\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Damnn which Honda is this, the one on Bayside & Northern or Hillside? That's crazy because if I remember it was around the 4th if July your battery gave out & it is now 16 days later & they still don't have an open slot to get you an appt? Or you just haven't booked an appt for whatever reason? C43 is a great lookin ride. You going for the sedan or coupe? AMG would be all sorts of 🔥

Sedan bro. Cant do coupes no more.

nissan doesnt sell anything but rogues. sales have been plummeting across the board for some time now with them.

Nissan gang reporting in. Not loyal to the brand, just happened to have a 6MT/RWD sedan in their lineup at the time. Bought new 7 years ago and only have about 36k miles, so plenty of life left. By the time it’s ready to move on, I’ll be ready for an EV. Hope I can resist the urge of upgrading til then...

04991549-CA84-48D5-B54B-9E5CC13FD754.jpeg

Nissan gang reporting in. Not loyal to the brand, just happened to have a 6MT/RWD sedan in their lineup at the time. Bought new 7 years ago and only have about 36k miles, so plenty of life left. By the time it’s ready to move on, I’ll be ready for an EV. Hope I can resist the urge of upgrading til then...

Just 36k miles?! What's your DD?

i like the wide body slightly more from certain angles. I mostly like the added width from the back. I always thought the challenger had too high of a waistline and the wide body makes it look a little lower. Also, I was never a fan of how the exhausts are cut out into the black plastic part That tapers down at the bottom... I hate that plastic part. They should have cut the back off where the paint stops on the rear bumper. That part actually makes it shaped like a boat lol.
The wide body definitely adds some more aggressiveness to it. The added width from rear does look good...wider the better w/o overdoing it. I hear ya on the waistline, seems ok to me. It's a good like 6 inches from the roof. As for the exhaust being cut the way it is...that's a direct mimick of the '70 '71 models, with the design being centered heavy on retro flavor I'm sure there was no other way around it & to still have it look like the classic ones on that part of the body. I don't hate the plastic part I just hate that it's left primed gray from factory instead of being painted body matching color. Which is why I got all them grey bits pieces & mouldings painted last summer, never been a fan of 2 tone color set up on any car. I'm looking at a pic of the rear of mine & imagining the boat shaped piece not being there lol it wouldn't look right without it I think or I'm just used to it being the way it is

Yeah Nissan tends to keep the same gen for longer than other brands. Not sure about the gtr never was really into it but I’m sure it’s the same.

If I were to get one it’d have to be the srt8 and dirt cheap :lol: i actually like the charger better on that gen SRT. And yeah I still see people rocking the ebay special chrome trim all over their car :smh: especially here in Texas. you ever seen a challenger on 28s?

edit: enjoy I see it all the time
C3575D36-CE3A-4D81-B808-CEF2368F837D.jpeg
Yes Nissan does, there just a totally different brand than they once were man. It's a damn shape they stopped trying with the Z. I think the GTR has gotten some updated front fascias with the lights/carbonfiber interior package & then they have the big dawg GTR "Nismo" edition

You can get into the older SRTs Challengers for like 18-26k depending on mileage. Seen some on ebay auctions for 30k lol. Those are nice too the Charger SRT8 that's what they had in Fast5 the kind you like I think. Yeah that gaudy chrome all over Idk about that man, I call it the page out of the "AutoZone" mod God handbook. Some people just don't know when to stop lol. Good God 28s!!! How does that thing turn? Barely turns with 20s lolol. I know they got Big Rigs down in TX that go even bigger. I'm surprised they have em on 28s in TX...that's something I would expect to see in ATL. ATL cats are different with their rides lol

The wide body definitely adds some more aggressiveness to it. The added width from rear does look good...wider the better w/o overdoing it. I hear ya on the waistline, seems ok to me. It's a good like 6 inches from the roof. As for the exhaust being cut the way it is...that's a direct mimick of the '70 '71 models, with the design being centered heavy on retro flavor I'm sure there was no other way around it & to still have it look like the classic ones on that part of the body. I don't hate the plastic part I just hate that it's left primed gray from factory instead of being painted body matching color. Which is why I got all them grey bits pieces & mouldings painted last summer, never been a fan of 2 tone color set up on any car. I'm looking at a pic of the rear of mine & imagining the boat shaped piece not being there lol it wouldn't look right without it I think or I'm just used to it being the way it is
Didn’t you paint the trim on the rear too? One thing I don’t like is the shape of the exhaust cutout. I’d do quads if they fit or big singles

Have any of you bumped into one of these... Ever? 1/2 G Bodies that Im in love with.

f8294e27d54c9dbe17275dcc00061a3f.jpg
1983-84-Hurst-Olds-Lightning-Rods.jpg
img7424_150955.jpg
I like Gbodies alot but I'm not paying anymore than a few thousand for a nice one unless it's a grand national. People are asking over 10k for monte carlo ss and real 442s but theres no way in hell they're worth it yet. They actually sell that style shifter to work in gtos kind excessive but looks cool imo
gAHBXW4k-jU4qf4C.jpeg

Limited edition? Theres one near me With 50k red interior in Malbec black. They want way too much :lol:

God I hate that car!!! I'm a car nut/gear head and love basically all cars with the exception of a very very small few, and the GT-R Nissan (Gotta say the make now with M-B using GT-R for their halo car now) is on that list. It's a car I just can't stand (I know my opinion won't be liked)! Yes, they never have done a serious reengineering on it (when they do new platorm, like the jump from S197 Mustang to S550). Just done refreshed the fascias front and rear and done power upgrades, all the while seriously raising the price.

Is it fast? You bet. Won't deny it. Rode in one once, and my customer's nephew who brought it over to take me for a spin, hit it from a stop sign. I got that "scared out of control" feeling in my stomach. But the inside is so bland and, honestly, cheap looking (for the price they want). Plus, the car makes some owners think they can drive like LeMans/IMSA professionals due to the electronics the car has.
I try & do the same- love basically all cars with few exceptions too lol. Yeah GT-R fanboys are quick to come to it's defense lol when their personal opinions aren't shared on it. Personally I think the r32-r34 Skyline GT-Rs are better since they're raw & not cpu dominated like the current one. But it's still a very nice car. And indeed Nissan has only done minimum in terms of upgrading it. The prices have gone through the roof. They hand make and assemble the engines I believe or at least they used to so that's a big factor in their MSRP. Their interiors have a decent amount of grey bits and pieces that make it appear bland but in peanut butter color with the carbon fiber trim it actually looks pretty good in my opinion. Should it have a better interior considering it's price? 100% but it's Nissan's supercar & I guess their main focus is performance & not spiffy'ing up the interior with elegance. Top tier Mopars are damn near 100k too but they focus on performance rather than luxury materials for the interior but muscle cars are supposed to be about going fast & not fancy interiors- most enthusiasts don't care for that reason but It'd be nice to see them refine them a little more although the interiors have come a long way since '08. Mostly all American brands make interiors on the cheaper looking side. Did it give you that heart dropping in your stomach feeling? Lol a lot of cars do that to owners. They think they all of a sudden they've morphed into professional racecar drivers & wind up wrecking their prized possessions. Too much money & not enough brains. Did it instantly hook with it's AWD system?

but a sentra can't spin the tires b.

lowkey the new altima is kinda nice, it has a flat bottom steering wheel :lol:
but i know its going to age horribly.
I agree the new Altimas & Maximas are both kinda nice especially in top trim which if I'm not mistaken is called "platinum edition". These 4 door mid to full size family sedans have steadily been getting a little more oomph past 5 years or so. Have you seen the new Toyota Camry TRD? It actually has a factory stock wing! Lol. Visually it looks great & is now putting out 301/276...probably still can't smoke the tires though haha

A
nissan doesnt sell anything but rogues. sales have been plummeting across the board for some time now with them.
Around my way I kid you not every other car is a Nissan Rogue. Especially the newer ones. Rented one of those back in 2017 for my roadtrip. DC/Boston/Philly. Hella fuel efficient & ample amounts of cargo room. Took it to 112 on the NJ turnpike for couple of mins lol thank God no cops were around and during that same drive we saw a dude getting road head next lane over :lol: Guess they couldn't wait till they got home 🤷‍♂️

Sick ride, gloss black would look even better imo, then again I just paint everything black lol. How do you feel about the lag if you've ever noticed one? I believe Nissan/Infiniti heads call it "limp mode". My brother has a 2016 370Z, a friend has same car as yours & know few more and all of them say it lags in 2 to 4th gear while upshifting & also my brother says once his Z oil temp goes over 220 degrees it starts limping

Back
Top Bottom