POWER THREAD (Sun., Starz)

Lou Lou is a mutant, from being in a coma, to walking out

Kanan falling running away. That boy can't do nothing right.

Slick Rick and Kanan bonding and they're buddies now

Raq calling up her old work :lol: Why is he going out of town, when they went through all that trouble to make it look like Unique?

Leave Kanan in Maryland make season two Jukebox

Marvin wearing a piece? His hair was much shorter and rounder as the gas man. Symphony too fine to be disrespected like this.
I think the episode was good. Was expecting raq to get popped though.

Last edited:
What's your reasoning?

I love her ruthlessness, she's seems to be the only one fit for it.

She almost got raped in her brand new stash house and didn't even kill dude herself. She only tough around lil kids, her goofy family members and whipped boy. Her magnum opus was sending her idiot son to kill his cop dad with one of the most elaborate for no reason plans in TV history. She's not ruthless nor fit to be anything other than a aunt.

If this kept true to the Power universe the connect would have killed her or at least tried to after she robbed Nique's re up instead of just killing that worker who gave up the info

Last edited:
Females wearing suits is hilarious.

It wasn't uncommon then.

05-dynasty.jpg

- I know folks gonna say killing a cop is "power" but that really did happen in Queens in the late 80's. I forgot the situation, maybe the NY dudes can speak on it.

- Kanan manipulating Tariq and being welling to kill his own son makes a lot more sense now. His mama f'ed his head up and at the same he asked to be in it after she begged him to stay out the way.

- Lou messing with Angela's aunt.

- The crack fiend on here funny as hell

- NY always sending their trash down here to MD. First Alpo now Kanan.

This entire season was mild to be “featuring” Kanan. I think they wanna get people hooked in season 1 to come back for more season to see how things unfold.

After watching the credits, unlike the original power series, this one isn’t created by Courtney Kemp which could probably explain why its slow going…. I believe she’s credited as an executive producer tho.

That's the point though, no? The only reason any of us is watching this is because we want to find out his and Juke's origin story. What made them who they were in the Power universe.

Can Kanan do anything right tho ? Anything

You have to remember he's only 15, and he's trying to run before he can crawl. If anything he's right on target for the type of kid he is. Reaps the benefits of the life his family is in, is aware of that world but knows nothing about how it operates. He's filled with delusions of grandeur, which are contributing to his constant blunders. If anything, it's Raq's fault for having him one foot in and one foot out the game. Had she made a choice and stuck to it back in the day, either Kanan would be on the honor roll at Stuyvesant or some other prep school. Or he'd be knee deep in the game under the tutelage of his uncles, Scrap, and his mom not making nearly any of the silly *** mistakes he's been making. If any at all.

- I know folks gonna say killing a cop is "power" but that really did happen in Queens in the late 80's. I forgot the situation, maybe the NY dudes can speak on it.

- NY always sending their trash down here to MD. First Alpo now Kanan.

:lol:

I think the Power part is why Raq did it

In my honest opinion, this season was good as hell and the ending where 50 Cent is explaining how manipulative Kanan's mom as she smokes a cig while looking over the city as she declares victory felt like some movie type ish. Could the next season show her go on a bigger power trip now that she's the HBIC?

In my honest opinion, this season was good as hell and the ending where 50 Cent is explaining how manipulative Kanan's mom as she smokes a cig while looking over the city as she declares victory felt like some movie type ish. Could the next season show her go on a bigger power trip now that she's the HBIC?

agreed. That last 5-10 mins of the finale was a “power” move. Hopefully it will expand on Raq. But what does Kanan do or bring to the table if he’s in Maryland? Unless him & ol dude start their own operation

Back
Top Bottom