Police Kill Unarmed Teen In Ferguson, Missouri

I view this as a sad day in America, and hopefully a wake up call to not only African Americans, but to all people of color. What we've witnessed here is a severe breach in protocol, countless inaccuracies, and the joke that is the "justice" system. How could one possible feel comfortable in a country where the people we pay tax dollars to, the people we've been taught to rely on to protect us and always do the right thing, the people responsible to ensure justice is served to all who do wrong isn't doing what they're supposed to do? Who punishes those people? Where are the system of checks and balances to make sure that they don't become too powerful? There still hasn't been a clear picture painted in this case. However, one thing is clear. There was no need for lethal force. At all. The wounds that the officer sustained is no where near the level to make it a "justifiable homicide". Let's just reflect on that for a second. What exactly is a " justifiable homicide"? It's defined as "a killing without evil or criminal intent, for which there can be no blame, such as self-defense to protect oneself or to protect another, or the shooting by a law enforcement officer in fulfilling his/her duties." The last line resonates with the current situation. " the shooting by a law enforcement officer in fulfilling his/her duties". Meaning, that even if Wilson was wrong for shooting Brown, there's little to no room to convict him criminally due to it being deemed in the line of duty, which makes it a "justifiable homicide". In other words, if I cop shoots you in the line of duty, whether they're right or wrong, or if the act of them using deadly force isn't ..."justifiable".....they will get off on the technicality because it happened during the line of duty. That's why the city knew there wouldn't be an indictment, because he did nothing against the law. Hopefully, this will spark a change into the way police hire their cops, the way they handle the use of deadly force, a policy that requires the use of every officer to wear a camera, more policies that promotes more transparency when it comes to cases such as this one, and reporting the use of deadly force(There's still no details on why Wilson used force on Brown btw. It's require by law for the officer to report, yet no details have been given other than the date, the officers name, and the fact that he killed Brown.). For all of those who aren't of color that are in this thread, it might be hard to relate. As a black man, it's challenging to rely on a justice system thats extremely biased to people of color. For example, In recent years, there have been numerous shootings of UNARMED black men, and little to no discipline for those who've pulled the trigger. The Oscar Grant incident to this day, is the biggest black eye for law enforcement and the black population. He was restrained and shot in the back. The officer who did it( it happened in 2009) is already a free man. He was released more than 3 years ago....Let that marinate. He KILLED someone when it obviously didn't require deadly force, and he's already a free man. He's also trying to get the charge appealed so he can go back to being a police officer, which is utterly disgusting. In short, the way this country's "justice" system treats people of color and those with little wealth is ridiculous. The Jim Irsay situation makes me sick every time I think about it. You have a guy with numerous schedule 4 drugs( possession alone is a felony), almost 30k in cash and he's failed every single sobriety test he was given, and the guy gets off with just "probation"?!? I don't even want to bring up the "affluenza" case because that's even worse. All in all, the "justice" system isn't what it's made out to be. Either serious change needs to occur, or things will only get worse.
I wanna read this
But can u break it up into a few paragraphs

Micheal Jordan and Microsoft aint have nothing to do with this case.

Boycotting random *** companies aint gonna do anything. Especially, black owned companies.

My goal in life now, is to leave the country. Go back to school, get a degree and get a job in another country.

White folks running around scared, black folks dont know how to act, retaliate and/or recovery from social injustice. This **** is ****** from both sides.

this pic is so chilling..

10806201_10152545616628182_8274324848530567470_n.jpg

[QUOTE name="aNYone" url="[URL]http://niketalk.com/t/603342/police-kill-unarmed-teen-in-ferguson-missouri/9870#post_22064317[/URL]"]

[QUOTE name="Fontaine" url="[URL]http://niketalk.com/t/603342/police-kill-unarmed-teen-in-ferguson-missouri/9840#post_22064050[/URL]"]
Darren Wilson is 6'4" ??!!

Wee-bey gif
Wasnt dude originally like 5'11

or am i buggin

Initial reports said he was 5'10 if I remember correctly.

[/QUOTE]
How dude go from a highschool point guard to red zone receiver :x  
[/quote]

that there summer time growth spurt. puberty ftw.

We've made progress in this country but when it comes down to it these people still don't give a damn about black life. Whether it's a cop or a fake neighborhood watch toy cop, they can kill young black men and it's all good in this country. I'm not mad at them for rioting either. Holding hands and marching don't do ****, we been doing that forever and they still killing us. Those people in Ferguson should do whatever they feel is necessary.

Lmao it's the same concept and he went thru trial...stop with the false anger

Go to the Chi and try to protest there where black on black crime is second nature

Man sit down with that BS. It's always some dude standing up saying "well what about black on black crime?" to try take the focus off of the topic.

We've made progress in this country but when it comes down to it these people still don't give a damn about black life. Whether it's a cop or a fake neighborhood watch toy cop, they can kill young black men and it's all good in this country. I'm not mad at them for rioting either. Holding hands and marching don't do ****, we been doing that forever and they still killing us. Those people in Ferguson should do whatever they feel is necessary.
Man sit down with that BS. It's always some dude standing up saying "well what about black on black crime?" to try take the focus off of the topic.
exactly we just need to focus on voting the crooked people out and voting in people who will bring in fairness and equality and creating group economics..period..

The thing about black on black crime that is always a stupid argument in times like this is the fact they aren't killing each other for racial reasons. It's money, drugs, power, respect, etc. Has nothing to do with the color of each others skin. Color of their flags perhaps, but not their skin.

Look man unless we're really about to step up and make change then all we gonna do is sit here and argue back and forth about what's right. How about we all agree that it's gonna take more than anger and outrage to make change, and actually look at how we can make effect, economically or politcally. IMO it all comes down to money theres no morals in this good ol USA.

The thing about black on black crime that is always a stupid argument in times like this is the fact they aren't killing each other for racial reasons. It's money, drugs, power, respect, etc. Has nothing to do with the color of each others skin. Color of their flags perhaps, but not their skin.
But I know my Mexicans kill each other, I know Asians kill each other (word to Asian Boyz gang in L.A.), I know whites kill whites.

Black on black crime is NOT real.

And you don't think those reasons are dumber?

THE INITIAL CONFRONTATION . . .

I see them walking down the middle of the street. And first thing that struck me was they’re walking in the middle of the street. I had already seen a couple cars trying to pass, but they couldn’t have traffic normal because they were in the middle, so one had to stop to let the car go around and then another car would come. And the next thing I noticed was the size of the individuals because either the first one was really small or the second one was really big.

And just for the conversation, I didn’t know this then, but the first one’s name was Dorian Johnson, the second one was Michael Brown. That was discovered, I think, the following day is when I learned the names. I had never seen them before. . .

He then grabs my door again and shuts my door. At that time is when I saw him coming into my vehicle. His head was higher than the top of my car. And I see him ducking and as he is ducking, his hands are up and he is coming in my vehicle.

I had shielded myself in this type of manner and kind of locked away, so I don’t remember seeing him come at me, but I was hit right in the side of the face with a fist. I don’t think it was a full-on swing, I think it was a full-on swing, but not a full shot. I think my arm deflected some of it, but there was still a significant amount of contact that was made to my face.. . .

And he said, “Hey man, hold these.” And at that point I tried to hold his right arm because it was like this at my car. This is my car window. I tried to hold his right arm and use my left hand to get out to have some type of control and not be trapped in my car any more. And when I grabbed him, the only way I can describe it is I felt like a five-year-old holding onto Hulk Hogan.

Prosecutor: Holding onto a what?

Hulk Hogan, that’s just how big he felt and how small I felt just from grasping his arm. . .

Prosecutor: And it was your opinion that you needed to pull out your weapon because why did you feel that way, I don't want to put words in your mouth?

I felt that another one of those punches in my face could knock me out or worse. I mean it was, he’s obviously bigger than I was and stronger and the, I’ve already taken two to the face I didn’t think I would, the third one could be fatal if he hit me right.

On the Shooting in the car:

He grabs my gun, says, “You are too much of a ***** to shoot me.” The gun goes down into my hip and at that point I thought I was getting shot. I can feel his fingers try to get inside the trigger guard with my finger and I distinctly remember envisioning a bullet going into my leg. I thought that was the next step. . .

Like I said, I was just so focused on getting the gun out of me. When I did get it up to this point, he is still holding onto it and I pulled the trigger and nothing happens, it just clicked. I pull it again, it just clicked again.

At this point I’m like why isn’t this working, this guy is going to kill me if he gets ahold of this gun. I pulled it a third time, it goes off. When it went off, it shot through my door panel and my window was down and glass flew out of my door panel. I think that kind of startled him and me at the same time. . .

The only way I can describe it, it looks like a demon, that’s how angry he looked. He comes back towards me again with his hands up.

When I look up after that, I see him start to run and I see a cloud of dust behind him. I then get out of my car. As I’m getting out of the car I tell dispatch, “shots fired, send me more cars.”

We start running, kind of the same direction that Johnson had pointed. Across the street like a diagonal towards this, kind of like where the parking lot came in for Copper Creek Court and Canfield, right at that intersection. And there is a light pole right there, I remember him running towards the light pole.

The MURDER:

So when he stopped, I stopped. And then he starts to turn around, I tell him to get on the ground, get on the ground.

He turns, and when he looked at me, he made like a grunting, like aggravated sound and he starts, he turns and he’s coming back towards me. His first step is coming towards me, he kind of does like a stutter step to start running. When he does that, his left hand goes in a fist and goes to his side, his right one goes under his shirt in his waistband and he starts running at me.

At this point it looked like he was almost bulking up to run through the shots, like it was making him mad that I’m shooting at him.

And the face that he had was looking straight through me, like I wasn’t even there, I wasn’t even anything in his way.

And when he gets about that 8 to 10 feet away, I look down, I remember looking at my sites and firing, all I see is his head and that’s what I shot.

I don’t know how many, I know at least once because I saw the last one go into him. And then when it went into him, the demeanor on his face went blank, the aggression was gone, it was gone, I mean I knew he stopped, the threat was stopped.

It's mind blowing how rehearsed and full of **** this is

Look man unless we're really about to step up and make change then all we gonna do is sit here and argue back and forth about what's right. How about we all agree that it's gonna take more than anger and outrage to make change, and actually look at how we can make effect, economically or politcally. IMO it all comes down to money theres no morals in this good ol USA.
What do you expect?

Infrareds drop Friday...god forbid a minority misses out on that release.

It's like this....black and browns want change, they are presented with entrance to that change; however, the caveat, we can change the rules as we see fit....Boom, black and brown are back in the street scratching their heads.

Cops go around killing lil kids out of "fear" and you expect a community to turn the other cheek and ponder change?

Don't know where I got this from, it may have been NT, but it's been saved in my phone for a while now.

As a black man, I can tell you the best thing you can do is regard things with calm,

cold rationality and do not let emotions cloud your judgement. 

There seems to be little consequences to killing a young black man in this country, unless the perpetrator is also black. There have been cases where this isn't true but it may as well be written in stone that it's okay to kill us. I'm not sure how, but this has to change. And I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but staying in on Black Friday won't do it. Tens of billions are spent on that day. A few hundred or thousand of us not shopping won't hurt that number.

The things Giuliani and others have been saying are sickening. And they give no second thought to saying them because they know nothing will happen. They will remain in power or they will keep their jobs on tv. We have to get these people out of power and off our televisions.

The killing of Mike Brown was not necessary or justifiable. The testimony that cop gave seemed to give Mike Brown powers than no man on this earth possess. How can 12 people come to the conclusion that after being shot nearly a half dozen times, Mike Brown was still a threat and the only thing the cop could do was to shoot him two more times in the head? 

A CNN reporter said that the prosecutor "handled the cop with kid gloves." Why? This guy killed a man and was a cop. He should be able to handle an attorney if he knows what he did was within the law. The attorney didn't treat him as a hostile witness because he did not want this man to be prosecuted. No official in this case wanted this cop to go to trial. 

Last edited:

And you don't think those reasons are dumber?

I'm not saying their reason is ok, what I'm saying is the crime isn't racially motivated. Those things I named are also some of the leading causes of the wars in the past. Power. Money. Respect. Status. Things that can changes hands through the course of fighting. If me and you fight over our races, when we're done fighting, I'll still be black. Nothing will change that. The hate will still be there. Fighting for the other things are less personal attacks. Senseless violence is senseless violence, but at least with those other reasons, there's some understanding behind them. Racial wars and Religious wars benefit nobody.

The fact that you brought up OJ and black on black crime makes everything else you say in here irrelevant. You came in on some "lmao what about this and that" you already showed your hand, you can bounce.

How much progress have we really made? I keep telling folks that the civil rights era was in the 60's. There was a point in time where your parents(if they're of color) couldn't get drinks or be served at various places due to their skin. They were mistreated due to their skin. To this day people of color are still trying to move forward but they're being held back due to housing discrimination which is still prevalent to THIS DAY.

Don't know where I got this from, it may have been NT, but it's been saved in my phone for a while now.

As a black man, I can tell you the best thing you can do is regard things with calm,

cold rationality and do not let emotions cloud your judgement. 

There seems to be little consequences to killing a young black man in this country, unless the perpetrator is also black. There have been cases where this isn't true but it may as well be written in stone that it's okay to kill us. I'm not sure how, but this has to change. And I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but staying in on Black Friday won't do it. Tens of billions are spent on that day. A few hundred or thousand of us not shopping won't hurt that number.

The things Giuliani and others have been saying are sickening. And they give no second thought to saying them because they know nothing will happen. They will remain in power or they will keep their jobs on tv. We have to get these people out of power and off our televisions.

The killing of Mike Brown was not necessary or justifiable. The testimony that cop gave seemed to give Mike Brown powers than no man on this earth possess. How can 12 people come to the conclusion that after being shot nearly a half dozen times, Mike Brown was still a threat and the only thing the cop could do was to shoot him two more times in the head? 

A CNN reporter said that the prosecutor "handled the cop with kid gloves." Why? This guy killed a man and was a cop. He should be able to handle an attorney if he knows what he did 

was within the law. The attorney didn't treat him as a hostile witness because he did not want this man to be prosecuted. No official in this case wanted this cop to go to trial. 
I call that cop and many cops.. GOD for that very reason alone.. Who can check them?

How much progress have we really made? I keep telling folks that the civil rights era was in the 60's. There was a point in time where your parents(if they're of color) couldn't get drinks or be served at various places due to their skin. They were mistreated due to their skin. To this day people of color are still trying to move forward but they're being held back due to housing discrimination which is still prevalent to THIS DAY.
in my opinion when there was segregation blacks had to build businesses to empower each other.. civil rights only made it okay to be accepted by the dominant society.. it didnt bring equality.. when we knew who was the enemy we fought together but now the enemy is the people who are in positions to enslave us.

Micheal Jordan and Microsoft aint have nothing to do with this case.

Boycotting random *** companies aint gonna do anything. Especially, black owned companies.

My goal in life now, is to leave the country. Go back to school, get a degree and get a job in another country.

White folks running around scared, black folks dont know how to act, retaliate and/or recovery from social injustice. This **** is ****** from both sides.
Same goal. If I had the resources, I would be gone today, nothing about this countrys current state deserves any bit of admiration

Back
Top Bottom