POWER THREAD (Sun., Starz)

I can't get past the goofy look on his face to notice his acting. I guess he's trying to mimic 50, but he looks constipated in every scene.

I get what they were thinking by making him talk like that, but at the same time I don’t. 50 face and voice are like that because he got got shot… at like 25 years old. Kanan just sounds dumb to me half the time.

I can't get past the goofy look on his face to notice his acting. I guess he's trying to mimic 50, but he looks constipated in every scene.

and him and Raq might can act, but neither are right for their particular roles. Probably because neither have any hood in them in the first place, so it comes off as forced and overacting. Neither seem natural. It's the same way I feel about Mary.

Mary J Blidge is a hood chick straight from the BX though. People always forget this :lol:

Dude portraying young Kanan/50 is cool IMO. He got the mean mug down pact as well. He’s decent to me. Lil dude has potential

Nah, she's had money longer than she didn't.

Go put Mary in Schlobohm right now and have her stay two days, and watch her reaction. She's probably more high siddity than someone from four generations of money.
Unrelated but related. Listening to Irv on drink champs claim the same thing I was wondering how long can you claim that BS? If you got swept up in money and a world of experiences, been in boardrooms with powerful people, traveled the world etc as a child basically, or much earlier than normal folks; how can you still claim that when a normal working person might have some of those things out their system by 30?

Unrelated but related. Listening to Irv on drink champs claim the same thing I was wondering how long can you claim that BS? If you got swept up in money and a world of experiences, been in boardrooms with powerful people, traveled the world etc as a child basically, or much earlier than normal folks; how can you still claim that when a normal working person might have some of those things out their system by 30?

Everyone wants to be hood nowadays though………

Look at how “ratchetness” gets promoted in the mainstream. Look at social media. Look at any IG explore page. Being hood is “in”, especially in America…

Look at someone like Marshawn Lynch…. Who’s been rich/wealthy for at least 15 years….

Look at E-40 or snoop dogg. Dudes have been “rich” for over 30 years, heck, even Rick Ross.

Trick Daddy. Those dudes will tell you themselves that they’re hood and not Hollywood. Even 50 cent himself. 50 gone say he “hood” despite the fact that he’s been wealthy for almost 20 years.

You can’t pick and choose :lol:

I was speaking to someone the other day, and they were like I won't stay in a hotel with the doors outside. I was confused. I was like, oh you're too good now.

and Irv is the definition of someone who's a wannabe,. Dude wasn't even in the projects. Dude was from a middle class family in Hollis. That's why he latched on to Supreme and Suge.

I was speaking to someone the other day, and they were like I won't stay in a hotel with the doors outside. I was confused. I was like, oh you're too good now.

and Irv is the definition of someone who's a wannabe,. Dude wasn't even in the projects. Dude was from a middle class family in Hollis. That's why he latched on to Supreme and Suge.
Yeah there's just certain experiences you get used to as you get older and live. Can't say I even disagree with who you were talking to but it was a go, no question when I was younger. Then you got 50 year old Irv talking about a quarter billion dollar meeting with Olivier Frenchman then saying "I'm just a hood *****".

Yeah there's just certain experiences you get used to as you get older and live. Can't say I even disagree with who you were talking to but it was a go, no question when I was younger. Then you got 50 year old Irv talking about a quarter billion dollar meeting with Olivier Frenchman then saying "I'm just a hood *****".

It was just funny to me how quickly someone can change up from how they grew up.

If you're only around a certain class of people you're going to be appropriating them. That's who you aspire to be and those are your experiences. You have a certain standard and expectations. That code switching becomes you.

The only people who do that are rappers, because they have something to prove. Irv was never a hood dude, he used to visit the hood, because he wanted to. You grew up in a house, not the projects.

I had a boy who grew up in Huntington Long Island. I had no clue about Huntington, I assumed it was like Hempstead or Wyandanch and had spots. I was confused later when I learned, because I'm like how did you start hustling. Your experience was the exact opposite of that. You're an idiot.

Good points being made from both sides. It’s interesting to see and hear the contrast when you become rich and how things change and how things will always stay the same.

50 must think he has carte Blanche at STARZ with this pacing.

Rock is annoying.
Kanan is annoying

Joey badass the only likable character to me. Well him and juke. At least they play their characters well.

I told my mama I was meeting with y'all? Ummmm, why wouldn't they just kill his mom then?

There's a store with food inside, but the rats are after money?

Instead of selling mixtapes, why doesn't Kanan just give him money

Speaking of Juke, I don't understand Juke, from being likable on this show, to the no dimensional character we get on Power. They even wasted a good actress in Anika Noni Rose.

Back
Top Bottom