Post your TATS vol. inked for life

I want to get my fathers signature done. Is the best way to do this is just find it and blow it up to the right size and bring it in on my appointment day?

^^^Geez....with my Usugrow one and my new ink....I think I spent a little over a $1000 with all the tips. I am not even done with it too and I can't even call it a half sleeve since there are a lot of gaps on my forearm still. I am not saying spending money equals a good tattoo cause I've seen some exceptions to the rule but 20 hours of work for only $900 is insane ($45 an hour). And I know not all tat artist charge by the hour cause $900 for a sleeve is about the right price. That is why I am curious to see what it looks like.

Originally Posted by ualreadyknow23

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

one question.....why that placement, are you a female? Serious question.

My girl got a tattoo in that same placement.

and

how karamo is it to get a small tatoo, prob size of a 50cent coin, i was thinking about getting a little heart on my back, upper left

Aint trippin, good question.  Got it left side because my son's tumor, surgery, and all treatment was done/is being done on HIS left side/lung.  Also since it's a pretty good sized portrait I needed somewhere somewhat flat for it to come out really good.  I thought about it on my left pec but i already have something there. 

But probably the main reason I picked that spot though was that my son has to go thru all this pain and experience of people constantly poking and prodding him so i figured i could go through something painful with him that would be dedicated to him.  So i picked a pretty painful spot.  I know it can't compare to going thru cancer but I think he'll appreciate it once he gets older. 

It's funny cuz my artists kept asking me if I was sure i wanted it there.  I kept second guessing myself if i should get it there or on my arm all the way till like 10 minutes before he started. But then I was like "Man @*$* it I ain't no %#!%*!  Doin it for lil man, let's go!"  Maaaaaaaaaaaaan soon as he started i was on that table like
eek.gif
sick.gif
smh.gif
frown.gif

Better pic...

- Preciate it.

nice, and good choice of where to place it.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

like-a-tattoo-part-4-1.jpg

Got more done today. No color as of yet but added two big flowers on the bottom and top. Kind of ties in with the old tattoo a lot better now and filled in those extra gaps of skin. I think I am going to leave the skull black and white and just color the flowers in and add one more flower on the other side of the skulls head.

Need to save some god damn money now. This thing is breaking me.

Gotta ask what kind of style is this considered, and the meaning behind it. This tatt is hott

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by bustinxjustin

jordanhead7792 wrote:

anyone stay in tampa? if so yall kno any good spots around here im thinking of getting one this weekend also anyone in tampa kno a good artist that does very
good portraits cuz my friend wants to get one but he can find a good artist he dnt want it ending up like this

2ed5sav.jpg
If I remember correctly, isn't this an NTer's tattoo?

I think I saw the original (non-fail-edited) one on here in a previous Post Your Tattoo thread.
uh no

got her lookin like a super villian!

Originally Posted by play2much2004

Did you get your birth year done first?

Yea of course, its unfortunate that I didn't even think about getting the Latin done after, or else I would definitely have done the birth year going downwards but its w.e

Originally Posted by bahunt8

bns1201 I like the work man

thank you sir

my next tat is going to be my initials (RS) in the red sox font bcuz im a big fan of all things boston. gonna get em done one on each of my inner biceps

Brandon300

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
u jus brought this from like the first few pages
of the thread....I remember when I posted that fail pic

ballislife32688.....it's two tats in one. I have been getting into a lot of Japanese tattoos as of late but was inspired to get something that looked cool moreso then the actual meaning. The artwork are not originals. I got them from books by famous Japanese artists and I said on a couple pages back that these tats are just homages to my Japanese side. The Usugrow one is just a piece that i liked from his work. The newer one is a Tibetan skull that I got from a book of sketches (I am drawing a blank for some reason). It's a buddist thing...even though I am not Buddist but I got it cause the Japanese guy drew it. It's not the best of work but it is finally growing on me.

I actually go in a week or so to get the flowers filled in color finally. Don't why I am so shook to get color on my body but people tell me it is hard if you only do black/white tattoos. Still not sure what color but it should be red if anything and a shade of blue. I have to research that whole thing.

And just to share. I have been intrigued with this couple from hawaii that are both tat artist.

12398_329165138982_646628982_3553147_1487836_n.jpg

Mandy Garcia

12398_329165168982_646628982_3553151_2434868_n.jpg

Her boyfriend

Fong
Here it is...I just went back to find it and you commented on it when i first posted it lol.

