\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

most i did was 160, it got kind of boring and all i could think about was what if something fails.

there were no cars as far as the eye could see, but still not responsible, dumb move.

i enjoy the quick 1-3 second acceleration tho

That quick acceleration TO get to a high speed > actually driving in that top speed. I dont see how people regularly drive 100+ for minutes at a time.

I smoked two raccoons and a possum last week working. Felt bad. :frown:

animals popping out are no joke. That worries me the most. I drive speed limit at night. Smoke an elk or something and it’s a wrap.
I decapitated a goose in my wrangler one night :lol:

Also had a bird hit my windshield one time when the top was off and it’s dead body land in the back of the cargo area. :lol:

that thing hated any type of bird.

Oh absolutely! Although we know what it's capable of from articles or youtube videos we have to experience it live in the flesh because if we don't it's just not the same. Seeing is believing lol. And same here I'm good I will not be doing that again. With modern brake systems & Brembos 4psiton/6piston we can walk it down quicker from low triple digit speeds like you said. And totally agree, it's great to see it climbing without a hiccup but you gotta draw the line somewhere. Mine tops out at 182mph but 123 is MORE than enough for me. Thank God there were no cops around 🚔 lol or my *** would've been done. And what car was this? Did you keep up? Lol
I kept up, until I decided that it wasn’t worth it. I was in my Stinger, my co-workers were pushing a Scat Pack Charger and a Challenger RT. I wouldn’t want to imagine what 182 even feels like……..

On the NJ turnpike all you see is roadkill after roadkill. First we invade & chop their natural habitat(s) to build highways than we run em over ☹. Driving on the Taconic State Pkwy you gotta be super careful for roadkill + it's only 2 narrow *** lanes for the bulk of it so the margin-of-error is super slim. It's one of the most twisty & scenic roads I've ever had the pleasure of driving on. Got pulled over 3 times on it before crossing the border by State troopers :lol: in my brothers Maxima for tint & loud exhaust. Ironically, our next trip to Canada which was for the parade we did the same route but this time in my Maxima which has way darker tint & a much louder exhaust & we never got pulled over even once lol. Exhaust tends to be louder when it ricochets off mountains & you're the only car on rural roads with little to 0 surrounding noise

I decapitated a goose in my wrangler one night :lol:

Also had a bird hit my windshield one time when the top was off and it’s dead body land in the back of the cargo area. :lol:

that thing hated any type of bird.
That’s one of the things that scares me the most. We have a heavy deer population on the road that I use, and at night you just never know when one is going to try it’s luck……

I kept up, until I decided that it wasn’t worth it. I was in my Stinger, my co-workers were pushing a Scat Pack Charger and a Challenger RT. I wouldn’t want to imagine what 182 even feels like……..
Yeah bro def not worth it. Them Stingers are very quick on their feet. 182 yeah I'll just imaginrle what it feels like & SRTs Hellcat/Hellcat Redeye go above 200mph 😱that's F'ing insane. I think their odometers top out @220 :wow:

Speaking of roadkill & such I was watching a Motorweek episode on the new 2021 Porsche 911 Turbo & they have a night vision feature in it. You turn it on in the gauge cluster & using night vision tech it picks up any animals. It's a damn impressive feature on a car. Porsche just may be the ultimate driving machine. You can see it at the 3:39 mark

That’s one of the things that scares me the most. We have a heavy deer population on the road that I use, and at night you just never know when one is going to try it’s luck……
Yeah lotsa deer around here too. Always gotta keep your eyes on the side of the road too.

Speaking of roadkill & such I was watching a Motorweek episode on the new 2021 Porsche 911 Turbo & they have a night vision feature in it. You turn it on in the gauge cluster & using night vision tech it picks up any animals. It's a damn impressive feature on a car. Porsche just may be the ultimate driving machine. You can see it at the 3:39 mark

Porsche is the GOAT.

I never hit animals in my car *knocks wood*

but I’m my work truck whatever jumps in front of me is gonna die. I can’t swerve or make sudden movements in a 150k pound truck.

I won’t slam the brakes either and end up with a dozer on top of me crushing me. I just don’t even react it’s just how it is. I’d rather kill an animal than me or the car next to me.

Back
Top Bottom