\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

i shared my SRT8, i guess i should post my daily driver too. it's an all SRT garage at the moment.

2008 Caliber SRT4

not a lot of mods on this one since the Charger SRT8 is the focus as the fun car.

- Realtune MS1kv2 tune

- Bwoody check valve

- K & N round filter and modified air box

- 18x9.5 rear and 18x8.5 front MB Battle wheels (wheels are staggered but tires are same size all around. it's just to have more offset to look concave in the rear.)

- 245/45/18 falken snow tires for the winter, 245/40/18 Michelin Supersports for the summer.

Last edited:
Man I was just in a dudes private garage that was INSANE. 4000 Sq ft, lounge area, 15+ insane cars. He had a numbers matching 69 camaro z28 in Barrett Jackson condition, a 67 corvette 427 numbers matching same condition, a 1986 911 turbo with ******* 9k original miles on it 100% original and showroom condition, 67 Nova SS, etc etc. ****** amazing.
We needs pics of this!

Man I was just in a dudes private garage that was INSANE. 4000 Sq ft, lounge area, 15+ insane cars. He had a numbers matching 69 camaro z28 in Barrett Jackson condition, a 67 corvette 427 numbers matching same condition, a 1986 911 turbo with ******* 9k original miles on it 100% original and showroom condition, 67 Nova SS, etc etc. ****** amazing.
Sounds amazing.

I personally wouldn't touch your stock ride-height.
You'd be in the minority there, they're ridiculously high in the back stock IMO

2004_ford_f-150_regular-cab-pickup_svt-lightning_fq_oem_2_300.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my long story short bro. I can't afford a finance right now. I don't have the money down especially when I have to replace the hvac in my house come spring. My plan is to lease it out for 3 years and then finance the buyout. It's hella cheaper this way. I was gonna do it with my SI I have now.

Here was the numbers.
3k down. 460ish a month for a used 2015
2k down. 420 a month for a 2016 straight from the factory
Aiming for 3k down though. Will put me at about 405 I think
The monthly will be cheaper which i know sounds appealing right now, but i say you should buy it. I know from experience, im regretting leasing my car. Leased it for 3 years, now i bought it out and had to take like a 5% interest rate and tacked on another 6 years of payments.

So ill be paying for this car for 9 years...im 4 years in and couldve had a year or 2 left on the financing by now. I was 19 when i made this mistake. If you cant afford to finance id recommend not getting it at all.

Get a beater and stack

Last edited:
I am just not a fan of low trucks at all.
Doesn't mean the next man won't like it, though.

Most definitely in the minority.
well.. here is the thing. if you like the look of a truck but like your rides to be low and handle, why not? there are plenty of trucks out there that can hold their own in the corners. the Toyota Tacoma Xrunner was famous for having better handling numbers than a stock 350z.

for about 10 years there the only RWD v8 american vehicles you could buy before the return of the modern muscle cars were trucks.

i used to have a 2 Dakota 5.9R/T's. they were low with a big torque monster motors. i used to do donuts and slide the rear end everywhere with those things and they were a blast to drive.

Last edited:
Word. Even if you just want the cheaper payment now youll still be kicking yourself later. I kind of want to off my car on the low because of it

Yea I honestly don't like to be too low in general.

Anything lower than stock height on a truck is too low to me.
But that's just me of course.
here is one of the Dakota R/T's i sold about 3 years ago. would you consider it too low? this was when it was at factory ride height with the suspension untouched. (it was later dropped 2 inches in front and 3 in the rear.)

Last edited:
Clean bro! I love regular cab, short box, full size trucks. I've got a lightning, I've had 2 Sierra's, next on my list to own is a Ram like yours, hopefully a SRT10 one day. Any plans for it? I think you said you got the hemi right? If it was mine, I'd drop it, exhaust and headers, and roll it as is :smokin

Thanks, man, and yea it has the hemi. To be honest I'll probably keep it like it is. I'm pretty happy with the ride height. I'm not huge on lifted trucks, but I do like being higher off of the ground than a regular car. For a while at least I'll probably keep it like it is and not do anything that's going to void the warranty lol. I'm just happy to even have the thing for now.

You could have put a brick on the pedal but it looks good. A lot cleaner than stock

This guy hand fabricates these and the quality is great. I really disliked how the stock one was, the spaceship looking brake light looked awful to me. Install was really easy as well. I'll get pics when I wash the car

Last edited:
Yea I honestly don't like to be too low in general.

Anything lower than stock height on a truck is too low to me.
But that's just me of course.
Hey fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion. Lifted trucks, slammed trucks, I like em all. Still haven't had a big lifted truck yet outta the 17 vehicles I've owned, one day!

We needs pics of this!
i saved a couple of my snapchats to my phone 
laugh.gif

The red mustang you can see with the hood up, is ALL original with 5,800 miles on it. Everything original but the tires (and he actually has the original 50+ year old ones still)

the original owner of it went to Vietnam and never came back, his parents held on to the car for a lot of years but never drove it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom