\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Saw this stanced POS at school today. The pics don't truly show just how much camber dude is running in the back :smh:

Its literally like this /----\ :lol:

Last edited:
Saw this stanced POS at school today. The pics don't truly show just how much camber dude is running in the back :smh:

Its literally like this /---\
I just don't get it. They look like they handle like **** but I guess it's all about form. How often do these stanced folk have to replace tires?

I just don't get it. They look like they handle like **** but I guess it's all about form. How often do these stanced folk have to replace tires?
Its gotta handle like ****. Probably only had like 4 inches of actual rear tire touching pavement :lol: . Combine that with low profile tires.... yea I'm sure it rides and handles like ****. I'd assume they turn around the tires, so you'd wear out both edges at least, but I'm sure they go through tires FAST!

I'm all for going low (I've owned several slammed vehicles, although I've kinda shifted towards performance oriented vehicles in recent years) but if you have to run a ridiculous amount of camber to tuck the wheels.... you're doing it wrong, IMO.

Last edited:
Its gotta handle like ****. Probably only had like 4 inches of actual rear tire touching pavement :lol: . Combine that with low profile tires.... yea I'm sure it rides and handles like ****. I'd assume they turn around the tires, so you'd wear out both edges at least, but I'm sure they go through tires FAST!

I'm all for going low (I've owned several slammed vehicles, although I've kinda shifted towards performance oriented vehicles in recent years) but if you have to run a ridiculous amount of camber to tuck the wheels.... you're doing it wrong, IMO.
Me hats it called when cars have camber the other way?

I really wish I had a pic for example I'll try to find it again. But it looked cool on muscle cars (not slammed )

Me hats it called when cars have camber the other way?

I really wish I had a pic for example I'll try to find it again. But it looked cool on muscle cars (not slammed )
It's still called camber. It's either positive (my old Caddy is a good example, I had extended A-arms, so when it was locked up in the front, the tires were basically straight up, but laid out, they had some positive camber)

or negative, like the car I previously posted

Last edited:
All the slammed talk got me reminiscing my first car. 1999 civic ex auto that I had plans to swap to manual but ended up not. Dude before me butchered it with cheap mods and welded high sitting spoiler... And he had it lowered but all they did was cut the springs. Everytime I hit a bump I felt like I broke my tailbone lol

Thing was a champ tho. I remember I blew through a puddle that was completely blended into the road. Car immediately started running horrible. I made it home turned it off and left the hood open. Next day I try to drive to school and it breaks down. Didn't wanna turn over. Got it to a friends house who was a mechanic and tried turning it over and it blew white smoke. I thought it was done and I hydro locked my engine. But my friend replaced the distributor cap, spark plugs, an oil change, and the thing ran brand new.

Saw this stanced POS at school today. The pics don't truly show just how much camber dude is running in the back
mean.gif

Its literally like this /----\
laugh.gif
What he is attempting is called VIP, its actually a HUGE thing in Japan. Those LS400s are one of the go to choices for it. I love low and slammed with stretch if its on the right car and done right, not a fan of crazy camber though.

Its literally like this /----\ :lol:

What he is attempting is called VIP, its actually a HUGE thing in Japan. Those LS400s are one of the go to choices for it. I love low and slammed with stretch if its on the right car and done right, not a fan of crazy camber though.
Vip? I've heard of that

What's the difference?

I dislike pretty much any form over function mod on a performance vehicle.

Stretched tires, tires way too wide for the wheel make me SMH every time.

Last edited:
I know, it's a thing here too, although not as big. We have all sorts of weirdo VIP cars here, since cars only have to be 15 years old to be imported here in Canada. Stuff you've probably never heard of, Toyota Aristo's, Toyota Century's, Toyota Crown's, Toyota Celsior, Nissan President, Nissan Cima, etc. Like you, I think they're kinda cool if they're slammed on some nice wheels. But the excessive camber I just can't get into, I'd rather the car be slammed and tucking wheels with the proper offset and width, so excessive camber isn't required to tuck em.

Last edited:
Vip? I've heard of that

What's the difference?
VIP style is basically slammed big body Japanese rides. Usually sedans. The cars will be on the widest wheels, with the most dish, they can possibly fit. Unfortunately, in order to tuck these wheels, a lot of VIP rides will also run a lot of camber. The wheels are usually big, flashy, full faced joints too (no skinny 5 spokes for example). They'll also have luxury things like wood grain and blinds on the windows in the interiors, etc.

Last edited:
Vip? I've heard of that

What's the difference?
I read about it a few years back. It seemed to be all about slamming big sedans without the use of airbags. Lexus LS, Infiniti Q's, Mercedes S, etc. I actually liked the idea when I first heard about it. They looked good. I guess it caught on with the ricers and they murdered it and called it stance.

Stretched tires grip better though
Huh?!

Back
Top Bottom