PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Yeah everyone has different tastes.

But I don't get how theprocess loves & hypes up a RPG game like White Knight Chronicles so much when the reviews on the internet & magazines have been average at best and several members here on NT on this thread thought the game was boring and was a waste of $60 bucks.
Ohhhhhhhhkay.

One, if you are looking at reviews on websites, take them with a grain of salt. ESPECIALLY RPG's.

Two, name the several members? Only NT'ers I know who bought WKC are Jason, vintuc, Boost, and me. Boost didn't give it much of a chance, while Jason and I have beat it both multiple times. Vintuc I am actually unsure of his stance.

I will admit though, I am very partial to RPG's, so yes, I tend to hype them up. However, if a game does suck, I will let you know.

It's just they are my game of choice, so things people find irritating or menial (level grinding, collecting items, ect) I have become used to and enjoy.

You play RPG's...what the hell do you know?
Deleted from my PS friendslist... again.
laugh.gif

When referring to an unconventional game that you're not sure you'll like, renting it makes the most sense (or play the demo). Buying it based on what everyone here says would be idiotic, seeing as how it's a new genre that you have no experience with.

It's like telling someone who likes Resident Evil that Killzone is a must buy. If you never played a first person shooter before, what sense would that make?

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

If my worst fears are realized, FFXIII sucks, and I become disillusioned with life, then I may try Heavy Rain sooner than later.

I mean you guys know my thoughts on how 13 turned out. Bottom line is from behind the scenes knowing what happened and what could have happened this game is like a 7.0. From the consumers point of view I can justify reviewers giving it an 8-8.7. Anything above that is just hype. Just take into account that when you finish it, this game was in development for almost 6 years. Then you can go ahead and give it a score. Hell, the only thing you're going to be doing after beating it is giving it a review score because there is nothing else for you to do
laugh.gif

I saw this coming with the reaction from people who at least played the demo or read the reviews on Heavy Rain which have been mixed but mostly good in the 8.5 to 9.0 range .

The thing is people simply don't like change.

I see a lot of people bashing the game saying the game sucks are the type of gamers who are big fans of the FPS & RPG type games. That's why a lot of those people are judging the game without even playing the game themselves and are saying it's boring & sucks.

For me I like the game because it's a change from all of the FPS games like Modern Warfare 2, MAG, and also I needed a break and something else after playing God Of War I & God War II like crazy for the past 3 months.

I seriously have come to the realization that I'm pretty much done with FPS type of games and won't buy any of the types of games anytime soon. Heck right now I still have Modern Warfare 2 in my NBA 2K10 locker and still factory sealed and I really havent had the urge to play it and I bought it MW2 right after Christmas when best buy had for $40 bucks. I seriously considering going into gamestop and trading it in because of the current promo thats going on right now and I may get $35 bucks trade in value for it which I would put towards my pre order for MLB 10 The Show.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Originally Posted by MarTdiZzle23

Hey, so I asked a few days ago and when I download a game from the PSN store, I still don't understand how the hell you play it.  I downloaded MvC2 and can't get it to play.  I looked in the store at my recent downloads, and its listed and if I press x it just dowloads in 2 seconds again and says installed but I can't figure out where to bring it up to play???? 
I think in MvC2's case you need the demo and everything will unlock. I had the demo on my ps3 when I bout mvc2 from gamestop and it was basically a code that unlocked the full game in the demo

Really?  That seems weird.  I guess I'll look again when I get home tonight.  Freaking $9 for nothing.

First off, let me admit I was completely wrong for doubting you.  When I bought MvC2 it came with the game and the demo and I only downloaded the game.  Once I dowloaded the demo, it all worked flawlessly.

Secondly, I boght Heavy Rain yesterday.  All I can say is holy crap.  I really didn't get too far as I only had about an hour to play and I spent more time looking around and figuring things out then anything, but its crazy how you have to make decisions.  I wonder if the decisions I was making already were affecting the storyline.  Also, I may just be freaked out but was everyone's kid named Jason?  If not and they took it off my PS3 that my name is Jason and changed the game around it....WOW!!!!!

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

If my worst fears are realized, FFXIII sucks, and I become disillusioned with life, then I may try Heavy Rain sooner than later.

I mean you guys know my thoughts on how 13 turned out. Bottom line is from behind the scenes knowing what happened and what could have happened this game is like a 7.0. From the consumers point of view I can justify reviewers giving it an 8-8.7. Anything above that is just hype. Just take into account that when you finish it, this game was in development for almost 6 years. Then you can go ahead and give it a score. Hell, the only thing you're going to be doing after beating it is giving it a review score because there is nothing else for you to do
laugh.gif

heart-attack-guy.jpg

Hurts my soul.
tired.gif

So.... should I just begin the countdown to XIV or Versus?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
tired.gif

I saw this coming with the reaction from people who at least played the demo or read the reviews on Heavy Rain which have been mixed but mostly good in the 8.5 to 9.0 range .

I see a lot of people bashing the game saying the game sucks are the type of gamers who are big fans of the FPS & RPG type games. That's why a lot of those people are judging the game without even playing the game themselves and are saying it's boring & sucks.

For me I like the game because it's a change from all of the FPS games like Modern Warfare 2, MAG, and also I needed a break and something else after playing God Of War I & God War II like crazy for the past 3 months.

I seriously have come to the realization that I'm pretty much done with FPS type of games and won't buy any of the types of games anytime soon. Heck right now I still have Modern Warfare 2 in my NBA 2K10 locker and still factory sealed and I really havent had the urge to play it and I bought it MW2 right after Christmas when best buy had for $40 bucks. I seriously considering going into gamestop and trading it in because of the current promo thats going on right now and I may get $35 bucks trade in value for it which I would put towards my pre order for MLB 10 The Show.
whats this gamestop promo u speak of? got a mw2 xbox copy someone gave me for christmas thinkng i had a xbox

Spoiler [+]

You're type-casting people that like certain genres, basically by calling them one-dimensional, and using that as an excuse as to why they don't like this. I'm not sure if you're noticing, but a lot of people in here that play FPS's and RPG's are still buying and liking this game. Change has nothing to do with it; it's a virtually new genre; "different strokes for different folks." Change would be if they slapped a "fighter" title on it and told us they were taking fighters in a new direction. This isn't a fighter, so you can't assume that SFIV fans for example would or wouldn't like it, it's a completely different genre.

This is a game where all you do is make decisions and watch the story unfold. There's not much else to it. It should be pretty obvious why most people wouldn't care for it.

Originally Posted by MarTdiZzle23

Hey, so I asked a few days ago and when I download a game from the PSN store, I still don't understand how the hell you play it.  I downloaded MvC2 and can't get it to play.  I looked in the store at my recent downloads, and its listed and if I press x it just dowloads in 2 seconds again and says installed but I can't figure out where to bring it up to play???? 
I think in MvC2's case you need the demo and everything will unlock. I had the demo on my ps3 when I bout mvc2 from gamestop and it was basically a code that unlocked the full game in the demo

Really?  That seems weird.  I guess I'll look again when I get home tonight.  Freaking $9 for nothing.

First off, let me admit I was completely wrong for doubting you.  When I bought MvC2 it came with the game and the demo and I only downloaded the game.  Once I dowloaded the demo, it all worked flawlessly.

Secondly, I boght Heavy Rain yesterday.  All I can say is holy crap.  I really didn't get too far as I only had about an hour to play and I spent more time looking around and figuring things out then anything, but its crazy how you have to make decisions.  I wonder if the decisions I was making already were affecting the storyline.  Also, I may just be freaked out but was everyone's kid named Jason?  If not and they took it off my PS3 that my name is Jason and changed the game around it....WOW!!!!!

laugh.gif

Great to hear that your enjoying the game so far and yes those little decisions your making are already affecting your outcome on your 1st play through.

