Preview Grammy Rap Album of the Year: Vol. Blueprint 3 vs Recovery

Distant Relatives SHOULD win and be nominated for Best Album regardless of genre.

BP3 will win. the Grammy people are gonna EAT IT UP.

Distant Relatives SHOULD win and be nominated for Best Album regardless of genre.

BP3 will win. the Grammy people are gonna EAT IT UP.

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

Eminem won with that crappy album "Relapse" against very sub-par competition.

roll.gif

Qtip and Mos both put out better albums than Relapse, easily

Come again

The only thing that was subpar was the decision to give it to Em for Relapse

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

Eminem won with that crappy album "Relapse" against very sub-par competition.

roll.gif

Qtip and Mos both put out better albums than Relapse, easily

Come again

The only thing that was subpar was the decision to give it to Em for Relapse

^maybe "subpar" was a poor choice of words...be in all seriousness in terms of the grammys and the voters they werent about to vote for Q-tip or Mos

I think BP3 should win, its better than Recovery and performed well (did 1.5 in like 3 or 4 months)....Recovery although its a good album will prolly win based of its performance in sales, Em will walk away wit back to back grammys unless Ye turns out not to get bumped from his Sept date

^maybe "subpar" was a poor choice of words...be in all seriousness in terms of the grammys and the voters they werent about to vote for Q-tip or Mos

I think BP3 should win, its better than Recovery and performed well (did 1.5 in like 3 or 4 months)....Recovery although its a good album will prolly win based of its performance in sales, Em will walk away wit back to back grammys unless Ye turns out not to get bumped from his Sept date

Recovery is EXTREMELY overrated...and I'm an Em fan. Relapse > Recovery imo. That said, Relapse still didn't deserve to win last year. This year, I think BP3 will win, but I hope its Distant Relatives or HIGO.

Recovery is EXTREMELY overrated...and I'm an Em fan. Relapse > Recovery imo. That said, Relapse still didn't deserve to win last year. This year, I think BP3 will win, but I hope its Distant Relatives or HIGO.

Originally Posted by ENZ0 FERRARI

The biggest song on that album, the guy admits himself the album sucked.................
sick.gif

Recovery is the biggest REDEEMING album Ive seen for an artist since Emancipation of MiMi. I would have written Em off as finished if he didnt come out with Recovery.

Originally Posted by ENZ0 FERRARI

The biggest song on that album, the guy admits himself the album sucked.................
sick.gif

Recovery is the biggest REDEEMING album Ive seen for an artist since Emancipation of MiMi. I would have written Em off as finished if he didnt come out with Recovery.

man 2010 is too hard to judge

some of the best albums of the year aint dropped yet.

if it was between bp3 and recovery, its bp3 all day.

After listening to How I Got Over, I really don't know who will win it.  In my mind the real race is between Distant Relatives and How I Got Over but I'm sure in most critic's eyes it is between Recovery and The Blueprint 3.  Most likely Recovery will win, which is a shame since HIGO and DR deserve not only more recognition but more support in terms of sales, as well.

Musically, HIGO is incredible and I seriously think it should get consideration for album of the year but perhaps that's only wishful thinking.  However, the intrinsic social value of DR should be more than enough to garner the rap record of the year award, but we all know how those things go.

After listening to How I Got Over, I really don't know who will win it.  In my mind the real race is between Distant Relatives and How I Got Over but I'm sure in most critic's eyes it is between Recovery and The Blueprint 3.  Most likely Recovery will win, which is a shame since HIGO and DR deserve not only more recognition but more support in terms of sales, as well.

Musically, HIGO is incredible and I seriously think it should get consideration for album of the year but perhaps that's only wishful thinking.  However, the intrinsic social value of DR should be more than enough to garner the rap record of the year award, but we all know how those things go.

Back
Top Bottom