Preview Grammy Rap Album of the Year: Vol. Blueprint 3 vs Recovery

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

I hope people aren't seriously debating which album was better lol ... Recovery is head and shoulders above every album put out in years ...
You can't be serious. Distant Relatives was way better than Recovery. Telfon Don also was better than Recovery. I liked Recovery but it doesn't have much replay value to me. Distant Relatives should win the grammy
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa

I hope people aren't seriously debating which album was better lol ... Recovery is head and shoulders above every album put out in years ...
You can't be serious. Distant Relatives was way better than Recovery. Telfon Don also was better than Recovery. I liked Recovery but it doesn't have much replay value to me. Distant Relatives should win the grammy
pimp.gif

NO.  Teflon Don was nothing but beats and guest features.  Not saying it wasn't a good album with some bangers...but other than beats, I don't know what Ross did better on that album than Em did on his.

I think basedon the committee, Em will win.  How I Got Over was (for obvious reasons) a better album musically.  The lyricism was on par with Recovery.  HIGO was just more harmonious.  It flowed very well.  It would have a better chance at winning Best Album than Best Rap Album.

Still, I can't argue with Recovery winning.  It was a very good album in its own right and deserves all the accolades it receives.

Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa

pimp.gif

NO.  Teflon Don was nothing but beats and guest features.  Not saying it wasn't a good album with some bangers...but other than beats, I don't know what Ross did better on that album than Em did on his.

I think basedon the committee, Em will win.  How I Got Over was (for obvious reasons) a better album musically.  The lyricism was on par with Recovery.  HIGO was just more harmonious.  It flowed very well.  It would have a better chance at winning Best Album than Best Rap Album.

Still, I can't argue with Recovery winning.  It was a very good album in its own right and deserves all the accolades it receives.

It doesnt matter what album was good to the Grammys.
Its the success of the the album.

Recovery will take this imo.

Recovery > BP3 and everything else that was put out this year except Sir Luscious.

It doesnt matter what album was good to the Grammys.
Its the success of the the album.

Recovery will take this imo.

Recovery > BP3 and everything else that was put out this year except Sir Luscious.

Recovery should win, and will win. Big boi has a nice album, but its not on recoverys level. Teflon don???? HEEELLLLL no. id take all 3 of ross' previous albums over teflon don.

Recovery should win, and will win. Big boi has a nice album, but its not on recoverys level. Teflon don???? HEEELLLLL no. id take all 3 of ross' previous albums over teflon don.

I feel like the Grammys give it to Em just cause he's Em, (no, not a race thing) but because he's popular, and for some reason they just assume his album is always the best in rap because they don't really give a damn about rap anyway

I feel like the Grammys give it to Em just cause he's Em, (no, not a race thing) but because he's popular, and for some reason they just assume his album is always the best in rap because they don't really give a damn about rap anyway

Grammy's don't really know %$%@ about hip hop...

Distant Relatives deserves to win...

But I'd be happy with ANYone other than 'you know who' winnin...

Grammy's don't really know %$%@ about hip hop...

Distant Relatives deserves to win...

But I'd be happy with ANYone other than 'you know who' winnin...

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

Em's album wasnt even close to
distance relatives
sir luscious left foot son of chico dusty
how i got over
Yep, but we know Em is a lock to win. Unfortunately uniqueness like all three of the albums you mentioned doesn't win this category, popularity does
tired.gif
Distant Relatives and SLLFSOCD is tied for album of the year in my opinion BUT let's not act like Recovery isn't on par. I think it's a real good album but it's not for me

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

Em's album wasnt even close to
distance relatives
sir luscious left foot son of chico dusty
how i got over
Yep, but we know Em is a lock to win. Unfortunately uniqueness like all three of the albums you mentioned doesn't win this category, popularity does
tired.gif
Distant Relatives and SLLFSOCD is tied for album of the year in my opinion BUT let's not act like Recovery isn't on par. I think it's a real good album but it's not for me

Distant Relatives>Sir Luscious Left Foot>Recovery>Teflon Don>BP3

These are my top hiphop albums of the year. I'll be happy is Nas gets it.

Distant Relatives>Sir Luscious Left Foot>Recovery>Teflon Don>BP3

These are my top hiphop albums of the year. I'll be happy is Nas gets it.

Out of the 2... Blueprint 3 should win...

But there is 0% chance Recovery does not win..

Out of the 2... Blueprint 3 should win...

But there is 0% chance Recovery does not win..

Distant Relatives is light years ahead of any album released this year..but I bet the Roots album is up there with it even tho I haven't heard it yet

Distant Relatives is light years ahead of any album released this year..but I bet the Roots album is up there with it even tho I haven't heard it yet

Back
Top Bottom