But damn son if only 1 hour of gameplay and your already freaking out & stressing I don't know what to tell you because the game gets more deeper as the story goes & picks up later in the game.

You are taking this whole thing too serious/personally, man. 

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

Spoiler [+]

You're type-casting people that like certain genres, basically by calling them one-dimensional, and using that as an excuse as to why they don't like this. I'm not sure if you're noticing, but a lot of people in here that play FPS's and RPG's are still buying and liking this game. Change has nothing to do with it; it's a virtually new genre; "different strokes for different folks." Change would be if they slapped a "fighter" title on it and told us they were taking fighters in a new direction. This isn't a fighter, so you can't assume that SFIV fans for example would or wouldn't like it, it's a completely different genre.

This is a game where all you do is make decisions and watch the story unfold. There's not much else to it. It should be pretty obvious why most people wouldn't care for it.
This is where you are completely wrong ! Do us all a favor and actually play the game first at least 1 time through before you pass judgment on a game !

If you actually played the game you would see there's a lot more to the game than what you read or hear about the game .

Originally Posted by FedExciter

whats this gamestop promo u speak of? got a mw2 xbox copy someone gave me for christmas thinkng i had a xbox
It was posted like 2 pages back but the promo that's going on right now is get an additional 50% on top off the current trade in value of any game and add another 10% if you have a edge card.

You are taking this whole thing too serious/personally, man. 

laugh.gif

Nah man it aint that serious and I'm not catching feelings over this BS.

I'm just posting what I'm seeing on here and how friends I know who are reacting the same way towards the game.

If you actually played the game you would see there's a lot more to the game than what you read or hear about the game .
But because you read reviews of WKC that gave it mediocre scores, you'll take those as close-to-fact? Okay, champ.
laugh.gif

Completely wrong? I played the demo. Isn't that enough for me to know what to expect, gameplay-wise?
Tell that to all the people who played GTAIV twice and deemed it overrated... I'm sure a majority of the people in this thread would still say it is, and they never finished it.

Spoiler [+]
double-standard.jpeg

Completely wrong? I played the demo. Isn't that enough for me to know what to expect, gameplay-wise?
Tell that to all the people who played GTAIV twice and deemed it overrated... I'm sure a majority of the people in this thread would still say it is, and they never finished it.

Ok so your going to base your judgment on a game off a demo ?
roll.gif

Ok we might as well say right now that God Of War III is overrated and is going to be a flop based off the E3 2009 demo that people have played
laugh.gif

Ok so your going to base your judgment on a game off a demo ?
roll.gif

Ok we might as well say right now that God Of War III is overrated and is going to be a flop based off the E3 2009 demo that people have played
laugh.gif
the gameplay in the GOWIII demo wasn't good? but it's already been determined that it was... hence it's the third game in the series (if you don't include PSP)... (notice how one word there is highlighted? I'm even going to underline them so they stand out more.)

If I'm supposed to be buying Heavy Rain for the story and not the gameplay, then I'll read about it on Wikipedia or I'll wait till it comes out on DVD. Why spend $60 on something that isn't as fun to play as it is to watch?

Originally Posted by jrp44

Anyone have/played The Saboteur? Is it worth the buy?
I own it and enjoy it.

If you can find it sub-$40, I would cop. If not, rent it.

It's like a GTA/Assassins Creed Hybrid... but not as good as either of those games.

The story is probably the games strongest aspect. Also, killing Nazis with dynamite never gets old.

Like AC, though, if you want to complete it 100% there is a TON of menial sidequest stuff. Like blowing up close to 1000 Nazi structures.

Originally Posted by jrp44

Anyone have/played The Saboteur? Is it worth the buy?
I own it and enjoy it.

The story is probably the games strongest aspect.

what do you know about a good story? you hate heavy rain, your opinion is void. VOID

Back
Top Bottom