\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

i mean like the m3 came first tho they only changed it to m4 because they wanted to seperate the coupes and sedans etc etc

not trying to draw this out tho cuz i really dont care but its just one of those random thoughts u wake up with :lol:

This was your first thought of the day?  And you woke up at Noon?  plz get your life together fam 

i woke up a while ago but i have the chance to post about it now :lol:

Copied from the brz forum not sure if it applies to all Michelin tires but it works for people with a brz or frs

Mods please move or delete as needed if this been covered well already.
I case you did not know your stock Primacy HP tires have a 35,000 mile warranty form Michelin.
If you have worn your tires down to the wear bars before the 35,000 miles you can get new tires at a significant discount.

How this worked for me:
Tire sucked and were down to the bars by 11,000 miles.

Took car to sears automotive because they are authorized dealer for the frenchies (Michelin is a French company).Had sears automotive call in warranty of tires to Michelin at 1-866-866-6605.

Told them I would like to substitute PSS for Primacy HP Michelin was fine with this as PSS were less money.Michelin warrantied my tires and said I only had to pay 23% of a new set of PSS.

I asked Sears to order 245/40/17 PSS to go on the rims I just ordered they were on sale and I ended up paying about $230 including tax for a complete set of PSS.

I made sure all my tires were down to the wear bars before I went in and it took some time at Sears but I saved about $550.
[/quote]

Hmm I have Michelin primacy's on my accord also. May have to use this method if they wear out before the warranted number of miles.

Copied from the brz forum not sure if it applies to all Michelin tires but it works for people with a brz or frs

Mods please move or delete as needed if this been covered well already.
I case you did not know your stock Primacy HP tires have a 35,000 mile warranty form Michelin.
If you have worn your tires down to the wear bars before the 35,000 miles you can get new tires at a significant discount.

How this worked for me:
Tire sucked and were down to the bars by 11,000 miles.

Took car to sears automotive because they are authorized dealer for the frenchies (Michelin is a French company).Had sears automotive call in warranty of tires to Michelin at 1-866-866-6605.

Told them I would like to substitute PSS for Primacy HP Michelin was fine with this as PSS were less money.Michelin warrantied my tires and said I only had to pay 23% of a new set of PSS.

I asked Sears to order 245/40/17 PSS to go on the rims I just ordered they were on sale and I ended up paying about $230 including tax for a complete set of PSS.

I made sure all my tires were down to the wear bars before I went in and it took some time at Sears but I saved about $550.

Hmm I have Michelin primacy's on my accord also. May have to use this method if they wear out before the warranted number of miles.[/quote]

If they are worn its worth a shot. People on the fourm were talking about doing burnouts and stuff to wear them out faster but i wouldnt go that far.

lol yea as much as i love the car it attracts some interesting owners. Not sure what that says about me but hey what can you do

Hmm I have Michelin primacy's on my accord also. May have to use this method if they wear out before the warranted number of miles.

If they are worn its worth a shot. People on the fourm were talking about doing burnouts and stuff to wear them out faster but i wouldnt go that far.[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

would not put an m3 badge on the coupe if they renamed it the WaitWut

///W4itwut.

What is a great commuter/gas saver with a a good after market to have a little fun with? I was thinking of looking at the Audi B5 A4, only because I think that body style is timeless and the 1.8t seems to be pretty gas efficient. But for a daily gas saver, I want to avoid that possible cost of maintenance.

Our fleet now is an 09 A6 and 11 Ridgeline. Looking for a nice fuel efficient car. Preferably in manual.

Im going to be in the market for something along these lines also but i am looking for more of a "tuner car" that I couldn't afford when they were "popular" but now are cheap and i wouldnt mind fixing when stupid things break.

My list DONT LAUGH too hard :wow:

SRT-4
Mazda speed 6
old Speed 3
vw gti/ gli
older Audi a4

Things along these lines just to keep relatively stock and last as a daily for another 2 years while i pay off the brz then i will lease something cheap to drive around town and back and forth to work

I'm a huge fan of the first gen MS3 and MKV+ GTis. Very practical too.

Last edited:
i mean like the m3 came first tho they only changed it to m4 because they wanted to seperate the coupes and sedans etc etc

not trying to draw this out tho cuz i really dont care but its just one of those random thoughts u wake up with :lol:

:lol: I just wanted to make fun but i understand what you mean. BMW def got a lot flack from traditionalists when it came out that they wanted to make the m3 coupe a m4 but I wouldn't rebadge a m4 to a m3 tho.

Who wants to school a 20 year old college student buying a car from a dealership

Have a nice down payment ready already decided I'd rather carry a note then pay cash for something older that's probably gonna have issues

Have do you go about negotiating? And what should I know about interest rates to my knowledge the higher the down payment the lower the interest? And do I need to spring for a extended warranty?

Who wants to school a 20 year old college student buying a car from a dealership

Have a nice down payment ready already decided I'd rather carry a note then pay cash for something older that's probably gonna have issues

Have do you go about negotiating? And what should I know about interest rates to my knowledge the higher the down payment the lower the interest? And do I need to spring for a extended warranty?

This is a loaded question but i will answer what I can.

Negotiating

You need to know what the car you are buying is really worth. Do some research KBB/True car/ online searches etc.

Once you know what its worth you decide what you want to pay for it. Some people will say "ohh i will never pay asking price for any car idc" but it really depends on the car and if the dealer is going to have issues moving the car. If they have a car everyone wants they wont budge on the price but if its a car thats sitting they will be willing to make a deal to move the car.

Dont be afraid to tell them your highest offer and walk away if they dont agree.

Interest rate

Depends on your credit history, score and other factors. I dont think a larger down payment will affect it too much to be honest but im sure one of the guys that work at the dealerships can chime in here.

Extended warranty

This depends on the car and how long u plan on keeping it. If you are going to change in 3-5 years i would stick with the manufactures warranty but if you plan on keeping it and not modding the car (will void the warranty) then maybe its something you want to consider.

2 diff cars lol

Page 2 has the Acura rims and badges but all the other pics everything is Honda

Also the Honda is RHD the Acura is LHD

Last edited:
IMG_0541.0.jpg

IMG_0507.0.jpg

IMG_0457.0.jpg

IMG_0490.0.0.jpg

IMG_0518.0.jpg

IMG_0463.0.jpg

Last edited:
///W4itwut.
I'm a huge fan of the first gen MS3 and MKV+ GTis. Very practical too.
ive said in here before, the GTI is perfectly balanced for performance and practicality

very happy with my stage 1 tuned Mk6 and Michelin PSS. Plus people should find deep discounts with VW dealing with their scandal

Back
Top Bottom