Fong, that's funny cause I'm headed to Hawaii in a couple of weeks and was looking to get tatted there. Currently checking out their shop's site!

@jdub55...oh yeah dude. I remember your tat. All this wondering what it was going to be and I take like second to look at it and all of it goes out there door. Clean tat....well worth the money.

For my son who was recently diagnosed with cancer.  On my lower left abs/ribs...

- Preciate it.

great tat man!
all my prayers go out for your son and your family in your time of need!
god bless your son.

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

Well here's the thing, I've got NOTHING to compare it to because I've never seen a tattoo similar. If I would've had a crappy looking lion, I could've said "My lion doesn't look as good as such and such's lion." However, no one has anything like this so I got nothing to compare it to. This is what I envisioned in my cranium and I am honestly satisfied with it. If it can be executed better then by all means give me some tips on what could be added to it to make it look better. We left it unfinished so I can tie it into my next tattoo and in case I wanted to add more. Any tips?
I don't usually shout out my opinion when tattoos are bad, but your artist's concept of letter structure is awful. Actually, I can't say that it's awful, because there isn't any. Hunt down a tattoo artist that's either well experienced or is a graffiti writer. God knows there's enough of them out there. I'd dare to say that a fair majority of them are or used to be, actually.

Or someone with enough sense to realize that their letters look like *%%% and that they don't want their work to be represented that way so they choose to do it on a computer instead.

EDIT: 5 years from now all your letters (primarily your Ts) are going to blend together, so at least in a couple of years it can just be a big question mark?
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by jdub55

I paid 900 for my half sleeve which was just about 20 hours of work and i get free touch ups which reminds me i need to call and make an appt(i posted it days ago maybe 70 pages back)

i plan to take it down to my forearm and get black clouds and some more flowers and the sign from my great grandfathers restaurant in japan added

900? free touch ups... Hmmm...post the pics again please

$900 for 20 hours! Wow...I would like to see that tat too. If it looks really good, then you got a steal for it for that price.

And touch ups are always free with any tat artist. It's just part of the whole process.

Really? I think 900 is expensive!!!! But I guess it's all different for what art you want done.

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Originally Posted by jdub55

I paid 900 for my half sleeve which was just about 20 hours of work and i get free touch ups which reminds me i need to call and make an appt(i posted it days ago maybe 70 pages back)

i plan to take it down to my forearm and get black clouds and some more flowers and the sign from my great grandfathers restaurant in japan added

900? free touch ups... Hmmm...post the pics again please

$900 for 20 hours! Wow...I would like to see that tat too. If it looks really good, then you got a steal for it for that price.

And touch ups are always free with any tat artist. It's just part of the whole process.

Really? I think 900 is expensive!!!! But I guess it's all different for what art you want done.
45$/hr is a steal for quality artwork

900 is really cheap for 20hrs of work, most good tattoo artists charge 150-300 a hour at least in the bay area

laugh.gif
like I said, I said I guess it all depends on the art you want.

I have a half sleeve (actually it's more than a half sleeve) and all together with tips, I probably spent around $400-500

Originally Posted by elgrenas

Aint trippin, good question.  Got it left side because my son's tumor, surgery, and all treatment was done/is being done on HIS left side/lung.  Also since it's a pretty good sized portrait I needed somewhere somewhat flat for it to come out really good.  I thought about it on my left pec but i already have something there. 

But probably the main reason I picked that spot though was that my son has to go thru all this pain and experience of people constantly poking and prodding him so i figured i could go through something painful with him that would be dedicated to him.  So i picked a pretty painful spot.  I know it can't compare to going thru cancer but I think he'll appreciate it once he gets older. 

It's funny cuz my artists kept asking me if I was sure i wanted it there.  I kept second guessing myself if i should get it there or on my arm all the way till like 10 minutes before he started. But then I was like "Man @*$* it I ain't no %#!%*!  Doin it for lil man, let's go!"  Maaaaaaaaaaaaan soon as he started i was on that table like
eek.gif
sick.gif
smh.gif
frown.gif

Better pic...

- Preciate it.

nice, and good choice of where to place it.

Can we get a father of the year award over here please?

Originally Posted by mrshadow

I see most of you Guys say "with tips" do you guys actually tip your artist?
indifferent.gif
 uh yeah! I recommend you tip your artist, and if you dont tip him, you definitely need to find a new artist to do your next tattoo. 

Back
Top Bottom