\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Got this two months ago. Absolutely love it. 2013 GTI

What is he doing?!? Why would you want to sell that in the US?!?
I seen at least 20 skylines in oregon. we can drive 6 hour up to Vancouver Canada and buy one for dirt cheap

Here's my friends skyline r34

clean r33 gtr

My friend drifting his r32 back in 2004 i think he payed around 12k for the skyline from Canada

Skylines arent totally illegal in the U.S. like many people seem to think. There are many legal ways to get around the import regulations.

Also... R33s have the best crash-test rating (next to r35) and are the easiest to import into the US legally with minimal modifications.

The cars you hear about getting Repo'd by the Feds are primarily R-34s & R-32s that were imported by a few different company's in the late 90s/early 00s that had faked paperwork and lied about modifications that would have made the cars US legal.

Last edited:
I know theyre not illegal or anythjng, but they are very rare and I've maybe seen like 5 ever (where I'm at at least). If I had one, I wouldnt sell it.

Skylines arent totally illegal in the U.S. like many people seem to think. There are many legal ways to get around the import regulations.

Also... R33s have the best crash-test rating (next to r35) and are the easiest to import into the US legally with minimal modifications.

The cars you hear about getting Repo'd by the Feds are primarily R-34s & R-32s that were imported by a few different company's in the late 90s/early 00s that had faked paperwork and lied about modifications that would have made the cars US legal.
 The r32 my friend switch vin numbers with a 240sx and registered it as a 240sx with insurance
laugh.gif

How hard would it be to register one of these cars in the US
nerd.gif
depends what car it is, what mods are done to it, what state you live in.  

answer all of those questions then it will be easier to find out how hard it will be.  

but if its 25 yrs old you can register it here without any restrictions.  the first year of the r32 skylines will be legal here next year because of this law!

smokin.gif
1996 BMW M3 Euro Spec, 6 speed, 3.2L 321HP, 131,000 kms, Suede vador seats for $12k

$7K
sick.gif

$8K

2JZ ARISTO/GS300

How hard would it be to register one of these cars in the US
nerd.gif
buy the same usa version and switch vins
happy.gif

Canada has it easy with jdm cars
[h3]Shipping[/h3]
Cars imported to Canada are shipped to all major maritime ports in Japan to Vancover or New Westminster. Unfortunately at this we can not arrange inland shipping.
[h3]Age Restriction[/h3]
When importing used vehicle to Canada vehicle must be older than 15 years. Vehicles that are younger than 15 years can not be imported.
[h3]Road Worthiness Inspection [/h3]
A Road Worthiness Inspection is not requied.

Last edited:
I know the Toyota Soarer (Lexus SC) was available with a 2jz turbo; but were the Toyota Aristos available with turbos from the factory in other markets ?
Or is that one pictured above modified ?

Last edited:

smokin.gif
1996 BMW M3 Euro Spec, 6 speed, 3.2L 321HP, 131,000 kms, Suede vador seats for $12k
The European spec E36 M3 is SO MUCH freaking better than the US Spec model we got.  i always give my buddy who owns one a hard time about it

Last edited:
I know the Toyota Soarer (Lexus SC) was available with a 2jz turbo; but were the Toyota Aristos available with turbos from the factory in other markets ?
Or is that one pictured above modified ?
The aristo came with a 2jz with twin turbos from the factory

i don't understand the Supra hate.  they are amazing looking cars (matter of opinion of course), not very many out there, and on top of that they are extremely easy to make really really fast. why wouldn't car enthusiasts like that?

Last edited:
Im sure I would still take a lambo over a 1995 toyota. Not everyone is in the jdm tuner community

Back
Top Bottom