\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

finally got to claying the rest of my car. How often should I do this? Maybe every 6 months? It's so glossy now and deeper red :pimp:

I clay every time I do a full a detail which is usually once a year. If you wax the car after, you shouldn't need to clay anytime soon since the wax prevents most contaminants from reaching the actual paint surface. Claying is essentially a cleaning process. It does nothing for the appearance of the paint unless it was extremely neglected.

I clay every time I do a full a detail which is usually once a year. If you wax the car after, you shouldn't need to clay anytime soon since the wax prevents most contaminants from reaching the actual paint surface. Claying is essentially a cleaning process. It does nothing for the appearance of the paint unless it was extremely neglected.
Well my car has always been glossy but now I feel like it's glossier in spots that were never that glossy. I never clayed in the two years I've had it so I think that's why. I did wax it after

Not my pic, but new pickup. It's already got a ton of crap on it after 6 days from driving it off the lot. Got a waterless wash, but I'm scared to use it :lol: Any of you guys use it?

2016-Honda-Civic-Touring-front-three-quarters-061.jpg

Last edited:
The new Civics are super freakin dope. The lines on that car are amazing.

If you got it in white just take it to the regular car wash b. Nothing shows on white. My '11 Camry in SW looks fresh as hell still and besides regular (automatic) car washes I havent done any maintenance to the paint.

Yep white. I might just do that. Planning on vinyl wrapping the roof black though, so I won't be able to do that afterwards.

Not my pic, but new pickup. It's already got a ton of crap on it after 6 days from driving it off the lot. Got a waterless wash, but I'm scared to use it :lol: Any of you guys use it?

2016-Honda-Civic-Touring-front-three-quarters-061.jpg

I use them for light to moderate dust. If the car has been through rain or is really dusty then I hand wash it as usual.

The new Civics are super freakin dope. The lines on that car are amazing.

If you got it in white just take it to the regular car wash b. Nothing shows on white. My '11 Camry in SW looks fresh as hell still and besides regular (automatic) car washes I havent done any maintenance to the paint.
Terrible advice for anyone that cares about their cars appearance. No matter the color.

I've been detailing basically since I started driving so I tend to notice a lot that the average person or even most "car enthusiast" don't notice when it comes to paint. Do what makes you happy.

Last edited:
I use them for light to moderate dust. If the car has been through rain or is really dusty then I hand wash it as usual.
Terrible advice for anyone that cares about their cars appearance. No matter the color.

I've been detailing basically since I started driving so I tend to notice a lot that the average person or even most "car enthusiast" don't notice when it comes to paint. Do what makes you happy.

Of course. Its like me and tattoos, I care more about tattoo quality than the average person cause im into it

What I was trying to get at is that white hides swirls and scratches the best out of any color. :lol:

@Retro707 What are all your mods? That BMW is honestly sick af. :x

I cant wait to see the RS3 agaisnt M2 comparison.........

Last edited:
Got an M4 in the inventory today and i got to drive it from the owners office to our shop. Not bad.  Nice power.  Definitely seems more luxury and less sporty compared to previous Ms

so im thinking about trading in my car (07 mazda 6 with 142,xxx on it) and then financing a new car. i drive a lot for work, like probably 250/300+ miles per week so i need something good in that regard. got my current car in march 2012 with 95k on it and its at 142k now.

leaning towards this https://www.carmax.com/cars/mazda/cx-5/2013/12519903

ive had a bunch of random small problems with my car, although theres been nothing major, im tired of it..ive had it for 4 years and i havent liked it from the jump..

now that ive realized im willing to spend 17,000 + on a car im starting to re think the cx-5. any suggestions?

i do deliveries/catering so i drive a lot in the city and my car gets beat up a bit, plus the winters here in boston.. if i had a job where i just drove there and parked then id for sure get something nicer. realistically i want a lexus is250 but i think its a little backwards doing deliveries in a lexus :lol: , plus i would have to be super careful driving. i could probably get a 2011-2012 for around/a little more than the cx5.

idk what to do, i know that if i get any other car besides the lexus im going to regret it, but i just dont think its smart to do that

Last edited:
I see that mods came in here with the cleanup :lol:

so im thinking about trading in my car (07 mazda 6 with 142,xxx on it) and then financing a new car. i drive a lot for work, like probably 250/300+ miles per week so i need something good in that regard. got my current car in march 2012 with 95k on it and its at 142k now.

ive had a bunch of random small problems with my car, although theres been nothing major, im tired of it..ive had it for 4 years and i havent liked it from the jump..

now that ive realized im willing to spend 17,000 + on a car im starting to re think the cx-5. any suggestions?

i do deliveries/catering so i drive a lot in the city and my car gets beat up a bit, plus the winters here in boston.. if i had a job where i just drove there and parked then id for sure get something nicer. realistically i want a lexus is250 but i think its a little backwards doing deliveries in a lexus :lol: , plus i would have to be super careful driving. i could probably get a 2011-2012 for around/a little more than the cx5.

idk what to do, i know that if i get any other car besides the lexus im going to regret it, but i just dont think its smart to do that
I would just get a Camry and call it a day since you do so much driving

CX-5s are pretty dated, basically all the competitors run circles around it. I'm gonna play devil's advocate and go for older stuff

Image per dolla: 04-06 Cayenne Turbo S. Fairly reliable and lol 530 HP you'll pull up like a boss even if the thing has 900 dents
Older G35s/G37s will also get you tons of respek and you have lots of room for upgrades.
Plenty of low mileage/facelift E9X 3 series with AWD under 20K
Lexus ISs of basically any trim are great as well and I'd take it over a CX-5 any day of the week.
Audi S4s are pretty good if you want performance and image out the box. But they are pretty prone to turbo and 02 failures across basically all generations with the latter two.

Just like kicks, it's really fine if you get some exterior imperfections. Just look for atuff around the 60K mark and they'll serve you for a good 5 years.

Last edited:
I see that mods came in here with the cleanup :lol:

I would just get a Camry and call it a day since you do so much driving

ive driven my dads...i couldnt do it :lol:

my mazda 6 gets like 250-280 miles per tank, so i dont think its THAT good on gas, but its fine with me, i fill up like once or twice a week

CX-5s are pretty dated, basically all the competitors run circles around it. I'm gonna play devil's advocate and go for older stuff

Image per dolla: 04-06 Cayenne Turbo S. Fairly reliable and lol 530 HP you'll pull up like a boss even if the thing has 900 dents
Older G35s/G37s will also get you tons of respek and you have lots of room for upgrades.
Plenty of low mileage/facelift E9X 3 series with AWD under 20K
Lexus ISs of basically any trim are great as well and I'd take it over a CX-5 any day of the week.
Audi S4s are pretty good if you want performance and image out the box.

Just like kicks, it's really fine if you get some exterior imperfections. Just look for atuff around the 60K mark and they'll serve you for a good 5 years.

i cant afford a 60k car, im more in the 15-20k range. my ideal options are an is250 or an a4/s4 but i just dont know how i feel about doing deliveries in one.. its gonna add a lot of stop and go miles, wear and tear, etc

Not sure which generation these are but these are the a4s that I like. Either these or a late 90s/early 2000s. Not a fan of the rounded trunk on the other gens. The back, front, and dashboard/gauges are the most important thing for me in a car :lol:

Not sure if I could afford one of these with decent miles on it

Last edited:
i cant afford a 60k car, im more in the 15-20k range. my ideal options are an is250 or an a4/s4 but i just dont know how i feel about doing deliveries in one.. its gonna add a lot of stop and go miles, wear and tear, etc
I'm talking about mileage. The Cayenne's engine is basically bulletproof minus the coolant lines and a few bits. S4 isn't bad either, but the B5 with its ghetto 2.7TT held together with gum isn't that great unless you get them under 8 and mod it to hell. The B6 and up I heard were pretty good. G35/G37s you can't go wrong with.

Last edited:
Whenever someone comes in here asking for suggestions on a limited budget, I noticed almost every time people suggest getting into a higher mileage luxury car.

Y'all are horrible with money man. Give it to them straight, if your budget is 15k get a Toyota or Honda. You might have gotten your Benz for 15k but when it comes time to service it you're paying to maintain a 50k car.

Last edited:
Whenever someone comes in here asking for suggestions on a limited budget, I noticed almost every time people suggest getting into a higher mileage luxury car.

Y'all are horrible with money man. Give it to them straight, if your budget is 15k get a Toyota or Honda. You might have gotten your Benz for 15k but when it comes time to service it you're paying to maintain a 50k car.
this

I told him to play it safe and get the Camry

For real, dude is asking for cars to do deliveries in and dude is telling him a CAYENNE and G35/37's. :lol:

Insurance on that Cayenne is gonna suck let alone maintenance and he obviously needs space so a G coupe aint gonna do him any good. Plus NE winters and snow? RWD gonna have him missing work. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom