\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I knew a dude when I used to work at this hookah lounge back in the day, him & his boys were regulars. Guyanese & Triny crew. His parents got em brandnew top of the line Subaru WRX of that time circa '09/'10 for his 18th birthday. Word started to spread he took the exit off the highway @ almost triple digit speeds & crashed into a tree. It was him & 3 of his boys...all 3 of them died & he was the lone survivor of the crash. It was all over the news too. Gotta live with that guilt for the rest of his life ☹
I remember that. It was all over the news in NYC

safety isn’t a concern here, same way I can go get my motorcycle permit in 5 minutes after glancing at the booklet for 15 minutes pass the test and go get a 200hp motorcycle :lol:

as far as imports it’s just has to do with what manufacturer paid off the politicians.

that’s why we have the 25 year import law.

Mercedes Benz & BMW (though it was mainly M-B) who cried to the government to implement the 25 year rule as it was actually cheaper to buy a car from overseas (grey market) and have it shipped in vs buying a US market M-B, with exchange rates making the $$$ very favorable to buying the cars overseas. Once M-B cried, they got their wish and we, the car community got royally screwed!

At least Canada only makes you wait 15 years to import something. Us, we got that extra 10 freaking years to go. I would do anything to be able to import a TVR Tuscan Speed Six or TVR Cerbera if I could. The car from Swordfish (Tuscan) is such a quirky and unique car, it would make everyone wonder what it was. Damn rule. Wish they would either rescind it or at least reduce it to 15 years to match Canada.

Yep first thing I'm going to invest in is the exhaust, and props for the recommendations. Only decent pic I've taken of it, will take some more this coming weekend:

IMG_2891.jpg

Ah, Lightning Blue!! Love that color. My 2017 Fusion Energi was that color. Such a pretty color! Yeah, once you remove the whole system from the cats back, you'll be amazed how long it is and how much it muffles the sound. There are a few other systems to check out but I don't know all of them. Some of the shops like LMR (Late Model Restoration), AM (American Muscle, though I can't stand them) or CJPonyParts (good company) among many who have systems. Your gonna have to listen to a bunch of YT videos to get a sense on sound. Oh, I almost forgot. You can get the GT350 style exhaust for your car I believe. You just have to do another small mod before it would work. That's below...

Another cool mod, Ford Performance does sell a kit to replace the lower rear valance to accept the quad pipes from the 2018+ models. This goes hand in hand with adding the GT350 exhaust (just not active). It's loud always, lol. You'll have fun making it your own. I know I did back in the day when I got mine. 👍

Knew a kid in high school who was going triple digits in a Silva S14 with a friend in the passenger seat. Lost control, crashed into some wooden gate and a piece of wood pierced through his friend's chest, missed his heart by inches and he survived. Driver came out unscathed. Nearly had to live with that for the rest of his life.

I love fast but maybe there needs to be some setting/limitation that caps the speed on some cars when they're on normal roads. Leave that crazy **** to the tracks - yall putting innocent lives in danger with that idiocy

Fast is only good for the track, PERIOD! Everyone has to have horsepower numbers that outdo their buddy's car. 760 hp GT500. 806 hp Demon, supercharge an American muscle car and your pushing 900-1000 hp! For what?!! You can't use 80% of that number on public streets. It's all a Johnson measuring contest. Never got caught up in that when I bought my '06 Mustang GT.

Back in 2005+, everyone was hot for superchargers. Whipple, Saleen, Roush, Kenne Bell, Vortec, & Edlebrook all made kits. Took the 300 hp GT to mid 400- almost 500 depending on other mods (couldn't push any more than 500 rwhp without building the motor internally, hence why lots had low boost from their respective manufacturers, or it would throw a rod. I've seen it done).

But the bump in power came at a cost of at least $4000 installed and as much as $7,000 with full Dyno tune. I said heck with it. Can't use that power on the street. I'll spend $2K for a full longtube exhaust. Won't be 450 rwhp, but it will sure as well sound damn good. Numbers today are just that. Numbers. Can't use most it it on the street. If one does, they are just asking for trouble.

fluid hips fluid hips Goddamn, I forgot how badly the car had been mangled. Just read the article & remembered they all went to Richmond Hill HS. The pics of the first 2- they were the ones who were at the lounge eveey other day. I had some details wrong, thought it was 2010 but it was 2012 & Dead Man's Curve is wherr they died. Wonder how & where this dude is nowadays? Good **** on finding the article

I knew a dude when I used to work at this hookah lounge back in the day, him & his boys were regulars. Guyanese & Triny crew. His parents got em brandnew top of the line Subaru WRX of that time circa '09/'10 for his 18th birthday. Word started to spread he took the exit off the highway @ almost triple digit speeds & crashed into a tree. It was him & 3 of his boys...all 3 of them died & he was the lone survivor of the crash. It was all over the news too. Gotta live with that guilt for the rest of his life ☹
I remember the story. Dude ended up going to jail for it as well.. but yeah, cats always speeding out that way.

I don’t see how cats do that on a regular, the high triple digits. I tried it once, and it felt like I had tunnel vision and the moment my eyes veered a certain direction it felt like that’s where my car was going. Also, although I felt confident in the car’s ability to handle the speed, I was losing confidence in my ability to handle it. Cats that go 150+ on the regular good on y’all, but I just can’t do it.

I remember the story. Dude ended up going to jail for it as well.. but yeah, cats always speeding out that way.
Word bro. Y'know what they say play stupid games win stupid prizes. I guess at that age most people especially males feel invisible like nothing bad can happen to them. His parents are stupid to buy him that Subaru Impreza as his first car...he was 17 with only a learner's permit :smh:

I don’t see how cats do that on a regular, the high triple digits. I tried it once, and it felt like I had tunnel vision and the moment my eyes veered a certain direction it felt like that’s where my car was going. Also, although I felt confident in the car’s ability to handle the speed, I was losing confidence in my ability to handle it. Cats that go 150+ on the regular good on y’all, but I just can’t do it.
100% agree with you. At those speeds everything is a blur man, one just one wrong move or too much to the left or too much to the right & you & your car are history! Those speeds are for closed circuits. I remember back in 2016 when I first got my Challenger I didn't know how to act lol. Took it on the HOV & went upto 123mph(fastest I've ever driven) it was very balanced & controlled but like you said it was all tunnel vision & although HOV was empty it's still not safe, stupid on my part. It was jail time fast but I had the car for only like 2 weeks up at that point so I wanted to see what she could do & it just kept climbing & climbing. But the stupidest **** I've ever done was fall asleep behind the wheel while driving back from Toronto after the Raptors championship parade in 2019. We drove to Toronto from NYC left at 2AM got to Toronto around 11-ish. The parade was dope as hell, we were all excited & chanting MVP & all on the top of our lungs. After leaving the parade we hit up some fast food joint in Kensington Market. Then it was time to go home. After all the yelling & partying in the parade & eating & getting the itis we were drained of energy & had a 10 hour drive in front of us. On the highway heading towards the border in rush hour traffic I started getting drowsy & my hands slipped from the wheel & I was startled awake. THANK GOD I didn't rearend someone. Accidents are such a headache to begin with I did not want to get into one in a whole different country. We basically drove 1,100+ miles in a span of 24 hours 😱. Will never ever do something that stupid ever again. Def booking a hotel to recharge & sleep next time before hitting the road. I still feel utter shame & embarrasement talking about it on the inside, it could have ended very badly for me

100% agree with you. At those speeds everything is a blur man, one just one wrong move or too much to the left or too much to the right & you & your car are history! Those speeds are for closed circuits. I remember back in 2016 when I first got my Challenger I didn't know how to act lol. Took it on the HOV & went upto 123mph(fastest I've ever driven) it was very balanced & controlled but like you said it was all tunnel vision & although HOV was empty it's still not safe, stupid on my part. It was jail time fast but I had the car for only like 2 weeks up at that point so I wanted to see what she could do & it just kept climbing & climbing. But the stupidest **** I've ever done was fall asleep behind the wheel while driving back from Toronto after the Raptors championship parade in 2019. We drove to Toronto from NYC left at 2AM got to Toronto around 11-ish. The parade was dope as hell, we were all excited & chanting MVP & all on the top of our lungs. After leaving the parade we hit up some fast food joint in Kensington Market. Then it was time to go home. After all the yelling & partying in the parade & eating & getting the itis we were drained of energy & had a 10 hour drive in front of us. On the highway heading towards the border in rush hour traffic I started getting drowsy & my hands slipped from the wheel & I was startled awake. THANK GOD I didn't rearend someone. Accidents are such a headache to begin with I did not want to get into one in a whole different country. We basically drove 1,100+ miles in a span of 24 hours 😱. Will never ever do something that stupid ever again. Def booking a hotel to recharge & sleep next time before hitting the road. I still feel utter shame & embarrasement talking about it on the inside, it could have ended very badly for me

I don’t know what it is, but after getting a new car there is always something about seeing what it could do, when we already know what it’s capable of, that’s why we got them but I will never do it again. Maybe low triple digits because it’s easier and quicker to walk it down to a legal-ish speed, but never again high triple digits. When you said it kept climbing I felt that because it felt like it could keep climbing but at some point I felt I didn’t want to see anything else that I could do, not in that capacity. Coincidently I was trying to see if I could keep up with two of my co-workers, one Charger Scat Pack and one Challenger R/T.

I went 168mph with the top down. All I saw was tunnel vision it was scary as hell but a rush at the same time. My friends were in front of me going well over 180

we have crazy long highways here almost feels like I’m on the autobahn sometime

Fastest ive gone in a personal car was my first car, a Scion tC, pushed that to 120 and was scared cause it was kinda shaky. :lol:

120 in a different car, Bimmer/Benz is obviously going to be a lot less dramatic. I (unknowingly) pushed that Model X I rented to about 120 and didnt even realize I was going that fast cauae the thang was too damn smooth. But yeah, not confident going that fast for an extended period of time. Open highway cruising, id probably max out at 90 to cruise and thats a stretch for me.

I don’t know what it is, but after getting a new car there is always something about seeing what it could do, when we already know what it’s capable of, that’s why we got them but I will never do it again. Maybe low triple digits because it’s easier and quicker to walk it down to a legal-ish speed, but never again high triple digits. When you said it kept climbing I felt that because it felt like it could keep climbing but at some point I felt I didn’t want to see anything else that I could do, not in that capacity. Coincidently I was trying to see if I could keep up with two of my co-workers, one Charger Scat Pack and one Challenger R/T.
Oh absolutely! Although we know what it's capable of from articles or youtube videos we have to experience it live in the flesh because if we don't it's just not the same. Seeing is believing lol. And same here I'm good I will not be doing that again. With modern brake systems & Brembos 4psiton/6piston we can walk it down quicker from low triple digit speeds like you said. And totally agree, it's great to see it climbing without a hiccup but you gotta draw the line somewhere. Mine tops out at 182mph but 123 is MORE than enough for me. Thank God there were no cops around 🚔 lol or my *** would've been done. And what car was this? Did you keep up? Lol

I’ve hit 115 before. I was on a mission to hit 120 but never did
But I’ve never had a “fast” car. Only a 04 Passat, 07 Mazda 6, and now a 15 rav4

Got up to like 120 in some old Buick or Oldsmobile, don't remember but it was one of them mid 90s boats and didn't feel it. I do nowhere near that nowadays though, jail time for speeding sucks.

My car is limited to 125, I’ve hit that out west where it’s perfectly safe to do so.

I wouldn’t want to go faster on the tires I have anyways.

I don’t think I’ve ever been above 140’ish in any car.

Back
Top Bottom