Please Lock.

All of those negotiations were before the move to Roc Nation (I believe). Maybe things will be different now?

They have to make that investment pay off. And that's the best fight out there for him.

Last edited:
I think Tyson's jab then, and the angles he took would've allowed him to get inside and work the body, frustrating and breaking Vitali down over the course of the fight to where he starts making mistakes and the combos start flying from Mike. From '87 and further on Mike would not had the mental focus to carry out a plan like that though.

Hard to get inside with Vitali, those that tried often found themselves at the receiving end of a stiff jab followed by a punishing straight.

Plus Vitali would likely tie Mike up and make him carry his weight over the course of the fight. Can't forget that Vitali is uber cerebral. Guy knew how to execute and adjust gameplans.

Yeah people don't realize how GREAT PRIME Tyson was! He truly only lost 1 fight in his prime (Buster) even with that, didn't train hard for that fight, all the drama, drinking, sleeping with random females etc...... If the count was right (knock down) he would have won that fight also. Once we got out of jail that wasn't PRIME Tyson anymore.

Prime Tyson was a monster, but also an incredibly raw and untested monster.

Prime Vitali is a battle-tested seasoned veteran. This is post-Byrd, Vitali. Who nearly defeated Lennox Lewis on two weeks notice, and likely would have beaten Lewis handily if he had a proper camp to prepare and had he not been cut forcing a stoppage.

Thing is, had Tyson never fired Rooney. Had the whole Givens incident not happened. Had Tyson not allowed those and other elements to derail his career we might have seen him reach his full potential in his mid to late 20s.

Rooney was an extension of Cus, w/o him Tyson had no proper direction.

But at the same time I highly doubt that Tyson at age 20-22 would have the experience to defeat prime Vitali who had much more experience.

Hard for me to see Tyson beating Vitali over a 12 rounder. Vitali has never been knocked down, let alone out.

I think his height, reach and piston like jab would've carried him to victory, possibly even a late KO victory.
Again .. product of this era ... Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis, Bowe, Even George .. I don't take nothing away but again ... When you have no competition is hard to Gage how great a boxer really is.

PS .. when I was making my comments about GGG .. they didn't have anything to do with Canelo ... I meant as a boxing fan. It's hard to get exited about a boxer that people are either ducking or is not fighting equal talent. I said he only fought pillow hands fighters I meant what I said. I don't take stock in this inflated KO stats his opponents that haven't fought anyone themselves ...

Last edited:
Again .. product of this era ... Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis, Bowe, Even George .. I don't take nothing away but again ... When you have no competition is hard to Gage how great a boxer really is.

PS .. when I was making my comments about GGG .. they didn't have anything to do with Canelo ... I meant as a boxing fan. It's hard to get exited about a boxer that people are either ducking or is not fighting equal talent. I said he only fought pillow hands fighters I meant what I said. I don't take stock in this inflated KO stats his opponents that haven't fought anyone themselves ...

Oh please, put Bowe's and Tyson's opponents next to the Klits and the difference in competition isn't nearly as pronounced as people want it to be.

Bowe beat Thomas, Tubbs, Seldon, the Foul Pole and a couple other notable names besides Holyfield.

But it's not like he was fighting Liston, Frazier and Foreman or some ****.

Likewise Tyson wasn't up against a murderers row. He beat Michael Spinks and Larry Holmes. One guy was a blown up light heavy and the other was squarely out of his prime.

Folks can keep pushing the same tired narratives but the fact is this. The Klit Bros dominated their era of heavyweights.

And you can keep saying it over and over but it's not true. Rubio and Lemieux have both fought and beaten legitimate opponents. Rubio stopped Lemieux and Carlos Baldomir in the past plus he has fought and lost against guys like Kelly Pavlik and JCC Jr, so he is definitely experienced.

Lemieux was coming off a KO victory of N'Jikam, a solid middleweight in his own right.

You're entitled to your perception, even if it's not true. These guys have not been KO'ing nobodies. GGG has indeed fought and beaten some big punchers. Period.

Last edited:
Anyone think that King Kong Cuban Heavyweight is legit?  Like future king of Heavyweight division legit or just hype?

I'm guessing Canelo would get stripped and Cotto vs Canelo II would be non-title.

Anyone else looking forward to Fury-Klitschko?

Fury is the best trash talker in the game . I am extremely hyped about the fight.

Dan Rafael ‏@danrafaelespn  6h6 hours ago
No #CottoCanelo PPV figs yet. Will be few days but based on early satellite numbers, source involved told me it's a lock to do at least 900k

Anyone ever tried to set up a NT Boxing meet up for fights?

I'm sure a lot of us are from the same area, and not everyone has a group of friends that love boxing as well.

Oh please, put Bowe's and Tyson's opponents next to the Klits and the difference in competition isn't nearly as pronounced as people want it to be.

Bowe beat Thomas, Tubbs, Seldon, the Foul Pole and a couple other notable names besides Holyfield.

But it's not like he was fighting Liston, Frazier and Foreman or some ****.

Likewise Tyson wasn't up against a murderers row. He beat Michael Spinks and Larry Holmes. One guy was a blown up light heavy and the other was squarely out of his prime.

Folks can keep pushing the same tired narratives but the fact is this. The Klit Bros dominated their era of heavyweights.

And you can keep saying it over and over but it's not true. Rubio and Lemieux have both fought and beaten legitimate opponents. Rubio stopped Lemieux and Carlos Baldomir in the past plus he has fought and lost against guys like Kelly Pavlik and JCC Jr, so he is definitely experienced.

Lemieux was coming off a KO victory of N'Jikam, a solid middleweight in his own right.

You're entitled to your perception, even if it's not true. These guys have not been KO'ing nobodies. GGG has indeed fought and beaten some big punchers. Period.
Once again, cause I don't think you understand.

Just like Mayweather being the best of his time, Klitchko are the best of their times. I'm comparing eras and why I'm not exited for boxing anymore. You have one dominating fighter and a bunch of solid, but not elite fighters.

I thru Bowe out there because he was big - not like he was impressive by any means. Imagine having Tyson in his prime and just having  RocMan, Moore, Ruiz, and the likes???? 

Not having competition and not having an American Crushing HeavyWeight has definitely hurt boxing in the US.

Getting back to welterweights/middleweight ..... Imagen having Trinida and no Hoya - Hearns and no Hagler - etc.

What is the face of boxing now? Canelo - GGG?? I mean, unless you are a diehard boxing fan who is Lemieux, Baldomir, ???? 

Is not perception, is reality, boxing is dying .....

I just hope these up and coming cats are all they have shown they could be Garcia (although he already lost), Thurman, Porter (Solid guy - I likes), AB (If he was commited), Kahn (Suspect) GGG, Canelo, Jacobs ...... I don't think we will have wars but it could be fun ... besides these division - who????? Come on ....

Ward
Kovalev
Choclatito
Rigo
Lomachenko
Errol Spence
Verdejo
etc. etc.

There's is a ton of great talent out there. The whole idea of boxing "dying" is so premature.

Does the sport need to develop some new PPV stars, sure. Or a "face" or whatever you want to call it, sure.

Does that mean we won't get great fights in the meantime, absolutely not (though promoter politics tend to be the real issue with these not happening).

So if you're a fan of boxing on any level, you should enjoy those IMO.

Time will reveal how it all plays out.

Last edited:
Once again, cause I don't think you understand.

Just like Mayweather being the best of his time, Klitchko are the best of their times. I'm comparing eras and why I'm not exited for boxing anymore. You have one dominating fighter and a bunch of solid, but not elite fighters.

I thru Bowe out there because he was big - not like he was impressive by any means. Imagine having Tyson in his prime and just having RocMan, Moore, Ruiz, and the likes????

Not having competition and not having an American Crushing HeavyWeight has definitely hurt boxing in the US.

Getting back to welterweights/middleweight ..... Imagen having Trinida and no Hoya - Hearns and no Hagler - etc.

What is the face of boxing now? Canelo - GGG?? I mean, unless you are a diehard boxing fan who is Lemieux, Baldomir, ????

Is not perception, is reality, boxing is dying .....

I just hope these up and coming cats are all they have shown they could be Garcia (although he already lost), Thurman, Porter (Solid guy - I likes), AB (If he was commited), Kahn (Suspect) GGG, Canelo, Jacobs ...... I don't think we will have wars but it could be fun ... besides these division - who????? Come on ....

But hol up, you were excited for Iron Mike right?

It wasn't because he was out there facing big names, I mean Holyfield had to chase Mike forever before they met.

Right now welterweight is still flush with talent, plenty of it.

Lightweight has some intriguing guys like Viktor Postol and Terence Crawford.

At feather and bantam you've got guys like Carl Frampton, Rigo, Leo Santa Cruz and Nicholas Walters.

Fury vs Klitschko represents a legitimate HW clash. Wilder is here America, here you go!!!

There are plenty of fantastic fighters out there. Boxing is dead in America, but it's blossoming abroad.

Ask Mexicans if they think boxing is dying, or Europeans.

Fact is the American public is ignorant, whether it's because of the media or because they're lazy and need to be spoon-fed which fights to watch.

The lack of quality fights and fighters is a narrative HBO/SHO pushes because they don't want the public tuning in to network television. They rather Americans believe the only fights worth watching are on HBO/SHO/PPV.

Simply not the case.

Last edited:
Ward
Kovalev
Choclatito
Rigo
Lomachenko
Errol Spence
Verdejo
etc. etc.

There's is a ton of great talent out there. The whole idea of boxing "dying" is so premature.

Does the sport need to develop some new PPV stars, sure. Or a "face" or whatever you want to call it, sure.

Does that mean we won't get great fights in the meantime, absolutely not (though promoter politics tend to be the real issue with these not happening).

It's American ego, that's what it is.

If Americans can't pronounce your name they won't **** with you. Took 'em long enough to get behind black fighters and that was largely because they didn't want to support fighters from abroad.

x
Fury is the best trash talker in the game . I am extremely hyped about the fight.

I am as well, I've been wanting him to fight Klits just to see him lose and get busted up

his trash talk is 2nd to none tho and can be at times hilarious

But hol up, you were excited for Iron Mike right?

It wasn't because he was out there facing big names, I mean Holyfield had to chase Mike forever before they met.

Right now welterweight is still flush with talent, plenty of it.

Lightweight has some intriguing guys like Viktor Postol and Terence Crawford.

At feather and bantam you've got guys like Carl Frampton, Rigo, Leo Santa Cruz and Nicholas Walters.

Fury vs Klitschko represents a legitimate HW clash. Wilder is here America, here you go!!!

There are plenty of fantastic fighters out there. Boxing is dead in America, but it's blossoming abroad.

Ask Mexicans if they think boxing is dying, or Europeans.

Fact is the American public is ignorant, whether it's because of the media or because they're lazy and need to be spoon-fed which fights to watch.

The lack of quality fights and fighters is a narrative HBO/SHO pushes because they don't want the public tuning in to network television. They rather Americans believe the only fights worth watching are on HBO/SHO/PPV.

Simply not the case.
Here you go ... you hit it on the head .... America .... That's what I been meaning to say. LMAO

I was watching a Spanish show, don't ask me which one because I can't think of it to save my life. But Mexican boxing purist were afraid of MMA because they are seeing a decline of young boxer coming thru the gym.

When/If I remember I'll try to link it.

I like Wilder he has brought hope to my life .. lol

In regards to boxing abroad, maybe I'm just old school .. can't remember or maybe I'm being naive of a great European boxer that came unblemished to the stated and was able to flourish ....It has always been all lighter classes upto welterweight and middleweight was Latin America and everything above middleweight has been America ... correct me if I'm wrong .... 

but yeah, after your reply I try to put this to rest cause is neither here nor there ..we have what we have and I have enjoyed some of it ...

I already said what I like about boxing right now, no need to be redundant 
Ward
Kovalev
Choclatito
Rigo
Lomachenko
Errol Spence
Verdejo
etc. etc.

I guess I need to expand my horizons besides ward and lomachenko I have no idea .... SMH

Here you go ... you hit it on the head .... America .... That's what I been meaning to say. LMAO

I was watching a Spanish show, don't ask me which one because I can't think of it to save my life. But Mexican boxing purist were afraid of MMA because they are seeing a decline of young boxer coming thru the gym.

When/If I remember I'll try to link it.

I like Wilder he has brought hope to my life .. lol

In regards to boxing abroad, maybe I'm just old school .. can't remember or maybe I'm being naive of a great European boxer that came unblemished to the stated and was able to flourish ....It has always been all lighter classes upto welterweight and middleweight was Latin America and everything above middleweight has been America ... correct me if I'm wrong .... 

but yeah, after your reply I try to put this to rest cause is neither here nor there ..we have what we have and I have enjoyed some of it ...

I already said what I like about boxing right now, no need to be redundant 

For the most part, yes the heavier guys were American. But America was at once at odds with Germany...

It got real in the 1930s, the Nazi party emerged in Germany and former world champion Max Schmeling became hated by the American public.

And this set up a mega-bout between Schmeling and Louis, which Schmeling won by KO. The rematch was for the world title and Louis in turn KO'd Schmeling to retain the title.

There were a few other notable heavyweights from abroad.

Former HW champs include Schmeling, Primo Carnera and Bob Fitzsimmons (the first three division champion in boxing history).

But my point is this, with Schmeling, it took a war for America to embrace a black heavyweight. Americans are fickle like that.

Last edited:
I guess I need to expand my horizons besides ward and lomachenko I have no idea .... SMH

C'mon bruh I know you know who Kovalev is, he just beat Bernard Hopkins late '14.

Rigondeaux fought on the Cotto/Canelo undercard.

Last edited:
C'mon bruh I know you know who Kovalev is, he just beat Bernard Hopkins late '14.

Rigondeaux fought on the Cotto/Canelo undercard.
I really dont man ... I stopped watching the Light Heavyweight division a while back bruh ... I love Hopkins man, but I can't watch him fight ... I think I stopped watching this division since Ward fought Dawson ... I'll watch again, but only if Ward ... might check out Kovalev ....

Im going to put in on the record .. Im really liking Jacobs and Thurman ... I also like GGG ... If these dude flourish I want to see them go at it .....

hope Jacobs KO Quillin ... 

U stopped watching light heavy?

Adonis, kovalev, pascal Hopkins...you've missed out on quite a few good fights

Kovalev vs Ward has to be the best fight to be made not including a mayweather or pacquiao in YEARS.
Probably up there with Cotto/Margarito 1

U stopped watching light heavy?

Adonis, kovalev, pascal Hopkins...you've missed out on quite a few good fights

Kovalev vs Ward has to be the best fight to be made not including a mayweather or pacquiao in YEARS.
Probably up there with Cotto/Margarito 1

I'm not holding my breath for the Kovalev vs Ward bout.

I almost guarantee the fight won't happen.

Ward will undoubtedly find a way to get hurt. Just as he hurt his knee prior to the Canelo vs Cotto bout, where he was supposed to fight on the undercard.

Guy minus whale just retire and stop getting my hopes up. :smh:

Plus Kovalev has to get past Pascal in their rematch.

JUST STOP GUNNA!!! STOP PLAYING WITH MY EMOTIONS!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom