PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

just bought alien vs predator

also reserved my copy for final fantasy
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by air234ever

my ps3 died 2 months ago. finally decide to get the new slim went to atleast 8 stores with no luck .....What's up with sony ???.....
If you feel comfortable buying one online, amazon has the 120GB in stock right now .

http://www.amazon.com/Pla...id=1267065730&sr=8-1

But honestly yeah I myself would only buy a new PS3 Slim from either Best Buy and buy their additional 2 year warranty or buy one from costco because of their return policy.

Originally Posted by GUTTA SAUCE

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

i was reading that uncharted 3 will be a prequel
anyone else read this
wat why doggy? so theres no chloe or eliane if there would be a prequel.?
uncharted 2 was so freaking dope btw i love that game to death.. to the death georgie to the death.
maybe it'll have a backstory with chloe and their relationship?

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

I thought Bungie was owned by Microsoft?
Keyword.
Microsoft still has a minority stake and have the right of first refusal on all Bungie's future games. Bungie will not be developing for the PS3.
Halo produce IP's ONLY. Bungie is it's own separate company, if they wanted to make a (non HALO) game for the PS3 right now Microsoft couldn't do @+%$.
How smart would it for Bungie to develop for the PS3 when by default MS would be the publisher for the game. How dumb would it be to have MS publishing the 360, PC version and have to look for a second publisher for the PS3 version. No company is that stupid to sabotage themselves like that. 

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Keyword.
Microsoft still has a minority stake and have the right of first refusal on all Bungie's future games. Bungie will not be developing for the PS3. 
laugh.gif

Right just like how  the "Exclusive" download able episodic content for GTA IV would NEVER come to the PS3
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Right, you think you know what you are talking about but fail to realize the two situations are VERY different, just stop if you don't know what you talking about 
roll.gif

Keyword.
Halo produce IP's ONLY. Bungie is it's own separate company, if they wanted to make a (non HALO) game for the PS3 right now Microsoft couldn't do @+%$.
How smart would it for Bungie to develop for the PS3 when by default MS would be the publisher for the game. How dumb would it be to have MS publishing the 360, PC version and have to look for a second publisher for the PS3 version. No company is that stupid to sabotage themselves like that. 

did you even read about Bungie looking for a publisher for a new IP of theirs back in july of 09?  why would they be looking for a publisher if microsoft is their default publisher like you say?

they have agreements with microsoft but outside of those agreements, they can do whatever they want, microsoft doesnt have majority ownership in bungie

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Keyword.

did you even read about Bungie looking for a publisher for a new IP of theirs back in july of 09?  why would they be looking for a publisher if microsoft is their default publisher like you say?

they have agreements with microsoft but outside of those agreements, they can do whatever they want, microsoft doesnt have majority ownership in bungie
Maybe Microsoft chose not to publish the game. Ever thought about that. Funding the development for the game is cheaper than publishing and marketing it. And Microsoft is not stupid, they would have thought ahead to Bungie's next IP

Keyword.

Maybe Microsoft chose not to publish the game. Ever thought about that. Funding the development for the game is cheaper than publishing and marketing it. And Microsoft is not stupid, they would have thought ahead to Bungie's next IP

that still doesnt answer your "bungie wont be developing for the ps3" - if this publisher isnt microsoft, they decide what platforms its going on

and bungie will decide whether they develop it for ps3 or turn it down and have some outside company port it over

are you trying to say that bungie is actually banned from developing for the ps3?
laugh.gif

Power Trades (All are 50% PT's)----- 50% bumps on ur trade ins
Note: Each Power Trade will be available one week prior to the release of each game.

MLB 10 PS3 - $59.99
Releases 02/03/2010

MLB 2K10 PS3/360 - $59.99
Releases 05/03/2010

Moto GP PS3/360 - $54.99
Releases 17/03/2010

Resonance of Fate PS3/360 - $64.99
Releases 16/03/2010

Metro 2033 PS3/360 - $59.99
Releases 16/03/2010

Just Cause 2 PS3/360 - $64.99
Releases 23/03/2010

Gaming Guarantees---- You have one week to return the game and get all ur money back

Final Fantasy XIII PS3/360 - $64.99
Releases 09/03/2010

Battlefield Bad Company 2 PS3/360 - $69.99
Releases 02/03/2010

God of War PS3 - $59.99
Releases 16/03/2010

Keyword.

that still doesnt answer your "bungie wont be developing for the ps3" - if this publisher isnt microsoft, they decide what platforms its going on

and bungie will decide whether they develop it for ps3 or turn it down and have some outside company port it over

are you trying to say that bungie is actually banned from developing for the ps3?
laugh.gif
Maybe M$ passing on the game is a sign that the exclusivity is not an issue. Bungie would not be stupid enough to present the game to M$ say it has no plans to put on the PS3 then all a sudden change it up when they get a new publisher. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Dude M$ probably employs more lawyers than Bungie has employees. 
Plus Bungie will need M$ help to launch there next game and the fact the two companies will be working together closely for the next couple years because of Reach. 

vintuc wrote:
Ay Chris, where is that steve nash gif from?
I don't know... I think a commercial he did that aired around All Star.

I saw it and just wanted to use it....
laugh.gif

Health, it's not worth it. Clearly Rustynails has no idea what he's talking about.

This cat is the new NobleKane. He NEVER posts anything unless it has soemthing to do with Microsoft.

You on the payroll, mademoiselle?

air234eva just do the blow dryer trick on ur ps3 and it will work again..

unplugg ur ps3, then lay it flat......get a blow dryer and set it to high....let the blow dryer hit the two back vents, go back n forth on the two vents....dont place the dryer too close that it touches the ps3, 1 inch away is perfect......do this for 15 min.

then after that get a fan and let the fan cool the back of the ps3 off for 20 min.

connect it back n its good to go....no lost data or anythin.... ur welcome

Keyword.

laugh.gif
Maybe M$ passing on the game is a sign that the exclusivity is not an issue. Bungie would not be stupid enough to present the game to M$ say it has no plans to put on the PS3 then all a sudden change it up when they get a new publisher. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Plus Bungie will need M$ help to launch there next game and the fact the two companies will be working together closely for the next couple years because of Reach.
Damn son, are you really that dumb?

What part of Bungie is an LLC don't you understand? They stand on there own, as a company, nobody to answer to, especially Microsoft. Besides the Halo franchise, any new IP does not have to pass through Microsoft, nor is Bungie obligated to show Microsoft it's new IP(s). If Bungie wanted to make Teatherball Ultra All-Stars and release it for PS3, they could. Whether it's Capcom, EA, 2k, Namco, Rockstar etc. it doesn't matter. They can release any non HALO game on PS3, Wii, DSi, PSP, Dreamcast, SNES.

Originally Posted by MarTdiZzle23

Originally Posted by GUTTA SAUCE

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

i was reading that uncharted 3 will be a prequel

anyone else read this

wat why doggy? so theres no chloe or eliane if there would be a prequel.?

uncharted 2 was so freaking dope btw i love that game to death.. to the death georgie to the death.
maybe it'll have a backstory with chloe and their relationship?

oh snaps i forgot they had a back story. she got a black girls booty thats for sure i wantd to ejackulate a few times. but damn no elaine she is my girlfriend for real.

Keyword.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

What part of Bungie is an LLC don't you understand? They stand on there own, as a company, nobody to answer to, especially Microsoft. Besides the Halo franchise, any new IP does not have to pass through Microsoft, nor is Bungie obligated to show Microsoft it's new IP(s). If Bungie wanted to make Teatherball Ultra All-Stars and release it for PS3, they could. Whether it's Capcom, EA, 2k, Namco, Rockstar etc. it doesn't matter. They can release any non HALO game on PS3, Wii, DSi, PSP, Dreamcast, SNES.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Calling me dumb and you don't know what you talking about, 
Bungie is an LLC, I know but they are not free to act in the same manner as other independent studios because of specific conditions of their deal with MS. First Microsoft still owns a part of Bungie, know one knows how big but is rumored to be a good size. They just don't own a controlling stake anymore

Next Bungie is obligated to show M$ any new games they develop first to allow M$ to make a decision on whether or not they want to publish the game, they have to do this before the shop the game around to other publishers because no publisher will agree to publishing a game if M$ still has the legal right to void the deal and become the publisher for said game. 

So if a Bungie game comes to PS3 it is because:

1. Either Microsoft allows it

2. Some company decides it would be a good idea to publish and market a PS3 edition of a Bungie multiplatform knowing that M$ is going to run a concurrent marketing campaign for the 360.

3. Bungie themselves decide to fund development and publish a PS3 game and in he process alienate their part owners, fansbase, and risk putting the company into debt 

So tell me genius, how likely do any of these scenrios sound. 
indifferent.gif

I know I'm late and !@#$, but I just bought this...

But is anyone's Killzone 2 disc making noise in the disc drive?

I've googled this, and saw it was happening to practically only 2 - 3 other people in the world.

If you Google Microsoft contract with Bungie, it seems like all Microsoft retained was the Halo franchise and a minority stake in Bungie.

Since Microsoft only has a minority of Bungie, I assume Bungie can make the final decision if they want to publish for PS3 or other platforms

Just my 2 cents

Keyword.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Calling me dumb and you don't know what you talking about, 
Bungie is an LLC, I know but they are not free to act in the same manner as other independent studios because of specific conditions of their deal with MS. First Microsoft still owns a part of Bungie, know one knows how big but is rumored to be a good size. They just don't own a controlling stake anymore

Next Bungie is obligated to show M$ any new games they develop first to allow M$ to make a decision on whether or not they want to publish the game, they have to do this before the shop the game around to other publishers because no publisher will agree to publishing a game if M$ still has the legal right to void the deal and become the publisher for said game. 

So if a Bungie game comes to PS3 it is because:

1. Either Microsoft allows it

2. Some company decides it would be a good idea to publish and market a PS3 edition of a Bungie multiplatform knowing that M$ is going to run a concurrent marketing campaign for the 360.

3. Bungie themselves decide to fund development and publish a PS3 game and in he process alienate their part owners, fansbase, and risk putting the company into debt 

So tell me genius, how likely do any of these scenrios sound. 
indifferent.gif
What the hell are you talking about?
laugh.gif

Bungie is free to develop for whomever they want unless it's a halo title. They may prefer to develop for the 360 but they're not obligated by any sort of approval system you speak of.

What part of your %+! do you pull out the stuff you say?

I give up, since dude knows more about Bungie than all of us, I guess we will never see Teatherball Ultra All-Stars on PS3.

Back
Top Bottom