\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

^ I say just use that money towards BRZ mods :evil:

Any reason why you don't want to drive it that much? I plan on building mine up, and driving the hell out of it :lol:

Last edited:
^ I say just use that money towards BRZ mods :evil:

Any reason why you don't want to drive it that much? I plan on building mine up, and driving the hell out of it :lol:

Thats why i want something cheap to be honest. More parts for the brz. I work in mahattan and the roads /traffic/ and parking in manhattan are all too bad for me to daily the car on a regular basis. My girl and I have been commuting for the past 2 years together and she has a sentra so we have been using that but she just got a new job so im going to need to pick something up soon.

Im going to be in the market for something along these lines also but i am looking for more of a "tuner car" that I couldn't afford when they were "popular" but now are cheap and i wouldnt mind fixing when stupid things break.

My list DONT LAUGH too hard :wow:

SRT-4
Mazda speed 6
old Speed 3
vw gti/ gli
older Audi a4

Things along these lines just to keep relatively stock and last as a daily for another 2 years while i pay off the brz then i will lease something cheap to drive around town and back and forth to work

Not a bad list. I am not too focused on performance since I am looking for fuel efficiency. I would like some decent passing speeds on the highway and if possible a tuneable vehicle like the 1.8t A4. If i go that route I may have to just shell out more for a well maintained b5.

Im going to be in the market for something along these lines also but i am looking for more of a "tuner car" that I couldn't afford when they were "popular" but now are cheap and i wouldnt mind fixing when stupid things break.

My list DONT LAUGH too hard :wow:

SRT-4
Mazda speed 6
old Speed 3
vw gti/ gli
older Audi a4

Things along these lines just to keep relatively stock and last as a daily for another 2 years while i pay off the brz then i will lease something cheap to drive around town and back and forth to work

Not a bad list. I am not too focused on performance since I am looking for fuel efficiency. I would like some decent passing speeds on the highway and if possible a tuneable vehicle like the 1.8t A4. If i go that route I may have to just shell out more for a well maintained b5.

The audi is a great choice they are really great cars and the aged so well. Reach out to @CoolGrayMemo he has had a couple now so he might be able to give you good advice.

I think im going to end up getting the speed 6

AWD for the winter seasons
turbo 4 cylinder for the hot pocket fan boy in me
looks boring so I wont have too many ricers trying to race me in traffic
Motors are pretty reliable unless you go big boost

The audi is a great choice they are really great cars and the aged so well. Reach out to @CoolGrayMemo he has had a couple now so he might be able to give you good advice.

I think im going to end up getting the speed 6

AWD for the winter seasons
turbo 4 cylinder for the hot pocket fan boy in me
looks boring so I wont have too many ricers trying to race me in traffic
Motors are pretty reliable unless you go big boost

I really like the Speed 6 as well but it is out of my price range atm. Yea I believe CoolGrayMemo has that A4 Avant Silver?

@CoolGrayMemo what are somethings you look for when looking at the B5s? I do want the 1.8t because it is more gas efficient than the N/A 6. I wish the 6 had as good MPG, it would of been a no brainer.

Thats why i want something cheap to be honest. More parts for the brz. I work in mahattan and the roads /traffic/ and parking in manhattan are all too bad for me to daily the car on a regular basis. My girl and I have been commuting for the past 2 years together and she has a sentra so we have been using that but she just got a new job so im going to need to pick something up soon.

I see.

I have been lurking over at ft86club and it seems the Jackson racing supercharger is the most reliable kit. There has literally been zero issues reported with it. There's a thread that has every kit listed and lists how many issues the people on the forum have reported. It's $5k though :nerd:
I kind of wish I didn't buy my bolt on's and just saved a couple grand more for the kit, but it's whatever. The parts I have now can be used with any kit, and would just help make more power :evil:. I'm getting all my parts and tune installed on Monday, 35whp, torque dip should be gone. I'm using the invidia q300 exhaust, and have been told by the shop getting a catted front pipe won't make a noticeable power difference, so I'm getting that as well. I want my car to be as quiet as possible

Last edited:

I see.

