\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

srt's DO pay the gas guzzler tax
scat packs DONT
even though its the same engine
Plenty of people with scat packs pay the tax. Is yours automatic? Apparently the automatics have a slightly better mpg rating so that they don’t have to pay the gg tax.

Maybe they snuck it in there without him noticing. It happens all the time.

just read that the scat pack automatic doesn’t get the tax but the manual does. Not sure how true this is. Does this apply to you guys?

Edit:Looking at the price of each Challenger option won't make the decision easier. The automatic transmission is $1,400, but its improved fuel economy — 15/25/18 mpg city/highway/combined EPA ratings versus 14/23/17 mpg — frees it of the manual model's $1,000 gas-guzzler tax.
Oh snap! You're right brother. I had it backward's...I just took a look at my window sticker & other document's & I paid $1,400 for opting for the auto transmission. Manual is the standard trans so $0 added but for manual like you said you get hit with the gas guzzler tax. Auto trans option is $1,400 and no gas guzzler tax. Thank's for clearing that up.

Same **** as everything else :lol:

I’m over that car

Hellcat is more than enough plus 90k actually more since most were sold at dealer mark up. My dealership I deal with has one they’re trying to get close to 200k for it :lol:
Totally agree, the markups are crazy! And with those markups, Hellcat is definitely the move. The widebody look was nice though.

I was just geeked to see one actually being driven on the street, rather then gathering dust as a collector piece in some climate controlled storage facility.

Totally agree, the markups are crazy! And with those markups, Hellcat is definitely the move. The widebody look was nice though.

I was just geeked to see one actually being driven on the street, rather then gathering dust as a collector piece in some climate controlled storage facility.

I seen plenty on the road

I feel like most these guys just like hellcat cop to have the newest and fastest or can’t really afford em and let em go months down the line

Something newer and better comes out and process starts over again

Plenty of people with scat packs pay the tax. Is yours automatic? Apparently the automatics have a slightly better mpg rating so that they don’t have to pay the gg tax.
Yes auto
Everyone I know that has or had a scat
Didn’t have to pay that tax only srt and hellcat

I seen plenty on the road

I feel like most these guys just like hellcat cop to have the newest and fastest or can’t really afford em and let em go months down the line

Something newer and better comes out and process starts over again
Yeah that’s what it be
But I’m getting my hellcat and keeping it
Was talking to my wife
On what color
I really keep going back and forth
May have to just wait till I go to the dealership
A year seems so far away
Still waiting to take my scat pack in for this check engine light
I know it’s the damn exhaust valve
Probably the sensor
Or at least hope that’s it
Just cause u never know

Yeah that’s what it be
But I’m getting my hellcat and keeping it
Was talking to my wife
On what color
I really keep going back and forth
May have to just wait till I go to the dealership
A year seems so far away
Still waiting to take my scat pack in for this check engine light
I know it’s the damn exhaust valve
Probably the sensor
Or at least hope that’s it
Just cause u never know

Exactly if I get one I’m keeping it for good, something that’s gonna be known for years to come. 707hp etc etc

It’s got some history

Back
Top Bottom