\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Cool :smokin

Like I said, your post made it sound like you had not looked into them much. I assume you meant you don't know much about MODDING them, rather than in general. Should be a fun car, what color you gonna go with?
Thanks man. Trust me I'm taking your words with humble. Because I get what you're saying. Mods for sure I'm not 100% certain after bolt ons with these things. I popped the hood on the one I test drove and it was different but I started to know what I was looking at. I had to get the world rally blue. My first 2 cars were black which IMO you can't go wrong with but decided to get blue. Just like what I test drove

Damn man you're kinda mean :lol:  

Id say exhaust is one of the first mods people do, for cars that sound good at least. That and tint too.

I don't even consider tint a mod. It's just mandatory for me. Never had a car without it. My last car I drive straight from the dealer to the tint shop.

Thanks man. Trust me I'm taking your words with humble. Because I get what you're saying. Mods for sure I'm not 100% certain after bolt ons with these things. I popped the hood on the one I test drove and it was different but I started to know what I was looking at. I had to get the world rally blue. My first 2 cars were black which IMO you can't go wrong with but decided to get blue. Just like what I test drove
Nice, my brother has a World Rally Blue 2015 WRX, it looks good. I tried to talk him into getting the STI, but he doesn't know how to drive stick very well, and didn't want to spend the extra money to get into the STI :smh:. I've had MANY black vehicles over the years, and IMO it is the best color when a car is clean. The problem is black vehicles don't stay clean looking for very long :lol: .

Is that what I think it is
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Lol, launch edition? 

There's a launch edition with less than 13K miles at the dealership less than 5 miles from me. 

Anyways, @WhatCanIsay, I've heard that having a UEL is the added factors to blowing your ringlands? Besides people beating on the car, of course, but that it contributes to blow ringlands. 

So that's why some folks go for the EL instead. 

@RetrolHead, yeah... Keep the stock BOV unless you're thinking about getting a tuned afterward, else it'll cause unwanted backfires and other issues. 

An idea I thought of is, just buy the performance parts you want and hold it altogether aside and once you got all the performance parts you want and is ready for a tune immediately after, it would be best. 

BOV might get annoying after a while.
laugh.gif

#WOOOOSH

Do you though papa, #rumblegang #14carlengths

BOV isn't good for stock Subies correct WCIS?
BOV's on stock turbo/low boost Subaru's makes the engine run rich between gears. Your stock BPV is much more beneficial for power and efficiency, and it's way healthier for the engine.

I've only seen BOV's being effectively used for Subaru's running high boost.

Lol, launch edition? 

There's a launch edition with less than 13K miles at the dealership less than 5 miles from me. 

Anyways, @WhatCanIsay, I've heard that having a UEL is the added factors to blowing your ringlands? Besides people beating on the car, of course, but that it contributes to blow ringlands. 

So that's why some folks go for the EL instead. 

@RetrolHead, yeah... Keep the stock BOV unless you're thinking about getting a tuned afterward, else it'll cause unwanted backfires and other issues. 

An idea I thought of is, just buy the performance parts you want and hold it altogether aside and once you got all the performance parts you want and is ready for a tune immediately after, it would be best. 
Alright you guys convinced me. Makes sense too after you think about the technical use of a BOV. Will hold off.

No F&F action 
laugh.gif

There are plenty of online experts that would swear they know exactly what causes it. In reality, nobody is 100% certain.

I know for a fact that the stock tune is absolute ****, and the fact that kids throw mods on it with OTS tunes and beat the **** out of it then bring it to the dealer with blown ringlands with a clueless face on is what creates the whole problem. And then they'll get upset when Subaru doesn't honor their warranty after they can clearly see the ECU has been ****** with.

EL> UEL, but I highly doubt some pipe design will be the cause for your ringlands to go. Stock or OTS tunes, along with abuse and poor maintenance is what I would attribute 90% of ringland failure to.

I've been running high-flow UEL headers on E85, nearing my stock block's power limit for thousands of miles.  And I far from baby it, but I also don't abuse the **** out of it.. By that logic, my ringlands should have been fried as soon as I left PrimeMotoring. So even though EL headers are much more beneficial than UEL, I wouldn't say the stock headers is what causes ringland failure. Dumb people are what cause it, and an occasional factory lemon.

FA20's are now notorious for their rods failing. EL headers causing this? I doubt it.

At least their ringlands are putting up with the abuse, though.
Right, I definitely do think the abuse to the engine is the main contribution to it. 

Welp started the factory order process for an STI. Should be here right before my lease ends. Gonna work a lot more to put more down towards it.

2 things for you team rumble folk

1. Anyone wanna point me to some good info about the STI? I know very basic and everyone I grew up with couldn't afford a wrx.

2. A lot of the rumble from the WRX comes from unequal length headers right? Heard this a while ago

Hoping to be team rumble come March. First thing I would do to it. Tint, exhaust, and BOV
Everyone pretty much gave you good advice, but what about the finances? How or who are you ordering the car from/through? If you search the forums like IWSTI, you can get great deals. If you're not already getting a good deal. For instance I ordered mine through IWSTI from Heuberger in Colorado for 2k off MSRP for a 2016. The Subie dealers can be real asshats.

Also, outside of an exhaust don't do anything else to the car w/o getting it properly tuned. You can buy a Cobb AccessPort used and run a stage 1 tune for a little until you can get protuned. Simple things like BOV's & CAI's can blow your engine if not tuned right or for those mods. Plus they're really not all that beneficial. Just "noise", with the CAI being debatable depending on the other mods you have.

Everyone pretty much gave you good advice, but what about the finances? How or who are you ordering the car from/through? If you search the forums like IWSTI, you can get great deals. If you're not already getting a good deal. For instance I ordered mine through IWSTI from Heuberger in Colorado for 2k off MSRP for a 2016. The Subie dealers can be real asshats.

Also, outside of an exhaust don't do anything else to the car w/o getting it properly tuned. You can buy a Cobb AccessPort used and run a stage 1 tune for a little until you can get protuned. Simple things like BOV's & CAI's can blow your engine if not tuned right or for those mods. Plus they're really not all that beneficial. Just "noise", with the CAI being debatable depending on the other mods you have.
Here's my long story short bro. I can't afford a finance right now. I don't have the money down especially when I have to replace the hvac in my house come spring. My plan is to lease it out for 3 years and then finance the buyout. It's hella cheaper this way. I was gonna do it with my SI I have now.

Here was the numbers.
3k down. 460ish a month for a used 2015
2k down. 420 a month for a 2016 straight from the factory
Aiming for 3k down though. Will put me at about 405 I think

All jokes aside though, I have to applaud WCIS for getting his Subie knowledge down. When I got my tC and Si I researched the crap out of it, but not to that extent. :lol:

FA20 rods really fail like that? Damn its been a while since i visited the forums for my car
I only know of 2-3 FA20's blowing due to bad tuning, owners, or lugging their engines. My tuner told me one reason for thrown rods is excessive torque from tuning.

Here's my long story short bro. I can't afford a finance right now. I don't have the money down especially when I have to replace the hvac in my house come spring. My plan is to lease it out for 3 years and then finance the buyout. It's hella cheaper this way. I was gonna do it with my SI I have now.

Here was the numbers.
I would still hit up the forums and just inquiry what offers they might have. January at Heuberger is official. I meant to say 2k off invoice*

Here was the numbers.
I bet the only thing "cheaper" is the monthly payments by going that route. You're going to be paying more in the long run. You'll be paying interest on the lease (money factor) then interest on the buyout. Lease buyout interest rates are higher than buying used and used rates are higher than buying new.

Removed the third brake light inside my Subaru BRZ today and installed a new high mount, red led strip brake light. No idea how to take a picture of it, since I have to hit the brakes to make it light up :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
Clean bro! I love regular cab, short box, full size trucks. I've got a lightning, I've had 2 Sierra's, next on my list to own is a Ram like yours, hopefully a SRT10 one day. Any plans for it? I think you said you got the hemi right? If it was mine, I'd drop it, exhaust and headers, and roll it as is :smokin

Last edited:
Removed the third brake light inside my Subaru BRZ today and installed a new high mount, red led strip brake light. No idea how to take a picture of it, since I have to hit the brakes to make it light up :lol: :smh:

You could have put a brick on the pedal but it looks good. A lot cleaner than stock

Back
Top Bottom