PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by QuKtIc

UptempoKid Wrote:
Can't wait to see the other Horsemen. You should read the comic book they released as a prequel for the game. Heard it was good.

Yeah, it came with the game when I bought it, Death looks
moz-screenshot.png
pimp.
Have you played the game yet? Ending is kinda dope IMO.~

Yea I loved that game. Combat needs to be tweeked but hey. Story was
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Hey, so I asked a few days ago and when I download a game from the PSN store, I still don't understand how the hell you play it.  I downloaded MvC2 and can't get it to play.  I looked in the store at my recent downloads, and its listed and if I press x it just dowloads in 2 seconds again and says installed but I can't figure out where to bring it up to play???? 
I think in MvC2's case you need the demo and everything will unlock. I had the demo on my ps3 when I bout mvc2 from gamestop and it was basically a code that unlocked the full game in the demo

Originally Posted by MarTdiZzle23

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Hey, so I asked a few days ago and when I download a game from the PSN store, I still don't understand how the hell you play it.  I downloaded MvC2 and can't get it to play.  I looked in the store at my recent downloads, and its listed and if I press x it just dowloads in 2 seconds again and says installed but I can't figure out where to bring it up to play???? 
I think in MvC2's case you need the demo and everything will unlock. I had the demo on my ps3 when I bout mvc2 from gamestop and it was basically a code that unlocked the full game in the demo

Really?  That seems weird.  I guess I'll look again when I get home tonight.  Freaking $9 for nothing.

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Heavy Rain OMFG !!! Is all I can say guys.

I just got done beating the game right now and did it in 9 hours. I started at 2PM and ended at 11PM. I seriously can't remember a game that was so good that it sucked me in to the point where I finished and beat the game during the same day I picked up and paid for the game. I'm not going to spoil it for anybody on here but you will be so shocked when you find out who the origami killer is and what happens in the end to the other main characters in the game. But from what I read and heard there is more than 20 different possible ending to the game so replay value for the game is there. Graphics for this game is pretty damn impressive also but yes there parts in the game where screen tearing is noticeable. The gameplay and controls for the game does get a little frustrating but it isn't unbearable.

Seriously if you own a PS3 people would be foolish to not at least this give this game a chance with a rental, but yeah IMHO $60 was well spent for this game for me. If you use gamefly as your video game rental service good luck trying to get this game in the mail anytime soon. The interest & demand will be high a long time for this game because of the un known type of genre this type of game is.

n71el4.gif

[h2]Bungie refuses to confirm or deny if new IP will appear on PS3[/h2]
February 24th, 2010 @ 20:46
By Johnny Cullen

bungielogo.jpg

Bungie’s not confirming the new IP the studio has in development is coming to PlayStation 3 – but speaking to CVG, it didn’t deny it neither.

The developer’s community head Brian Jarrard told the site the studio’s future was currently “undefined

[h2]Grandia coming to PS1 classics on PSN this week[/h2]
by Alexander Sliwinski { Feb 24th 2010 at 4:30PM }

PlayStation classic Grandia will make its way to the PSN this Thursday, February 25, at a price far less than what you'd pay for a new or usedcopy. For $10, North America can finally access the RPG that's been onthe Japanese PSN since April 2009 -- and on the Sega Saturn since 1997.

Grandia stands out from other JRPGs with its exciting combatsystem, which was obviously in its infancy during the firstinstallment. In fact, we've been waiting for another high-profile gameto iterate Grandia's turn-based battle system for years. Y'all just wait, when Joystiq publishing is off the ground, we'll iterate the heck out of it.

Uptempo Kid Wrote:
Yea I loved that game. Combat needs to be tweeked but hey. Story was
pimp.gif

Yeah, it does with that certain game-play controls def need to be tweaked. Creators really copied Zelda game-play which, really slowed the game down to what it should have been. What they need to do is copy what DMC did with the one button switching weapons
pimp.gif
. I wonder if they are going to continue playing as War or switch it up with the other Horsemen... I wanted to play as Death hehe.~

Originally Posted by Grimey

Damn 9 hour gameplay? Ima go rent it now
smokin.gif

And that was just after 1 play through of the game. They say there's about 20+ different endings to the game, and last night I checked and one of the trophies for the game is called "all endings" . So were talking possibly 180 hours all together for gameplay and yet some people on here were saying "Heavy Rain will have no replay value so I'll pass on the game"
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Speedy0990

[h2]Grandia coming to PS1 classics on PSN this week[/h2]
by Alexander Sliwinski { Feb 24th 2010 at 4:30PM }

PlayStation classic Grandia will make its way to the PSN this Thursday, February 25, at a price far less than what you'd pay for a new or used copy. For $10, North America can finally access the RPG that's been on the Japanese PSN since April 2009 -- and on the Sega Saturn since 1997.

Grandia stands out from other JRPGs with its exciting combat system, which was obviously in its infancy during the first installment. In fact, we've been waiting for another high-profile game to iterate Grandia's turn-based battle system for years. Y'all just wait, when Joystiq publishing is off the ground, we'll iterate the heck out of it.

pimp.gif

Another RPG to play through....
tired.gif
laugh.gif

Grandia II was th best of the series, IMO. I never finished the first (this one), so it'll be nice to play through again.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

^ Gen, info on Marvel vs. Capcom 2 PS3 boxart?
eek.gif
I see you have Initial D, how is it? What that Japanese game, 11th from the bottom? Genki? Im guessing Tokyo Extreme Racer series?

Here's the box art for MvC2.  Sorry for the crappy Iphone pic, but the DSLR battery is fried atm. I can get a scan if you want.
Buying this was kind of disappointing, because if anyone remembers the early rumors stated it would come with an instruction manual which it did not.  It came with a 3 month trial to Marvel.com to read digital comics
ohwell.gif

photofx.jpg

The other game in question is Wangan Midnight
photo2fw.jpg

Here's my mini review on ID

Pros
-Close to being a perfect port of V3
-Some story elements from V4
-Some characters from V4
-Some stages from V4
-Some cars from V4
-Mixed soundtrack from V3/V4 and some from the show that weren't in previous games
-Plays like V3 (which I liked better than V4, but that's a personal opinion)
-Free DLC (RX-8,Miata, Etc)
-Customization is crazy!!  Way better than the Arcade!!

Cons
-Playing with the analog sticks is a big learning curve.  I have not played it with a wheel, but can only imagine this would make this game better.
-Good luck playing online!  Those J cats are no joke!!!  It's like trying to play the final Bunta, but 10x harder
-$5.00 for one course DLC
tired.gif

-Can only have 3 save files at once.  Meaning only 3 cars can be used
-Like stated above only 3 cars can be used, so I find the lack of a garage a pain.  You have to load each profile with your individual car.
-Too many new upgrades, you'll have to play this game at least 3 times to get fully loaded vehicle

Final Thought
I give this game a strong B+ and I def don't regret buying it.  I think this game is already out of print though and I heard a new ID is coming soon though
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

I thought Bungie was owned by Microsoft?
Keyword.
Microsoft still has a minority stake and have the right of first refusal on all Bungie's future games. Bungie will not be developing for the PS3. 

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Keyword.
Microsoft still has a minority stake and have the right of first refusal on all Bungie's future games. Bungie will not be developing for the PS3. 
laugh.gif

Right just like how  the "Exclusive" download able episodic content for GTA IV would NEVER come to the PS3
roll.gif

my ps3 died 2 months ago. finally decide to get the new slim went to atleast 8 stores with no luck .....What's up with sony ???.....

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Keyword.
Halo produce IP's ONLY. Bungie is it's own separate company, if they wanted to make a (non HALO) game for the PS3 right now Microsoft couldn't do @+%$.

Originally Posted by air234ever

my ps3 died 2 months ago. finally decide to get the new slim went to atleast 8 stores with no luck .....What's up with sony ???.....

sony has claimed that supply is tight and might be tight for a while

no one outside of sony knows whats going on but it could have to do with an updated model coming out that features the new 45nm RSX

did you happen to see any 250gb models?

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

i was reading that uncharted 3 will be a prequel

anyone else read this

wat why doggy? so theres no chloe or eliane if there would be a prequel.?

uncharted 2 was so freaking dope btw i love that game to death.. to the death georgie to the death.

Hey GeNeRaTiOnZ how is Wangan Midnight? It looks like the same creators of Tokyo Extreme Racer series did this one.~

ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
TheHealthInspector wrote:

Originally Posted by air234ever

sony has claimed that supply is tight and might be tight for a while

no one outside of sony knows whats going on but it could have to do with an updated model coming out that features the new 45nm RSX

did you happen to see any 250gb models?

Nope both where sold out everywhere i went.....

Back
Top Bottom