\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I think they featured an episode of Top Gear of Chinese copycats. It was freaking hilarious.
I haven't seen that but am interested & will be on youtube to look for it. It is hilarious, like they do such a good job ripping off designs it's mind boggling. No shame in their game. Aren't their international laws prohibiting manufacturers from copying off each others designs or some sort of mandate that it's not to occur. How're these Chinese brands getting away with this forgery?

Have any of you bumped into one of these... Ever? 1/2 G Bodies that Im in love with.

f8294e27d54c9dbe17275dcc00061a3f.jpg
1983-84-Hurst-Olds-Lightning-Rods.jpg
img7424_150955.jpg
My Dad had an '87 Olds. We drove it to Chicago back in '93 & back home. The car was bulletproof. Seems like their were quite a few MonteCarlos, Olds, Buicks, Regals with the same body styling from that era. Saw the exact same one my Dad had in a carshow couple of years back except this one was built for drag & the owner had like over 10g in upgrades under the hood.

Didn’t you paint the trim on the rear too? One thing I don’t like is the shape of the exhaust cutout. I’d do quads if they fit or big singles
Yes I did paint the trim on the rear too, literally every piece no matter how big or small- if it was grey it is now black lol. I just don't understand why they 2 tone them man...it's soo damn ugly imo. Who approved of this ugliness at Dodge? Fire his *** I say! Lol. The shape of the exhaust cutout could be better, totally agree. Had they been continuing to put the dual exhaust tips like they did on the 2011 SRTs it would look fine but they for some odd reason changed it up from 2015 to present to what are referred to as loud mouth tips. Resembles closely one of the pieces you can insert on the hose on home vacuums. It's an easy fix though- just need to get some dual exhaust tips for each side. Aftermarket or Mopar. I went with the Mopar kind as I try my best to stay OEM as possible. They still manufacture them they just don't put them on from factory for w.e. reason $ most likely. They were chrome I quickly got that **** deleted & powder coated to gloss black. If in the future I can find a way to get my Shaker stripes changed to black I def will. Like keep the same physical stripes but get em painted over or something Idk. Sucks they don't give an option for your choice of stripe color. My car is black so they give em grey stripes, white & red cars get the black stripes, sublime get the grey. Why couldn't someone or the machine screw up & gimme black stripes damn it lol. B4 & afters with the trimmings being painted. I've since pained the rotor hats black & am looking around to getting the rotors powder coated to black too. I dropped off all the emblems at my boys shop last Tues & haven't heard from em since. Going to swing by & see if it's all been painted black & ready to be put back on. Was going to get the windshield tinted(5%) this Spring but with the pandemic happening I'm not trying to get near or have people get inside my car & not know where they've been or who they've been around so putting that off until next Spring God Willing.

1st pic.jpg
20200325_095635.jpg
BIG BUTT.jpg
20190824_204928.jpg
DAMN.jpg
20200325_095646.jpg

I try & do the same- love basically all cars with few exceptions too lol. Yeah GT-R fanboys are quick to come to it's defense lol when their personal opinions aren't shared on it. Personally I think the r32-r34 Skyline GT-Rs are better since they're raw & not cpu dominated like the current one. But it's still a very nice car. And indeed Nissan has only done minimum in terms of upgrading it. The prices have gone through the roof. They hand make and assemble the engines I believe or at least they used to so that's a big factor in their MSRP. Their interiors have a decent amount of grey bits and pieces that make it appear bland but in peanut butter color with the carbon fiber trim it actually looks pretty good in my opinion. Should it have a better interior considering it's price? 100% but it's Nissan's supercar & I guess their main focus is performance & not spiffy'ing up the interior with elegance. Top tier Mopars are damn near 100k too but they focus on performance rather than luxury materials for the interior but muscle cars are supposed to be about going fast & not fancy interiors- most enthusiasts don't care for that reason but It'd be nice to see them refine them a little more although the interiors have come a long way since '08. Mostly all American brands make interiors on the cheaper looking side. Did it give you that heart dropping in your stomach feeling? Lol a lot of cars do that to owners. They think they all of a sudden they've morphed into professional racecar drivers & wind up wrecking their prized possessions. Too much money & not enough brains. Did it instantly hook with it's AWD system?

So very true buddy. And when I mentioned the GT-R, I was only referring to the R35 new gen model. I love the R32-R33-R34. Such a cool car that's finally able to be imported (32 & early 33s). Yeah, it was that feeling like we're gonna crash sensation due to the insane sudden acceleration. Dang fast but I can think of a lot of cars I'd rather have than the Nissan!

Yes I did paint the trim on the rear too, literally every piece no matter how big or small- if it was grey it is now black lol. I just don't understand why they 2 tone them man...it's soo damn ugly imo. Who approved of this ugliness at Dodge? Fire his *** I say! Lol. The shape of the exhaust cutout could be better, totally agree. Had they been continuing to put the dual exhaust tips like they did on the 2011 SRTs it would look fine but they for some odd reason changed it up from 2015 to present to what are referred to as loud mouth tips. Resembles closely one of the pieces you can insert on the hose on home vacuums. It's an easy fix though- just need to get some dual exhaust tips for each side. Aftermarket or Mopar. I went with the Mopar kind as I try my best to stay OEM as possible. They still manufacture them they just don't put them on from factory for w.e. reason $ most likely. They were chrome I quickly got that **** deleted & powder coated to gloss black. If in the future I can find a way to get my Shaker stripes changed to black I def will. Like keep the same physical stripes but get em painted over or something Idk. Sucks they don't give an option for your choice of stripe color. My car is black so they give em grey stripes, white & red cars get the black stripes, sublime get the grey. Why couldn't someone or the machine screw up & gimme black stripes damn it lol. B4 & afters with the trimmings being painted. I've since pained the rotor hats black & am looking around to getting the rotors powder coated to black too. I dropped off all the emblems at my boys shop last Tues & haven't heard from em since. Going to swing by & see if it's all been painted black & ready to be put back on. Was going to get the windshield tinted(5%) this Spring but with the pandemic happening I'm not trying to get near or have people get inside my car & not know where they've been or who they've been around so putting that off until next Spring God Willing.

1st pic.jpg
20200325_095635.jpg
BIG BUTT.jpg
20190824_204928.jpg
DAMN.jpg
20200325_095646.jpg
That rear plastic reminds of what ford did with the 2010-2012 mustang. Black/grey plastic everywhere, front lip, rear valance, side skirts were all grey. I’ve seen them painted and they look much better. Just an example:
DD8DE7D5-7CC2-40C2-A53D-C3EA33F91128.jpeg
648E6088-9A13-4066-A644-F14D291C11F1.jpeg

also swapped tail lights are a must on these years :sick:

The 442 is the coolest version of the gbody to me. Wish it had more power than the grand natty,seeing that it had those lightning rods

Used the macguiars wheel cleaner that was supposed to be "safe" for my type of wheel and this is what it did to the calipers...
IMG_20200715_232828_496.jpg

It was headed to the powder coat shop anyway, so I wasn't too bent out of shape. But, I'll never use a wheel cleaner again.
Almost looks like soap that dried on them or hard water.

Do any of yall stand on your cars in pictures. I never understood the fascination with it, and recently saw a pic on FB. Am I just old or out of touch?
would-you-stand-on-the-roof-of-your-pagani-zonda-84334_1.jpg

I know it is your property, however, is this some new fade that I missed out on when I got washed.

I agreed to help a coworker install some replacement tail lights on a 2014 camaro thinking it’ll be a 10-15 minute job. You have to remove the whole bumper to get to the tail light bolts wtf Chevy. Oh well at least I helped him save $200 a shop was charging.
Unfortunately most companies have switched to doing this, I believe it is because it is extra labor time they add into the work.
what the actual **** smh
Just got off work too 🤦🏾‍♂️
So I have the wife bringing me new tires from the house
which is like over an hour away so this mobile tire service can mount and balance em
707740E8-032C-42B5-A36D-2906C089682D.jpeg
Did the tire guy even make a guess on how that could have happened?

Do any of yall stand on your cars in pictures. I never understood the fascination with it, and recently saw a pic on FB. Am I just old or out of touch?

I know it is your property, however, is this some new fade that I missed out on when I got washed.
**** no. I won’t even lean on my car.

That guy is rich and just doesn't give AF, that background looks like he's in Monaco.

I think it's the false confidence that you can get away with it. As people commit crime after crime they get more & more confident in doing so. It's that over confidence that causes them to slip up that one time & get caught. Whoever owns that car I feel bad not just because it's a dope ride but the headache they'll be facing going through insurance over the course of who knows how many months? Glad they got caught though before anyone got hurt
Really I think it will be a pretty open and shut case depending on the insurance company. Police report will show a lot and answer most of the questions, only thing owner should have to do is find a replacement car.
WENT AHEAD AND PULLED THE TRIGGER AND WENT CATLESS,(STAINLESS WORKS) THIS THING SCREAMS NOW!

Pretty sure neighbors are hating you now.
LOL! YEA LOCAL PD IS THE LEAST OF MY WORRIES.
NAH IT DOESNT DRONE AT ALL AT CRUISING SPEED. ITS ACTUALLY RATHER QUIET AT 65-70MPH
Damn homie is basically Joe Pesci in any mob movie.
joepesci-6-272x399.jpg

What's the yellowish foam in the 1st pic?
Foam basically it allows them to cut and shape the vehicle to get an idea what the finished product, shape, and design would look like.
Best car under 20k tho, no z slander whatsoever 🙄
I allow the Z slander, because I am a Z owner. The slander is warranted because of that ANCIENT platform they refused to updated until recently. People talk about the Challenger, hell Z has done the least the longest.

I think 2023 is the year for a full refresh. It's a bunch of blabber though- sometimes there's talk of a Cuda resurrection then I read headlines of a real 2 door retro Charger in the works...I'l believe it all when I see it. And yes they sell the **** out of them. Y'know what it is with that Challenger in particular- back in the 70s Dodge only had the Challenger on sale from 1970-1974 so that gave em 5 years of sales. In those 5 years they sold millions & it was a successful product. Then the oil crisis happened and the masses turned to more fuel efficient vehicles instead of high hp and performance type. When Dodge bought the Challenger back in '08 they knew they can pick up where they left off IF they retro'd it right. They used the same design with updated tech & beefed up V8s. Enthusiats have been eating it up & the sales #'s have been climbing year after year. So now here we are 12 years removed from the comeback year & Dodge will continue to milk the model and platform down to the very last ounce and penny they can squeeze out of buyers
No dog in the fight, but I would much rather a Cuda revival than a 2 door Charger. That is one thing I hated about BMW and the M3/M4 family. Hey M3 is only going to be 4 doors and M4 2 doors. Sike we lied just do whatever you want.
The titan with the Cummins is appealing but price is crazy imo
Was considering it when I was shopping around, however the price was just so much more than my Tundra.

No GTR fanboy the car was incredible when it came out, however, with no real upgrades over the years. It has just become an overpriced Nissan with aging technology, just like the Infiniti QX truck. Wife wants one but I keep telling her no, truck is junk and hasn't done anything in YEARS.

You're washed. Like you said its his property. Let him do it for the gram

Thinking about renting my friends gt350 for the weekend and taking it on a rally lol. He said $60 a day not bad

Check out this car on Turo!
https://turo.com/us/en/car-rental/united-states/portland-or/ford/shelby-gt350/802675

That's a good deal. I will warn you thought. If your going to take it on a rally and really get on it, on a consistent basis, be careful! I say this as it's a Base GT350. Back in '16, the base did NOT come with any of the coolers for the differential, transmission and engine oil! That was an option (track package). You can tell it's base without the coolers when the car has the little wing. If you drive it aggressively for a period of time, the car can go into limp mode without coolers in place. It's even in the Ford Performance GT350 supplement book in the owners manual. 👍

Now some will ask, why would Ford do that? For the person who didn't want to track it and only drive it to cars & coffee/car shows.

Mini Coopers, Beetles fall into the Porsche/Jeep discussion.

Infiniti was bugging calling the last model G sedan a G35/G37/Q40. That brand makes no sense. I know its a different discussion and different idea but that always annoyed me.

picasso swerve picasso swerve huge mistake on Nissan's part to go from the 'G3x' branding to 'Qxx'. For better or worse they could've left all iterations of the vehicle as the 'G35' and learned from Acura's error with replacing all their established brand names with some BS letter combinations.

definitely not just a money thing, back when like 5 years ago me and my buddy took a road trip in 2 priuses and posed on the cars by sitting on the roof :lol:

Back
Top Bottom