\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

For real, dude is asking for cars to do deliveries in and dude is telling him a CAYENNE and G35/37's. :lol:

Insurance on that Cayenne is gonna suck let alone maintenance and he obviously needs space so a G coupe aint gonna do him any good. Plus NE winters and snow? RWD gonna have him missing work. :lol:

Dude the cayenne comment got me. The major service on any Porsche excluding CGT and 918 is 2k. If you lack the financial confidence to walk into the service center of a Porsche dealer and drop off the car and the dough, the car isn't for you.

Sure you can go to Joe Smith mechanic down the street for less but that's not the point. Why take on an unnecessary headache when you don't have to.

Whenever someone comes in here asking for suggestions on a limited budget, I noticed almost every time people suggest getting into a higher mileage luxury car.

Y'all are horrible with money man. Give it to them straight, if your budget is 15k get a Toyota or Honda. You might have gotten your Benz for 15k but when it comes time to service it you're paying to maintain a 50k car.

+1000000

Cutting corners on those high mileage Germans gonna have you spending damn near close to what you paid for the car itself.

Get a civic and call it a day honestly

Cutting corners on those high mileage Germans gonna have you spending damn near close to what you paid for the car itself.

Get a civic and call it a day honestly
That's why I play devil's advocate. You pick cheap bills or status, you can't have both. I was reffering to the
X models of the Infitinis btw. If you can get a German car under 75K miles, they're not bad. You need headroom for mainteance when dealing with those cars, at least a good 3-5K.

If he's okay with that, he can get the extra status/perf. If he has too much burden to worry about repair and maintenance bills down the road, textbook Japanese cars never will let you down. German cars lose value quick, but maint stays basically the same throughout their lifecycle. That's the double edged sword, and that's his choice.

Last edited:
That's why I play devil's advocate. You pick cheap bills or status, you can't have both. I was reffering to the
X models of the Infitinis btw. If you can get a German car under 75K miles, they're not bad. You need headroom for mainteance when dealing with those cars, at least a good 3-5K.

If he's okay with that, he can get the extra status/perf.

What status? Everybody know those cars are sub 15k. I respect the guy in a new Honda more than an 06 S-Class.

Call it what you want man, at the end of the day I think with my head and not with my d*.

Which one of you guys is gonna pick this up? Peep that mileage.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=425357797&LNX=SOMEDFBVDP

What status? Everybody know those cars are sub 15k. I respect the guy in a new Honda more than an 06 S-Class.

Call it what you want man, at the end of the day I think with my head and not with my d*.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=425357797&LNX=SOMEDFBVDP
Everybody does indeed. If he likes the car, let him enjoy it. I bought my old E39 with my heart not my brain. I knew the maintenance was going to be a pain, so I prepared and it wasn't a nightmare.

I'm the sort of guy that loves yellow soles and rocks a fleet of beaters, so really flexing is the least of my concerns.

That car went to hell and back, defintion of part out material.

Last edited:
Everybody does indeed. If he likes the car, let him enjoy it. I bought my old E39 with my heart not my brain. I knew the maintenance was going to be a pain, so I prepared and it wasn't a nightmare.

I'm the sort of guy that loves yellow soles and rocks a fleet of beaters, so really flexing is the least of my concerns.

The guy basically was asking for a car that he could do deliveries in and beat up on a daily basis and you suggested an older Cayenne Turbo. I'll leave it at that. I have nothing against preowned cars or restoring vintage cars. Cars are my hobby as well and have always been since I could remember. But you are setting him up for failure with that one.

Last edited:
The guy basically was asking for a car that he could do deliveries in and beat up on a daily basis and you suggested an older Cayenne Turbo. I'll leave it at that. I have nothing against preowned cars or restoring vintage cars. Cars are my hobby as well and have always been since I could remember. But you are setting him up for failure with that one.
Unless he has a sizable mainteance overhead, he'd have to get rid lf it in less than 3 years even if he buys one with say 65K. An AWD G35 (pretty rear heavy unless the weather is terrible IIRC) wouldn't be that bad, he doesn't want something dull, and I guess that's the best one I suggested.

OP needs a middleground, and the IS seems decent at the end of the day as well. But I still think a sub-100K 955 that's been decently well maintaned can be a workhorse for a good 50-70K.

Last edited:
You're def right now that I think of it. Unless he has a sizable mainteance overhead, he'd have to get rid lf it in less than 3 years even if he buys one with say 65K. An AWD G35 (pretty rear heavy unless the weather is terrible IIRC) wouldn't be that bad, he doesn't want something dull, and I guess that's the best one I suggested.

OP needs a middleground, and the IS seems decent at the end of the day as well.

You were trying to make a point playing devils advocate but dude was asking for a work car essentially, not a weekend stunter. :lol:

You were trying to make a point playing devils advocate but dude was asking for a work car essentially, not a weekend stunter. :lol:
I guess all the super high mileage 955s stories got to me on that. I've seen some with nearly 300K and running pretty good. The thing that surprised me that most of those cars, some even going towards 350K were maintanined as if they were an old Camry. They seem to be very very reliable, even by the red blooded American definition. But the insurance and when something goes wrong, especially the coolant pipe boogie man won't be that fun.

Anyways, time to move on and find OP, a non-boring, reliable tank under 20K. This will be hard.

But that CLS63 be like

Last edited:

If he's okay with that, he can get the extra status/perf.

Who in their right mind would buy this. Probably cost more than 9 grand just to repair it.

You're def right now that I think of it. Unless he has a sizable mainteance overhead, he'd have to get rid lf it in less than 3 years even if he buys one with say 65K. An AWD G35 (pretty rear heavy unless the weather is terrible IIRC) wouldn't be that bad, he doesn't want something dull, and I guess that's the best one I suggested.

OP needs a middleground, and the IS seems decent at the end of the day as well.

I want something in the middle of these two options :lol:

That's why I'm considering finding a good deal on an is250. I don't know much but I know Lexus are Toyotas so they should be reliable right? If I find a good one

I used to have a Passat and I like golfs so I'm also looking at VW.. Maybe a Passat, golf, or a Tiguan :nerd:
I did have a lot of problems with my Passat but that was also when I was like 16-19

It'll be the car I work in but also just my daily driver so I'm trying to find something nice. I've only really looked into that cx5 so I need to do some more research

I want something in the middle of these two options
laugh.gif

That's why I'm considering finding a good deal on an is250. I don't know much but I know Lexus are Toyotas so they should be reliable right? If I find a good one

I used to have a Passat and I like golfs so I'm also looking at VW.. Maybe a Passat, golf, or a Tiguan
nerd.gif

I did have a lot of problems with my Passat but that was also when I was like 16-19

It'll be the car I work in but also just my daily driver so I'm trying to find something nice. I've only really looked into that cx5 so I need to do some more research
You gotta use the Audi Allroad scale of reliability

10 is an Audi Allroad

1 is an old Toyota Hilux

A Lexus IS250 is like a 3

Last edited:
Lexus are Toyotas ..for the most part. Most of the new Lexus vehicles have so much new tech that Toyotas don't have. I strongly feel that most of the new Lexus cars have too many electronic components as all other makes and models these days.

Everything is technology based, and technology based items cannot be maintained... Everything is a computer hooked up to another computer.. there's just too much stuff in these cars. Only time can tell how reliable this technology will be.

I loved my is350, but At the time I decided to go something more sporty.

a toyota is a 1 on a reliability scale? lol

tiguans are pretty trash to be honest, also resell value on volkswagen's suck for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom