Please Lock.

I've thought one of those guys would (and quite possibly should) fight GGG before Canelo (and previously, Cotto) for a while now.

But it seems like Canelo/GGG has momentum now.

Last edited:
Y'all dudes are trippin' trying to discredit Golovkin's skill. His footwork is ridiculous, that's how he forces everybody to go where he wants. Cutting off the ring while wasting no energy. Every movement has a purpose.

As far as Monroe goes, Golovkin let dude hit him. He could've leveled him earlier, but y'all would have just said its because Monroe is garbage.

Golovkin will hurt Canelo then hopefully take on the winner of Jacobs/Quillin.

Some of you just want to hate Golovkin for no reason.

Last edited:
Cant believe we in here talking bout resumes lol. Ggg washes canelo if they fight next.canelo has never fought anyone where he would have to respect there power. Ggg hasnt fought any big names but don't act like he hasnt been in the ring with dangerous punchers.

Atleast ggg aint getting in the ring with guys much smaller then him lol. Even worse he couldnt put cotto down

looking fwd to watching the fight replay. 2 different poeple i know watched the exact opposite fight. one states cotto was robbed, the other states it was an easy victory for canelo and it wasnt even close.

View media item 1722622

Anybody who says Cotto got robbed is an idiot and should stop watching boxing.

Canelo/GGG is interesting.

They have sparred before so they have felt each others power. If Canelo can take his punches, it's a close fight. Canelo has trouble with boxers that have really good movement because he's not great at cutting the ring (although with Lara, he literally ran from Canelo). GGG is going to come to him, and will be there to hit.

Last edited:

Lol you just said Lemeiux has pillow hands. Maybe you should stick to the era you love since you're not really interested in this one.

looking fwd to watching the fight replay. 2 different poeple i know watched the exact opposite fight. one states cotto was robbed, the other states it was an easy victory for canelo and it wasnt even close.

View media item 1722622

Some people seem to believe if no matter what if you throw more punches rather they are effective or not you should win the round... Especially if it's no knockdown in the round...

I don't think that's should be the end all be all... Cotto was working but it was doing absolutely nothing... Of course because he was fighting the bigger guy... But hey he jumped up there...

Last edited:
Lol you just said Lemeiux has pillow hands. Maybe you should stick to the era you love since you're not really interested in this one.

Talking bout how GGG has been unimpressive to him :lol:
Kostya Tszyu Ricky Hatton type of dude.

I'm not saying he's unimpressive, but look at the opposition. We seen it before ..... I hope he proves me wrong and rains supreme.

Dudes can ko/tko bums ... Is when they step up in class, what can they do.

I don't know boxing ... GGG is the second coming.

Since we at it Klitchco GOAT heavyweight? SMH

Last edited:

Not going simply by record. Lemieux and Rubio are both legitimate punchers and while they're not exactly contenders, both are good fighters.

I'm not saying GGG has fought tier one caliber guys but when it comes to questions about his chin he doesn't need to fight a big name for us to know if his chin has been tested.

As it stands, those guys I have named are all bigger punchers than Canelo, beyond that however it's a forgone conclusion that Canelo would be the most skilled opponent GGG has ever faced.

As for Quillin, he's decent. Can do a lot of things well but doesn't really excel at anyone facet. Like I said, Haymon is protecting him and his undefeated record. Wouldn't be surprised if Jacobs wins handily.

Kostya Tszyu Ricky Hatton type of dude.

I'm not saying he's unimpressive, but look at the opposition. We seen it before ..... I hope he proves me wrong and rains supreme.

Dudes can ko/tko bums ... Is when they step up in class, what can they do.

I don't know boxing ... GGG is the second coming.

Since we at it Klitchco GOAT heavyweight? SMH

The original question was whether or not GGG's chin has been tested previously.

Regardless of whether you're familiar with his opponent's track records or not, the answer is yes. Yes he has fought and beaten bigger punchers than Canelo.

On the subject of Wladimir Klitschko, much like his brother both are legitimate HW champions and honestly I would take Vitali over Mike Tyson in their primes.

And while Lewis wasn't in his prime during their bout, Vitali was ahead on the cards when their bout was stopped due to a cut and ruled a TKO in favor of Lennox.

Wlad doesn't possess Vitali's chin but he has evolved since his KO loss to Sanders (may he RIP).

Both brothers are egregiously underrated and their lack of legitimate opposition is no fault of their own. No neither brother is the GOAT but both are great heavyweights and deserve to be seen as such.

I would of said '84, '85, '86 Tyson. Started getting sloppy after that

Really any period before Rooney was fired.

84 Tyson wasn't even a pro yet and 85 he was still very raw. 87 was the sweet spot where he had more experience and Rooney was still his trainer.

Late 88 was when Rooney was fired.

My point is that I like prime Vitali to beat any iteration of Tyson.

Last edited:
Nah. Dat jab, head movement, and footwork combo was too sharp.

Hard for me to see Tyson beating Vitali over a 12 rounder. Vitali has never been knocked down, let alone out.

I think his height, reach and piston like jab would've carried him to victory, possibly even a late KO victory.

Hard for me to see Tyson beating Vitali over a 12 rounder. Vitali has never been knocked down, let alone out.

I think his height, reach and piston like jab would've carried him to victory, possibly even a late KO victory.

I think Tyson's jab then, and the angles he took would've allowed him to get inside and work the body, frustrating and breaking Vitali down over the course of the fight to where he starts making mistakes and the combos start flying from Mike. From '87 and further on Mike would not had the mental focus to carry out a plan like that though.

Yeah people don't realize how GREAT PRIME Tyson was! He truly only lost 1 fight in his prime (Buster) even with that, didn't train hard for that fight, all the drama, drinking, sleeping with random females etc...... If the count was right (knock down) he would have won that fight also. Once we got out of jail that wasn't PRIME Tyson anymore.

Yeah people don't realize how GREAT PRIME Tyson was! He truly only lost 1 fight in his prime (Buster) even with that, didn't train hard for that fight, all the drama, drinking, sleeping with random females etc...... If the count was right (knock down) he would have won that fight also. Once we got out of jail that wasn't PRIME Tyson anymore.
Prime Tyson never beat anyone outside of tomato cans.  If he had beat at least 1 of Holyfield, Lewis, or Bowe than maybe you'd have a point

Back
Top Bottom