\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

bout a groupon to drive 2 laps in either a Ferrari 430 or a lambo Gallardo in November. going with 4 friends. originally chose the rari because it had paddle shifters, but one of us had to switch to the lambo to make it work. I decided to do it, but i'm slowly starting to psych myself out since it's a stick. I haven't driven stick in like 2 years and that was only when I was valeting part time while in school.

Soon as you get in the car, you'll remember.

It's second nature.

bout a groupon to drive 2 laps in either a Ferrari 430 or a lambo Gallardo in November. going with 4 friends. originally chose the rari because it had paddle shifters, but one of us had to switch to the lambo to make it work. I decided to do it, but i'm slowly starting to psych myself out since it's a stick. I haven't driven stick in like 2 years and that was only when I was valeting part time while in school.

sounds dangerous, ill buy your spot and save u the headache. paypal ready

I want to buy a S5, but I live in the heart of SF, where the max speed is like 10 mph :smh: :lol: Might just get the A5 instead cause the extra $ for the S5 would go to waste.

Can any A5 owners comment on the performance of the car, since it only has 200 or so HP? My 02 Accord struggles to get up the hilly parts of SF without me flooring it :x :lol:

Last edited:
The new jeeps are so nice. Inside an out. There was a member here who worked for adv1 wheels. He drove a CC. I don't recall his name right now but he said you ccould pm him for the NT discount.

My sis an I did that groupon deal also. It's coming up in july. Only 99 bucks I choice the 430. Gotham Dreamcars tour or something. For our area it's 3 laps not 2.

The new jeeps are so nice. Inside an out. There was a member here who worked for adv1 wheels. He drove a CC. I don't recall his name right now but he said you ccould pm him for the NT discount.

def, those are one of the most improved vehicles, compare the old gen interior to the new and its like W-T-H :x

they are beautiful

My sis an I did that groupon deal also. It's coming up in july. Only 99 bucks I choice the 430. Gotham Dreamcars tour or something. For our area it's 3 laps not 2.

DMV? I saw the gotham one too and saw it was 3 laps for only $99 so we were about to buy that one, but realized that it was a little track set up inside a baseball stadium. we decided to go with the other one in WV. it was one lap for $99 or 2 laps for $149, but it's a legit track that takes up to 8 min per lap with a long straight where you can actually push the cars hard instead of being confined to a track that's squished inside a baseball field.

I think i'm just psyching myself out though. I learned how to drive stick a couple years ago and haven't really driven one since I quit valet around that time, but I'd been riding around on my bike until I sold it about a month ago. I should be ok...but if I mess up...at least it's not my car lol.

Zyzz i agree. When i got in at the nyc auto show I was very impressed. I got out and said to the model......."this one here def doesn't start at 30k" She laughed. Huge improvement.....even the headlights had little detail like the year jeep started inside. They put some work in that joint.

Pug...no I'm from CT an correct the Gotham one is at a baseball stadium. Wth 99..........wow yea legit track one I gotta look that up thanks.

Last edited:
God I hope not, they'll butcher it and we'll get a 4 door sedan with a 4 cyl as a option. If it's not a 2 door Turbo V6, don't bother!

The 2015 Grand National and GNX sedans will ride on GM's new rear-drive Alpha platform, which was introduced with the Cadillac ATS and is earmarked for the sixth-generation Camaro and the third-generation Cadillac CTS.

Like the ATS, Buick's GN will offer the choice of a turbocharged 2.0-liter four (currently rated at 272 horsepower) or a 3.6-liter V-6 that makes 321 horses in the ATS.

Well, unfortunately I called it..... 4cyl sedan. What a damn shame

Last edited:
That goes for any car really. Aesthetics is a large priority. You guys talk about performance like it's everyone's concern. Most don't push their cars to the limit (nor care to) or use it's full potential. From my perspective, a powerful Camaro or Mustang is mostly for people utilizing a cheap/affordable alternative for performance. That's why you'll mostly see high-school/college girls in a stock model or dude's in used models flaunting them like they're worth anything. Looking like you're "Big-Time" might work in a low-to-middle class neighborhood, but seeing/hearing a fast Camaro/Mustang/etc. is not as appealing as seeing/hearing that "slow" Ferrari/Lamborghini/etc. It's easy to buy a mass-produced vehicle and make it fast. That's why Ford/Chevrolet/etc. will never propel themselves to a top-tier market. There's just a small, niche group stuck-on American muscle. Nothing more, nothing less...
Ford and Chevy are the niche market... i forgot how many :ambo and Ferraris i see. I understand you saying Fords and Chevys cant touch Ferrari/Lambo but ill tell you this, I would rather drop 80 g's on a Mustang Cobra have 640 horses and a back seat, ac, radio and money left over for a house than cop a Ferrari. Good luck making a Ferrari or Lambo an everyday driver. I love Ferraris and Lambos but they arent practical and really are for super rich, and shine on a track. 

That goes for any car really. Aesthetics is a large priority. You guys talk about performance like it's everyone's concern. Most don't push their cars to the limit (nor care to) or use it's full potential. From my perspective, a powerful Camaro or Mustang is mostly for people utilizing a cheap/affordable alternative for performance. That's why you'll mostly see high-school/college girls in a stock model or dude's in used models flaunting them like they're worth anything. Looking like you're "Big-Time" might work in a low-to-middle class neighborhood, but seeing/hearing a fast Camaro/Mustang/etc. is not as appealing as seeing/hearing that "slow" Ferrari/Lamborghini/etc. It's easy to buy a mass-produced vehicle and make it fast. That's why Ford/Chevrolet/etc. will never propel themselves to a top-tier market. There's just a small, niche group stuck-on American muscle. Nothing more, nothing less...
Ford and Chevy are the niche market... i forgot how many :ambo and Ferraris i see. I understand you saying Fords and Chevys cant touch Ferrari/Lambo but ill tell you this, I would rather drop 80 g's on a Mustang Cobra have 640 horses and a back seat, ac, radio and money left over for a house than cop a Ferrari. Good luck making a Ferrari or Lambo an everyday driver. I love Ferraris and Lambos but they arent practical and really are for super rich, and shine on a track. 

Wait... did this guy just say "Ford and Chevy are a Niche market " ? ! ?! !??!

You could use a gallardo and a 612 scaglletti on a daily basis. You can't have kids over 9 though. Most friendly DD is a 911.

I'm not saying Ford and Chevy are niche markets. I thought he was and i was saying obviously Ford and Chevy aren't.

Well no **** they are for the wealthy. 
laugh.gif

They are status symbol cars. If you can afford a Ferrari, (AFFORD, not have enough bread to simply buy one) then chances are you arent worried about needing to have leftover money for a house.

Ford and Chevy are a niche market? You can substitute Ford and Chevy with any carmaker and make that argument. 
laugh.gif

Well no **** they are for the wealthy. 
laugh.gif

They are status symbol cars. If you can afford a Ferrari, (AFFORD, not have enough bread to simply buy one) then chances are you arent worried about needing to have leftover money for a house.

Ford and Chevy are a niche market? You can substitute Ford and Chevy with any carmaker and make that argument. 
laugh.gif

I've seen Ferraris And Lambos parked in apartment complex's before. I'm just saying that dude saying only cheap or broke people buy american made cars isnt accurate.

You could use a gallardo and a 612 scaglletti on a daily basis. You can't have kids over 9 though. Most friendly DD is a 911.

That's good to know this is what's pushing me more toward the rapide instead of the db9 . You can barley fit anything in the backseats of the db9 and the rapide is a little better but I found out that the maserati gran turismo has the about the same space as a rapide an is the same length as a range rover as well. The quattroporte is even better for space too. But maserati is like the Honda to Ferrari's accord and they basically depreciate crazy like a 30% drop off. For example a granturismo a brand new is 119,000 but a 2 year old model is 77k on the high end without any negotiation or trade ins , quattroportes even less

Back
Top Bottom