\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I prepped heavy my first time, when I did it to my Si I just washed my car/rims and then went to work, did not even cover the tires or anything. **** peels off anyway.
Not much prepping is needed. Just a wash really. I did mine in under an hour and came out :pimp:

i did my old 6g 3.0 accord coupe in flat black

damned garbage clear coat from that gen was giving my car cancer. 

little help guys

my friend has a 2007 Acura TL type-s with 89,5XX miles. he found an e46 m3 he would rather have at a dealer a few hours away. he still owes about $15.5k on the car, but carmax offered him $13.5k. if he takes that carmax offer to the dealer with an m3 and asked them to match it, would they be able to build that $2k difference into the loan for the m3? or would he have to pay that $2k in cash to clear the lien and then just get a loan for the m3?

really want him to get it so i can finally work up the courage to go to the track with someone.

If the dealer with the M3 matches that, then yes, he can roll the other 2k into the new loan with the M3. He should get the CarMax quote and keep it in the pocket and try to negotiate a 100% payoff with the dealer with the M3 first though. If they low ball and not budging on that then you can try and hit them with the CarMax paper then.

I'm not too keen on rolling over money from loans personally, but it can be done.

Last edited:
He owe's 15 on a car worth 13?

That's gotta burnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

well private party is equal to what he owes, but i don't think you can ever really get kbb private party value in the real world. he had a high interest rate due to poor credit a couple years ago, but he's improved his credit since then and wants to get into something new. I'm gonna try to help him sell it, but he wanted to know if rolling the difference into a new loan would be an option. obviously not the best idea, but we'll see what he ultimately decides.

Assuming that car is Clean title, he should be able to sell it on Craigslist for what he owes pretty easily. I'd do that and then go pick up the M3.  If he doesn't wanna wait, or go through the trouble, then taking that 13500 from carmax isn't really THAT bad

I just took a quick look on local CL and the cheapest clean title Type S i saw was 15k and it had more miles than your buddies

But another thing to consider is how much is he paying for this M3???  If he's getting it at a dealer he's paying more than it's worth already, then add in the 2k extra from the loan on the TL. And he's gonna end up in a situation again where he owes more than the car is worth probably for a while

Last edited:
Someone tell me why I shouldn't pursue this:

http://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/4644002640.html
It's a 1993 Stock Jeep for 12 grand. That's why you shouldn't pursue it :lol:

Sure, the documented miles are amazingly low. But, if you buy it to use, those miles will go up, and its value will plummet (if it's even worth 12 grand right now). Also, if you're gonna use it, chances are there are gonna be plenty of parts that aren't in great condition because it hasn't been used much.

And, if you're just buying it to collect it..... well at end of the day it's just a 1993 Jeep, they made millions of these, so it's not like it's rare. I dunno about you, but going down to my garage to gaze at my 1993 mint condition Jeep, because if I actually use it it won't be worth anything, wouldn't do much for me. You would have to hold onto it for a LONG time to MAYBE make a little coin on it.

So, although it's in incredible shape, I just don't see how it's worth it. Unless your dream vehicle is a White 1993 Jeep Wrangler, and you'd keep it as your daily driver forever, I really don't see why you'd buy it.

Last edited:
+maintenance and repairs.

Why not just pay off the TL? Seems like he's asking for more trouble.
Not trying to judge at all (srs). Just sincerely trying to help.

Think he's bored of the car now. He's making just under 6 figures now, but paying off a lot of his parents debt so he hasn't really been able to enjoy it thus far. Gonna just try to to get him to sell the car for as close to what's owed as possible and then try to find an m3 for a good price after that.

Someone tell me why I shouldn't pursue this:

http://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/4644002640.html
It's a 1993 Stock Jeep for 12 grand. That's why you shouldn't pursue it :lol:

Sure, the documented miles are amazingly low. But, if you buy it to use, those miles will go up, and its value will plummet (if it's even worth 12 grand right now). Also, if you're gonna use it, chances are there are gonna be plenty of parts that aren't in great condition because it hasn't been used much.

And, if you're just buying it to collect it..... well at end of the day it's just a 1993 Jeep, they made millions of these, so it's not like it's rare. I dunno about you, but going down to my garage to gaze at my 1993 mint condition Jeep, because if I actually use it it won't be worth anything, wouldn't do much for me. You would have to hold onto it for a LONG time to MAYBE make a little coin on it.

So, although it's in incredible shape, I just don't see how it's worth it. Unless your dream vehicle is a White 1993 Jeep Wrangler, and you'd keep it as your daily driver forever, I really don't see why you'd buy it.

All of this here.

What many people don't realize is that older cars with incredibly low mileage often tend to be much more troublesome than those that were driven regularly. Age leads to problems and letting cars sit for prolonged amounts of time leads to problems. It's not a bad purchase if you plan on driving it sparingly and keeping it for decades to come, but if you plan on buying to drive it frequently, I would look elsewhere.

Wifey bought this bad boy a few days ago. 2015 GTI autobahn edition. Peep the sneakers hehe

Here's a pic of it in the garage with me evo x

Not pictured is my 2014 gsxr 750.

We are extremely happy with the GTI, super smooth ride and excellent interior.

Last edited:
^Congrats on the pickup!

Not sure if you posted an update on the Evo situation or if I just missed it but did you end up buying your friends Evo and selling yours? nelson999 nelson999 :nerd:

Not sure if you posted an update on the Evo situation or if I just missed it but did you end up buying your friends Evo and selling yours? @Nelson999
nerd.gif
No my buddy is still working out the details of getting a loan for an Evo.

And i have been hearing some sketchy things about the shop that built the engine on the one i might buy.

No my buddy is still working out the details of getting a loan for an Evo.

And i have been hearing some sketchy things about the shop that built the engine on the one i might buy.
I thought you had said the shop was the most repped one in your area?

Welp, i thought that was the case. They Have kind of moved on from Evos and mainly specify in GTR's now. Anyway after digging a little deeper and talking to some guys in the area, it seems that they are kind of wreckless with their builds and tunes and a lot of their built Evo motors have popped in under 5k miles. And a lot of the cars they tune also

Rolling negative equity is an option. All depends on his credit at the time and if he has down payment. I've seen people roll as much as 4500 .. They just kept burying themselves with every trade in they did. Homie of mine was buried about 7k. Honda had some crazy dealer cash options on certain vehicles and he was able to roll all of his negative equity by buying one of the qualifying cars. Basically the rebate from honda paid for the whole amount and he broke even. He's now driving a crosstour lol, but without negative equity. Dude wants to pay on it for a year or so and then cop something else. Crosstours ain't bad, just wasn't his first choice. Sometimes u gotta just time it right.

Always educate yourself with promotions and rebates. Don't make an impulse buy and check your credit YOURSELF before coppin a car.

[thread="266081"] [/thread]
Welp, i thought that was the case. They Have kind of moved on from Evos and mainly specify in GTR's now. Anyway after digging a little deeper and talking to some guys in the area, it seems that they are kind of wreckless with their builds and tunes and a lot of their built Evo motors have popped in under 5k miles. And a lot of the cars they tune also

Dang that sucks. I was going to say I thought you said they were a reputable shop but there goes that.

Back
Top Bottom