Preview Grammy Rap Album of the Year: Vol. Blueprint 3 vs Recovery

Originally Posted by uknowdonti

After listening to How I Got Over, I really don't know who will win it.  In my mind the real race is between Distant Relatives and How I Got Over but I'm sure in most critic's eyes it is between Recovery and The Blueprint 3.  Most likely Recovery will win, which is a shame since HIGO and DR deserve not only more recognition but more support in terms of sales, as well.

Musically, HIGO is incredible and I seriously think it should get consideration for album of the year but perhaps that's only wishful thinking.  However, the intrinsic social value of DR should be more than enough to garner the rap record of the year award, but we all know how those things go.
I agree with you 100% but like I said earlier and I think you are hititng on the same thing when you say "we all know how those things go". Its all about sales which is why I can't watch and care less about the Grammy's since sadly its never about who puts out the best collection of music.

After listening to How I Got Over, I really don't know who will win it.  In my mind the real race is between Distant Relatives and How I Got Over but I'm sure in most critic's eyes it is between Recovery and The Blueprint 3.  Most likely Recovery will win, which is a shame since HIGO and DR deserve not only more recognition but more support in terms of sales, as well.

Musically, HIGO is incredible and I seriously think it should get consideration for album of the year but perhaps that's only wishful thinking.  However, the intrinsic social value of DR should be more than enough to garner the rap record of the year award, but we all know how those things go.
I agree with you 100% but like I said earlier and I think you are hititng on the same thing when you say "we all know how those things go". Its all about sales which is why I can't watch and care less about the Grammy's since sadly its never about who puts out the best collection of music.

Originally Posted by gambit215

Originally Posted by ENZ0 FERRARI

Recovery is EXTREMELY overrated...and I'm an Em fan. Relapse > Recovery imo. That said, Relapse still didn't deserve to win last year. This year, I think BP3 will win, but I hope its Distant Relatives or HIGO.
The biggest song on that album, the guy admits himself the album sucked.................
sick.gif

Recovery is the biggest REDEEMING album Ive seen for an artist since Emancipation of MiMi. I would have written Em off as finished if he didnt come out with Recovery.

My initial reaction was better for Recovery, but after listening to Relapse again recently with the bonus ReFill tracks, I must say Relapse was better.  Em just sounds unnatural to me on collabs with pink, rihanna, etc.  The songs on Recovery may be more catchy, but the production on Relapse is def underrated and Em's flow is amazing throughout.  don't get me wrong, recovery was a great album, but not even near the quality of any of his previous albums except for encore.  Also, his first album without exclusive dre production, and he didnt get kanye? neptunes? premo? rza? an unreleased dilla beat? nothing?  Album was disappointing in that sense....

Recovery is EXTREMELY overrated...and I'm an Em fan. Relapse > Recovery imo. That said, Relapse still didn't deserve to win last year. This year, I think BP3 will win, but I hope its Distant Relatives or HIGO.
The biggest song on that album, the guy admits himself the album sucked.................
sick.gif

Recovery is the biggest REDEEMING album Ive seen for an artist since Emancipation of MiMi. I would have written Em off as finished if he didnt come out with Recovery.

My initial reaction was better for Recovery, but after listening to Relapse again recently with the bonus ReFill tracks, I must say Relapse was better.  Em just sounds unnatural to me on collabs with pink, rihanna, etc.  The songs on Recovery may be more catchy, but the production on Relapse is def underrated and Em's flow is amazing throughout.  don't get me wrong, recovery was a great album, but not even near the quality of any of his previous albums except for encore.  Also, his first album without exclusive dre production, and he didnt get kanye? neptunes? premo? rza? an unreleased dilla beat? nothing?  Album was disappointing in that sense....

Recovery has been a bit overrated imo but Blueprint 3 was complete trash! Relapse & Recovery > B3

Recovery has been a bit overrated imo but Blueprint 3 was complete trash! Relapse & Recovery > B3

sick.gif

The critics didn't rate Recovery much better than Relapse...

sick.gif

The critics didn't rate Recovery much better than Relapse...

Back
Top Bottom