\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

So park it, let it run for a while, and then check the reservoir to see if the coolant level has changed?

Yes - starting with a cool engine with the radiator cap removed. It can take a while for the car to get up to temp and for the coolant to start circulating

Just observe the coolant level and your temps as you go. If you see bubbles that means air is escaping. Depending on how long it's been you may just want to flush the entire system and proceed with the steps above

Also when up to temp check to see if your heater blows hot air in the cabin. If not that could indicate bad thermostat

Thoughts on the current Si? All youtube reviews I've seen have been positive.

Considering picking one up as my current car is soon approaching its end. Runs well, but any time there could be a major repair.

First choice is actually Integra Type S or FL5, but I don't think I can justify the price tag. Si would be a nice compromise for a sporty car that can still fit car seats lol.

SI is a solid car. Reliable, good gas mileage, well designed interior, and fun to drive.

Is it underpowered relative to the segment? I would say so. But do you really intend on using all that power? Most of the time, people are doing pedestrian driving which the SI is a good solve for. If you're looking for a car with a lots of horsepower for spirited driving, you might as well just save your money for a Type R or integra type s.

I need another fun/quick Honda build at some point. Probably a S2K

Have a 05 RSX-S still that's bone stock. Just don't love the color combo enough to put money into

Jade green metallic which I like but has the grey interior that's meh

Boy if you dont do that Intergra conversion! Or are you holding on to it to sell it as you really don't see RSX's on the road anymore?

Yes - starting with a cool engine with the radiator cap removed. It can take a while for the car to get up to temp and for the coolant to start circulating

Just observe the coolant level and your temps as you go. If you see bubbles that means air is escaping. Depending on how long it's been you may just want to flush the entire system and proceed with the steps above

Also when up to temp check to see if your heater blows hot air in the cabin. If not that could indicate bad thermostat
I tried running the heater yesterday, and everything seemed fine while idling. When I got home, I checked the coolant reservoir after topping it off earlier, and it was super low again. I topped it off once more, but I’m not seeing any leaks. If this doesn’t resolve it, I’ll take it in for a full flush. I’ve never done one myself, but I assume they did it when I had the timing belt, pump, and tensioner replaced.

Boy if you dont do that Intergra conversion! Or are you holding on to it to sell it as you really don't see RSX's on the road anymore?

Yeah hate the idea of letting it go since it's stock and low miles. DC5s one of my favorites of all time

Picked it up cheap in like 2011-12. Always a second or third car though so not driven much

Just wish it had the black interior man :lol: Ik people do the swaps but I've never attempted something like that

I tried running the heater yesterday, and everything seemed fine while idling. When I got home, I checked the coolant reservoir after topping it off earlier, and it was super low again. I topped it off once more, but I’m not seeing any leaks. If this doesn’t resolve it, I’ll take it in for a full flush. I’ve never done one myself, but I assume they did it when I had the timing belt, pump, and tensioner replaced.

Was the pump something that was done recently? They may just not have bled the system properly

Hopefully that or a just a leak you're not noticing. Not sure if those engines were prone to head gaskets or not

Back
Top Bottom