\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

This thread just introduced me plasti dip. I may just have to matte black out my Mustang. Currently it's blue with chrome 20s... too bright for me.

Chrome 20's? Sounds like the ghettomobile.

Matte black plasti dipped rims are nice, whole cars? Ive honestly yet to see a flat black plasti dipped job that looked good. Either it was a terrible job or the car just didnt look good with it.

Matte clear gives a "frozen" appearance. If i were to give my car colo id probably do a darker camo green over an anthracite base coat.

Matte black plasti dipped rims are nice, whole cars? Ive honestly yet to see a flat black plasti dipped job that looked good. Either it was a terrible job or the car just didnt look good with it.

Matte clear gives a "frozen" appearance. If i were to give my car colo id probably do a darker camo green over an anthracite base coat.
Check out some of Fonzie's @ dipyourcar work. :pimp:

Chrome 20's? Sounds like the ghettomobile."

Personally I would like to have 19s but I bought it used and that's what the guy had on it. It's a 07 so it's a big car and they are bullitt style so personally I don't think it looks ghetto.

Last edited:
Why get your girl an X MR?

Evo is a man car, not saying a girl cant drive it but rather have my girl in a nice big luxury sedan than an Evo. The ride is gonna be rough.

Id suggest a TL or even an IS. Hell, id rather have her get an Accord, Camry, Altima.
lol it's not really a serious consideration, just thought it would be cool. And i could drive it sometimes.  But she went and looked at the 14 Accord sport. But doesn't really want to get a brand new car so probably gonna go with a used TL
in between coats

got dark when we got done

best pic i have with his latest dip
This looks so cheap to me. Not a fan of dip. Especially matte black

Last edited:
the e46 looks okay maybe its the camera quality but the evos dip looks really good

Last edited:

How can the appearance of a car be linked to an economic location though?

How can the appearance of a car be linked to an economic location though?
Cmon son. 
laugh.gif

Chrome 20's? Sounds like the ghettomobile."

Personally I would like to have 19s but I bought it used and that's what the guy had on it. It's a 07 so it's a big car and they are bullitt style so personally I don't think it looks ghetto.

Here's my 08 with dipped 19s. If you decide to dip your rims you should use plasti dips "metallizer" on top of the flat black it gives it a nice metallic look and almost looks factory. Regular flat black just looks cheap and after a few weeks brake dust makes them look like ****

Some of the guys I went to school with got a little side business dipping cars. They actually are pretty good with it too.

Here is one of the guys and his 3-series

The blue color is his latest version I believe

They just finished doing a VW CC with the flip dip color scheme. It is red base and orange over top, so it goes between orange/red depending on how you look at it
Here is one of the guys in the Maxima group in NY with the dip job on his aired out 7thgen
nthat.gif

if i could find someone to do it for real cheap id love to make my 300S into flat camo green with black wheels :x

if i could find someone to do it for real cheap id love to make my 300S into flat camo green with black wheels :x

Have you checked craigslist or any forums for your city? I see a listing here in illinois for $250-$350 for a whole car

The nerve of these guys to charge $200 for RIMS.

You can EASILY do rims yourself. Prep takes the longest but you literally spray a coat (takes 5 min max for all 4 rims) let it dry, then spray again 15 min later. The hell they charging $200 for.

The nerve of these guys to charge $200 for RIMS.

You can EASILY do rims yourself. Prep takes the longest but you literally spray a coat (takes 5 min max for all 4 rims) let it dry, then spray again 15 min later. The hell they charging $200 for.
Co-sign. My friend who doesn't know a damb thing about cars asked me what he could do to his Elantra's rims, I suggested platidip. He did his research, and just a few weeks ago actually did it himself. Results were really good, and he showed me how he prepped.

Co-sign. My friend who doesn't know a damb thing about cars asked me what he could do to his Elantra's rims, I suggested platidip. He did his research, and just a few weeks ago actually did it himself. Results were really good, and he showed me how he prepped.
I prepped heavy my first time, when I did it to my Si I just washed my car/rims and then went to work, did not even cover the tires or anything. **** peels off anyway.

I prepped heavy my first time, when I did it to my Si I just washed my car/rims and then went to work, did not even cover the tires or anything. **** peels off anyway.
Word, if you mess up just peel it off. It doesn't dry completely until a good 2-4 hours after coating it on right?

Yeah id let it sit for an hour or so then head home since I would do it at my friends or uncles crib. Just put a lot of layers so peeling it will be easy.

1995 4 Door Integra, he says has ac but doesn't blow to cold & that it could use a flex pipe cause the cat converter is f_. Insight please.

Back
Top Bottom