I have been lurking over at ft86club and it seems the Jackson racing supercharger is the most reliable kit. There has literally been zero issues reported with it. There's a thread that has every kit listed and lists how many issues the people on the forum have reported. It's $5k though :nerd:
I kind of wish I didn't buy my bolt on's and just saved a couple grand more for the kit, but it's whatever. The parts I have now can be used with any kit, and would just help make more power :evil:. I'm getting all my parts and tune installed on Monday, 35whp, torque dip should be gone. I'm using the invidia q300 exhaust, and have been told by the shop getting a catted front pipe won't make a noticeable power difference, so I'm getting that as well. I want my car to be as quiet as possible

I have the q300 also but im waiting to get my headers before i go under the car so i cam do it all at once.

The Jackson is by far the most praised kit. The Kraftwerks makes more power but people are breaking belts way too often for me.

I think im going to go with the edelbrock one that just came out a couple weeks ago but im waiting for some short-long term reviews before i pull the trigger. A lot of the early kits that came out are now putting out the new versions because they had issues in the beginning so its good that you are just in the buying process. People who made mistakes in their choices and had to buy another kit or ended up giving up on the platform.

Last edited:
(make da wheels black!) :nerd:

Wheels are currently being made as we speak. Installed the BMW performance alcantara steering wheel last night (w the screen on it too!), and a full Meistershcaft GTC exhaust with catless AMS downpipes. My bro makes moves quick. Sounds so tough, makes my porsche sound like crap.

https://vid.me/8I7p

Do yourselves a favor and listen to that twin turbo V8^^

Bonus is the new shift lights on the steering wheel.

Last edited:
:rolleyes
What is a great commuter/gas saver with a a good after market to have a little fun with? I was thinking of looking at the Audi B5 A4, only because I think that body style is timeless and the 1.8t seems to be pretty gas efficient. But for a daily gas saver, I want to avoid that possible cost of maintenance.

Our fleet now is an 09 A6 and 11 Ridgeline. Looking for a nice fuel efficient car. Preferably in manual.

How do you like the a6 and how reliable has it been for you?

I need some good winter tires :nerd:

What kind of car you got and howuch snow do you get?
I got a camry and a 5 series, camry is the DD

I never actually copped winter tires but last winter I had a very scary drive home and it's making me reconsider

I live in NYC so idk it's hard to gauge how much snow we get it changes all the time

blizzaks are one of the popular ones...i ride wintersport M3s idk if they make those anymore. general arctics are non performance tires that are studdable and cheaper than the blizzaks or dunlops but probably have the best snow performance and value for the $.

just make sure you narrow it out a little but don't skimp out on sidewall

yeah I've seen a lot of comments about blizzaks I'm going to check it out

I am on Continental Extreme Winter Contacts this year and last, have been good for driving to the mountains here for snowboarding. Felt planted to the road and never got loose. Dry road performance was pretty solid as well, still had good handling and didn't feel super soft in the corners like some winter tires can.

I have all season continentals right now but I may just stick with this brand they be cool for me, then again I'm not a car enthusiast so as long as my tires don't skid I think they're great

Copped some Michelin PSS for the BRZ
nthat.gif
. Been trying really hard to wear out the stock Prius tires and finally achieved it at 26k miles. 

Last edited:
Copped some Michelin PSS for the BRZ :nthat: . Been trying really hard to wear out the stock Prius tires and finally achieved it at 26k miles. 

Did you use that warrenty hack to get them for cheaper? I want to do it but im only at about 4k miles so my tires arent that bad.

Costco had a sale on Michelins which ended on Sunday. Got them for 650 including tax and install/balance. The stock tires were fun though since they broke loose so easily but these are so much grippier.

Costco had a sale on Michelins which ended on Sunday. Got them for 650 including tax and install/balance. The stock tires were fun though since they broke loose so easily but these are so much grippier.

dam i need new tires too :lol:

that feel when the front tire has no grip and you almost understeer to death :lol:

Stock tires are garbage. I hate them
I always see the traction light blinking :smh:

I have an extra set of OEM wheels on Bridgestone RE-71R's, which looking at the reviews, happen to be the stickiest and best performance tires. Cant wait for next year to use them

I also can't wait until I wear out the stock tires to replace them :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom