\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

When tf is dodge going to make the next gen charger/challenger? Didn’t they already use an older platform back in 08? I know they still sell the **** out of them, but it’s mostly because of cheap hp than anything else imo.
I think 2023 is the year for a full refresh. It's a bunch of blabber though- sometimes there's talk of a Cuda resurrection then I read headlines of a real 2 door retro Charger in the works...I'l believe it all when I see it. And yes they sell the **** out of them. Y'know what it is with that Challenger in particular- back in the 70s Dodge only had the Challenger on sale from 1970-1974 so that gave em 5 years of sales. In those 5 years they sold millions & it was a successful product. Then the oil crisis happened and the masses turned to more fuel efficient vehicles instead of high hp and performance type. When Dodge bought the Challenger back in '08 they knew they can pick up where they left off IF they retro'd it right. They used the same design with updated tech & beefed up V8s. Enthusiats have been eating it up & the sales #'s have been climbing year after year. So now here we are 12 years removed from the comeback year & Dodge will continue to milk the model and platform down to the very last ounce and penny they can squeeze out of buyers

When I said they've been consistent I was talking about the current gen not the past 60s into the 70s, I was referring to the 05-present for Chargers & 08-present for Challengers which is why I said "current Mopars also have not had a major overhaul in design since its introduction in current form 👍" but if we're talking strictly from time of inception to today than yeah the Mopars don't qualify. And you're totally right today's Chargers are 4 doors. They wanted the retro flavor to heavily be invested into the Challenger & at the sametime I guess they figured having the powerful V8s in a 4 door sedan will also bring in revenue & they haven't been wrong according to Charger sales. Agreed the Challenger today does reflect the looks of the old one which is lovely. Same shape & form just a lot chunkier lol. And good God what the heck was Dodge thinking with the late 70s Chargers? Those are sooo ugly imo. Some dude has one in migraine red color around my way. It was ugly back then & is even uglier today 1975-1978 model years. And that abomination of a "Challenger" from 1978-1983 lol I don't even count that, its just a rebadged variant of the early Mitsubishi Galant Lambda coupe. I don't even want to get started on that wannabe Foxbody Charger looking thing. Agreed the silhouette of the Jeeps & Porsches of that era were consistent

dude was talking about Porsche design being consistent through several generations, and you’re talking about a single generation remaining almost unchanged. I mean of course, since it’s the same car/platform.

What other model out there has had the same gen for 13+ years?

dude was talking about Porsche design being consistent through several generations, and you’re talking about a single generation remaining almost unchanged. I mean of course, since it’s the same car/platform.

Yeah I realize what he was talking about in regards to design consistency & I was just trying to say current Mopars have done the same but I was incorrect because boywonder boywonder stated since their inception & that doesn't hold true for Mopars :emoji_thumbsup: . And as far as for your question Idk I think the 370Z would qualify. Those have remained the same since what when they were released like '08 or '09?

Yeah I realize what he was talking about in regards to design consistency & I was just trying to say current Mopars have done the same but I was incorrect because boywonder boywonder stated since their inception & that doesn't hold true for Mopars :emoji_thumbsup: . And as far as for your question Idk I think the 370Z would qualify. Those have remained the same since what when they were released like '08 or '09?

Were talking about 10-15 years whereas Porsches and Jeeps have decades of their look.

Z got a new model coming out next year

Were talking about 10-15 years whereas Porsches and Jeeps have decades of their look.
I know which is the reason why I stated the word "current" in 2 posts than I reiterated that it was my mistake in my last post Idk if you saw and read that part; AND I also said "I was incorrect because boywonder boywonder stated their inception AND THAT DOESN'T HOLD TRUE FOR MOPARS 👍. So what're you getting at?

I know which is the reason why I stated the word "current" in 2 posts than I reiterated that it was my mistake in my last post Idk if you saw and read that part; AND I also said "I was incorrect because boywonder boywonder stated their inception AND THAT DOESN'T HOLD TRUE FOR MOPARS 👍. So what're you getting at?

I read the exchange. Im talking in a general sense, to me the decades of Porsche and Jeep vs Dodge’s said cars is apples and oranges. Just throwing my 2 cents in cause I believe my 2 cents is worth 3 (but its actuslly worth none). :lol:

I read the exchange. Im talking in a general sense, to me the decades of Porsche and Jeep vs Dodge’s said cars is apples and oranges. Just throwing my 2 cents in cause I believe my 2 cents is worth 3 (but its actuslly worth none). :lol:
Lol nah it's good. I've been doing the same **** bro :rofl:. That's on me - I misread it. And lmao for sure there is absolutely no comparison with Porsche/Jeep vs Dodge, it's apples & oranges 100%. I actually think my 2 cents is worth a nickel when I know it's worth 0 haha. How's that new battery been treating you?

I was sitting next to a plum crazy widebody redeye the other day (a car I actually wanted to buy) and I got to thinking. The hellcats aren’t the BEST looking cars out, but I think they will age really well. If I were to rate them I’d give them something like a 7 or 8 out of 10... The thing about it is that in 5+ years that car will still be a solid 7/8 imo. A lot of cars, especially Audi’s are :emoji_fire: , but they don’t age very well. That’s something I think the Hellcats actually do have in common with Porsche.

Nissan seems to never redesign their cars. How long has the z been the same?

Mini Coopers, Beetles fall into the Porsche/Jeep discussion.

Infiniti was bugging calling the last model G sedan a G35/G37/Q40. That brand makes no sense. I know its a different discussion and different idea but that always annoyed me.
The q40 is the only one that makes no sense.
G35 has a 3.5 g37 had the upgraded 3.7 and the q40 was a one year thing when they were replacing the G series for the Q but for some reason didn’t want to let the old body style go so they called it the q40 all while releasing the new q50 :lol:

I was sitting next to a plum crazy widebody redeye the other day (a car I actually wanted to buy) and I got to thinking. The hellcats aren’t the BEST looking cars out, but I think they will age really well. If I were to rate them I’d give them something like a 7 or 8 out of 10... The thing about it is that in 5+ years that car will still be a solid 7/8 imo. A lot of cars, especially Audi’s are :emoji_fire: , but they don’t age very well. That’s something I think the Hellcats actually do have in common with Porsche.
What you mean they will age well? They’re already pre-aged with the retro design :lol:
Nah but I think they will definitely age well. Can’t say the same for the 2008-2014 challenger though. Those things have aged terribly imo and I think it’s because of the non-led tail lights/headlights. Every now and then I see a decent looking one though

Lol nah it's good. I've been doing the same **** bro :rofl:. That's on me - I misread it. And lmao for sure there is absolutely no comparison with Porsche/Jeep vs Dodge, it's apples & oranges 100%. I actually think my 2 cents is worth a nickel when I know it's worth 0 haha. How's that new battery been treating you?

Haha I gotchu. New battery been great and good thing I got it cause I still havent gotten an appointment at Honda.

Tempted to give my car to my bro and get the C43 I want.

Haha I gotchu. New battery been great and good thing I got it cause I still havent gotten an appointment at Honda.

Tempted to give my car to my bro and get the C43 I want.
Damnn which Honda is this, the one on Bayside & Northern or Hillside? That's crazy because if I remember it was around the 4th if July your battery gave out & it is now 16 days later & they still don't have an open slot to get you an appt? Or you just haven't booked an appt for whatever reason? C43 is a great lookin ride. You going for the sedan or coupe? AMG would be all sorts of 🔥

What you mean they will age well? They’re already pre-aged with the retro design :lol:
Nah but I think they will definitely age well. Can’t say the same for the 2008-2014 challenger though. Those things have aged terribly imo and I think it’s because of the non-led tail lights/headlights. Every now and then I see a decent looking one though

yeah I thought about the 2008-2014 and they were barely 6’s to begin with so they didn’t fall off too hard lol

Do you like the widebody on it? I like the regular narrow body. Imo the car comes bloated enough without having a widebody slapped on it. I sometimes like em & sometimes think it's ugly lol. For sure they'll age well as sgamon sgamon said they're based off of a classic nostalgic design in retro form. I love the coke bottle shape, the kitchen counter sized dashboard lol & rear width. I like em all & I strongly believe the Shakers are the BEST looking ones. Not because I have one but even before I purchased one just having a part of the engine sticking outta the hood is soo nostalgic & appropriate on a muscle car imo. Curious what would you give the interior out of a 10? The 08-14 didn't age well mostly because of the trash interior but they have since improved 2015-present day. Todays interior gets a 7 & the 08-14 I give a 4

Nissan seems to never redesign their cars. How long has the z been the same?
If '08 counts as the first year then it's been 13 years lol. I was 20 years old when that car came out haha am 31 now going on 32 & it's still the same exact car. What about the GTR? has that changed all that much over the past 8 to 10 years?

I've seen on the Challenger forums owners swapping out the stock bulbs & replacing them with LED ones but it still doesn't look right imo. The front lip on the 08-14 also was oddly shaped. The SRTs of that run did have some dope 5 spoke polished aluminum wheels though, not a fan of the chrome ones. I'm anti chrome completely unless it's a car from the 40s- 60s. You guys rmbr the chrome mesh grill era from like '01-05? Lololol what were they thinking? And the spinners? That stuff didn't age well at all

Do you like the widebody on it? I like the regular narrow body. Imo the car comes bloated enough without having a widebody slapped on it. I sometimes like em & sometimes think it's ugly lol. For sure they'll age well as sgamon sgamon said they're based off of a classic nostalgic design in retro form. I love the coke bottle shape, the kitchen counter sized dashboard lol & rear width. I like em all & I strongly believe the Shakers are the BEST looking ones. Not because I have one but even before I purchased one just having a part of the engine sticking outta the hood is soo nostalgic & appropriate on a muscle car imo. Curious what would you give the interior out of a 10? The 08-14 didn't age well mostly because of the trash interior but they have since improved 2015-present day. Todays interior gets a 7 & the 08-14 I give a 4

i like the wide body slightly more from certain angles. I mostly like the added width from the back. I always thought the challenger had too high of a waistline and the wide body makes it look a little lower. Also, I was never a fan of how the exhausts are cut out into the black plastic part That tapers down at the bottom... I hate that plastic part. They should have cut the back off where the paint stops on the rear bumper. That part actually makes it shaped like a boat lol.

If '08 counts as the first year then it's been 13 years lol. I was 20 years old when that car came out haha am 31 now going on 32 & it's still the same exact car. What about the GTR? has that changed all that much over the past 8 to 10 years?
Yeah Nissan tends to keep the same gen for longer than other brands. Not sure about the gtr never was really into it but I’m sure it’s the same.
I've seen on the Challenger forums owners swapping out the stock bulbs & replacing them with LED ones but it still doesn't look right imo. The front lip on the 08-14 also was oddly shaped. The SRTs of that run did have some dope 5 spoke polished aluminum wheels though, not a fan of the chrome ones. I'm anti chrome completely unless it's a car from the 40s- 60s. You guys rmbr the chrome mesh grill era from like '01-05? Lololol what were they thinking? And the spinners? That stuff didn't age well at all
If I were to get one it’d have to be the srt8 and dirt cheap :lol: i actually like the charger better on that gen SRT. And yeah I still see people rocking the ebay special chrome trim all over their car :smh: especially here in Texas. you ever seen a challenger on 28s?

edit: enjoy I see it all the time
C3575D36-CE3A-4D81-B808-CEF2368F837D.jpeg

God I hate that car!!! I'm a car nut/gear head and love basically all cars with the exception of a very very small few, and the GT-R Nissan (Gotta say the make now with M-B using GT-R for their halo car now) is on that list. It's a car I just can't stand (I know my opinion won't be liked)! Yes, they never have done a serious reengineering on it (when they do new platorm, like the jump from S197 Mustang to S550). Just done refreshed the fascias front and rear and done power upgrades, all the while seriously raising the price.

Is it fast? You bet. Won't deny it. Rode in one once, and my customer's nephew who brought it over to take me for a spin, hit it from a stop sign. I got that "scared out of control" feeling in my stomach. But the inside is so bland and, honestly, cheap looking (for the price they want). Plus, the car makes some owners think they can drive like LeMans/IMSA professionals due to the electronics the car has.

Back
Top Bottom