\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Dang that sucks. I was going to say I thought you said they were a reputable shop but there goes that.
Yea and they have stopped working on Evo's unless its for a long time customer. Their little statement about it comes off extremely defensive and trying to blame Evo owners for not following their maintenance advice

[thread="266081"] [/thread]

Dang that sucks. I was going to say I thought you said they were a reputable shop but there goes that.
Yea and they have stopped working on Evo's unless its for a long time customer. Their little statement about it comes off extremely defensive and trying to blame Evo owners for not following their maintenance advice

I'd just keep yours,if I were you...the only thing you'd really be adding on is a sunroof.... Everything else, you can pretty much do yourself, knowing who, when, and how...

I'd just keep yours,if I were you...the only thing you'd really be adding on is a sunroof.... Everything else, you can pretty much do yourself, knowing who, when, and how...
i am.  I'll probably never do a 2.3 build because it costs like 10k or more. but i will be doing a bigger turbo soon and at least hitting 500whp

i am.  I'll probably never do a 2.3 build because it costs like 10k or more. but i will be doing a bigger turbo soon and at least hitting 500whp

As much as I love cars, not really into the tuner community... Can you explain why having a bored out engine is a good and/or practical thing, when you can just get a bigger turbo?...

As much as I love cars, not really into the tuner community... Can you explain why having a bored out engine is a good and/or practical thing, when you can just get a bigger turbo?...
More torque, stronger, more power, quicker turbo spool.

Like for example, with the turbo i want to get (FP Black), the car will be anywhere from 550 to 610whp depending on how aggressive i want the tune. With the 2.3 block it would be like 680 to 720whp

Thanks for the quick lesson... That's a lot of power added on ...
Yes it is.

Once you start modding these cars and feeling what 30psi of boost is like, it quickly turns into: 

tumblr_inline_mntw1nFkff1qz4rgp.gif

All of this here.

What many people don't realize is that older cars with incredibly low mileage often tend to be much more troublesome than those that were driven regularly. Age leads to problems and letting cars sit for prolonged amounts of time leads to problems.

Sounds just like those sneakers that been DS for 10+ years, that crumble right away when you finally unds; versus a pair that's been decently worn over the same amount of time.

I've always wanted a '96 Impala but for these reasons it's unlikely that'll ever happen. Probably only if I strike it rich one day and have the money to put into something like that.
Or if they start to retro cars :lol:

Yea sometimes you might get lucky and find a car that was a garage queen or weekend cruiser. But a lot of the times a car with insanely low miles has either had the odometer swapped or has had some big problems

Most 96 imp shouldn't be in that bad of condition but all depends on owner. I wouldnt mind one myself or 94 one.

:lol: Have you guys ever owned one ?

They're overweight, underpowered pieces of crap with terrible build quality and the handling characteristics of a school bus.

For some reason the average person legitimately thinks they're something special, when it's literally nothing but an appearance package available on the Caprice.

Last edited:
He's right the lt1 in that car really doesn't do too much
But done right It can be cool looking and with a few mods it can also be quick

Last edited:
laugh.gif
Have you guys ever owned one ?

They're overweight, underpowered pieces of crap with terrible build quality and the handling characteristics of a school bus.

For some reason the average person legitimately thinks they're something special, when it's literally nothing but an appearance package available on the Caprice.
for me it's not for the performance it's for cruising/show, i'm not drag racing it or taking it to the circuit.

we've had a couple, an all black with bpu and recently a dark green no engine mods.

22s and two 12s and it was fiyah

Last edited:
It's now really about what it can do when it comes to that ride to me.

I love the styling when done up. I helped(as much as I could) my neighbor replace his engine in one.

Plus I love like how big old classic cars drive. Driven numerous caprices around the same year

Last edited:
"Done up" ... 22's... 2 12's in the trunk :x :x :x :smh:

:lol: Yall are the reason I hated taking my car to the wash on busy days. Everyone and their mom had advice on "what I need to do" and how to make it "better" ie tacky af.

:lol: These cars really have become more popular among wannabe rappers than car enthusiasts.

But to each their own.

Back
Top Bottom