Preview Grammy Rap Album of the Year: Vol. Blueprint 3 vs Recovery

With Jay being robbed last year cuz of the Winter Olympics( Deadline changed from Sept 31. to August 31) he didnt get the nomination for Rap Album of the year, with that snub...Eminem won with that crappy album "Relapse" against very sub-par competetion.

This year Kanye is out the running(Oct) and TI is barely making the cut with a Sept 28 release so he may are may not land a nomination but the quality is to be determined anyway. Most likely we have Drake prolly landing a nomination and maybe Nas and Damien Marley...and a wildcard(no clue). Jay will prolly(almost certain) get his nomination and of course Em.

Taking the most successful albums head to head BLUEPRINT 3 VS RECOVERY...Who is MORE DESERVING of the Grammy OR who you got WINNING OR the actual Better Album?

**Deadline for albums is end of September...I dont see anybody coming into contention
**Pretend Eminem is not a lock to win cuz he's white
**No your fav album aint getting nominated

With Jay being robbed last year cuz of the Winter Olympics( Deadline changed from Sept 31. to August 31) he didnt get the nomination for Rap Album of the year, with that snub...Eminem won with that crappy album "Relapse" against very sub-par competetion.

This year Kanye is out the running(Oct) and TI is barely making the cut with a Sept 28 release so he may are may not land a nomination but the quality is to be determined anyway. Most likely we have Drake prolly landing a nomination and maybe Nas and Damien Marley...and a wildcard(no clue). Jay will prolly(almost certain) get his nomination and of course Em.

Taking the most successful albums head to head BLUEPRINT 3 VS RECOVERY...Who is MORE DESERVING of the Grammy OR who you got WINNING OR the actual Better Album?

**Deadline for albums is end of September...I dont see anybody coming into contention
**Pretend Eminem is not a lock to win cuz he's white
**No your fav album aint getting nominated

If people knew a damn thing about rap music, The Roots "How I Got Over" would win

If people knew a damn thing about rap music, The Roots "How I Got Over" would win

I agree it should easily be HIGO or Distant Relatives. Those are the the two best rap albums to be released in that time but it won't happen because the Grammy is all about record sales. So while Recovery is a damn good album (but not as good as the other two I mentioned) it probably will win off the strength of sales sadly.

I agree it should easily be HIGO or Distant Relatives. Those are the the two best rap albums to be released in that time but it won't happen because the Grammy is all about record sales. So while Recovery is a damn good album (but not as good as the other two I mentioned) it probably will win off the strength of sales sadly.

Kanye is the only person standing in Em's way, IMHO.
He's ruling the charts and he hasn't even released his best cuts.

HIGO is tough, though.  It's just not making Em noise.  

Kanye is the only person standing in Em's way, IMHO.
He's ruling the charts and he hasn't even released his best cuts.

HIGO is tough, though.  It's just not making Em noise.  

Em's album wasnt even close to
distance relatives
sir luscious left foot son of chico dusty
how i got over

distance relatives
how i got over

I hope people aren't seriously debating which album was better lol ... Recovery is head and shoulders above every album put out in years let alone the blueprint 3 ... The blueprint 3? Lmao

I hope people aren't seriously debating which album was better lol ... Recovery is head and shoulders above every album put out in years let alone the blueprint 3 ... The blueprint 3? Lmao

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

distance relatives
how i got over
Yep, but we know Em is a lock to win. Unfortunately uniqueness like all three of the albums you mentioned doesn't win this category, popularity does
tired.gif

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

distance relatives
how i got over
Yep, but we know Em is a lock to win. Unfortunately uniqueness like all three of the albums you mentioned doesn't win this category, popularity does
tired.gif

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

I hope people aren't seriously debating which album was better lol ... Recovery is head and shoulders above every album put out in years ...
You can't be serious. Distant Relatives was way better than Recovery. Telfon Don also was better than Recovery. I liked Recovery but it doesn't have much replay value to me. Distant Relatives should win the grammy
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom