everybody.

Over the course of the game I've thought Ethan, Shelby, Lauren, Ethan's Wife, That Rich dude's son, and Blake were all the killer at one point or another.

If I didn't have an exam tomorrow morning I'd get to the bottom of it tonight. It'll have to wait...

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Hermes Boots
eek.gif
eek.gif
YES !!!!

But this part was insane:

Combat segment of the showed they added a Kratos First Person View KILL MODE for GOW III.

OMFG it looked insane what they showed.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

If my worst fears are realized, FFXIII sucks, and I become disillusioned with life, then I may try Heavy Rain sooner than later.

I mean you guys know my thoughts on how 13 turned out. Bottom line is from behind the scenes knowing what happened and what could have happened this game is like a 7.0. From the consumers point of view I can justify reviewers giving it an 8-8.7. Anything above that is just hype. Just take into account that when you finish it, this game was in development for almost 6 years. Then you can go ahead and give it a score. Hell, the only thing you're going to be doing after beating it is giving it a review score because there is nothing else for you to do
laugh.gif

If they only knew what half these games could've been...
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom