Please Lock.

Where are those NTers predicting 550K?

But damn even 550K is a good # considering the other PPVs this year lol

e7e5cf72_jag2.gif

So you just stopped watchin light heavy? And youve NEVER heard the name kovalev?? Ive never heard of anyone not watchin a certain division. You watch ice skatin bruh?
You haven't??? Where the F word have you been. Are you waiting to see Budler vs Menayothin anytime soon? Just because I say I stopped watching Light heavyweight is not like I saw a light heavyweight match and refused to watch it ... simply means that I didn't/don't keep up with the division and I'm not purposely looking to see the next bout ....
U stopped watching light heavy?

Adonis, kovalev, pascal Hopkins...you've missed out on quite a few good fights

Kovalev vs Ward has to be the best fight to be made not including a mayweather or pacquiao in YEARS.
Probably up there with Cotto/Margarito 1
Maybe you are right ....

which fights should I check out?

I used to like Adonis, but after he got KO'ed I stopped following him much. I'm not really a fan of Pascal ... Hopkin is Hopkin and now I really can't recalled watching Kovalev.

If Ward comes back, I'm going to pay attention at the division again. Maybe I start watching Kovalev pound pillow puching Pascal and maybe fight Adonis after ...  Lets see ...

I did enjoy the Super Six tournament .... it was pretty entertaining and I enjoy Froch and Kessler ....

It's pretty much in stone that he can't fight anyone but Kovalev after June of next year. It was for two fights, supposed to be this past Saturday and one in the spring then he face Kovalev.

I thought Thurman-Porter was gonna be on that Jan 23rd card?

So is it a double header now? Or are they just getting pushed back for Danny

Kovalev / Pascal was a really good scrap. Especially since it was probably Pascal's best performance in his career and it came in a Loss where he got KRUSHED.

Kovalev/Hopkins was good technically. If ur looking for action pack it wasn't that, it was total dominance and showedKovalev's ring savvy & intelligence.

I'd start with those two

Last edited:
I can see that. Porter wins and loses pretty ugly, aside from the Malignaggi fight.

I think Thurman could stop him, but yeah it could also just be a real ugly decision.

Last edited:
If Canelo is to fight GGG at the full 160, he needs an easier fight before that to get used to the weight. It makes no sense for him to jump in there with the top 160lbs when he's never fought at that weight class.

I can see the GGG/Canelo scenario playing out the same way the Chavez JR/Martinez did. T-Minus 30 days and Oscar will demand a 95/5 split with a catchweight of 155.

Last edited:
I read the other day that Canelo already said it won't happen at 160. So what exactly does "I'm ready" mean...

Andy Lee? I doubt anybody really wants to see that man get knocked out in 3-4 rounds
Yeah, I think Lee will beat Saunders, so it will be a unification fight.  Lee's got the WBO MW belt right now. 
If Canelo is to fight GGG at the full 160, he needs an easier fight before that to get used to the weight. It makes no sense for him to jump in there with the top 160lbs when he's never fought at that weight class.
He's not going to.  He'll drag GGG down to probably 157. 

What do you guys think of a fight between GGG and Lara? Lara is one of those high risk low reward fighters but dude is calling out any big names that will fight him especially GGG.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boxing/post/_/id/5829/lara-primed-for-big-things-in-2016

“I think Golovkin is a very, very good fighter and I’ve been watching him since my amateur days,” Lara said. “He fought a lot of Cubans so I know his style and how he operates. I know exactly what he’s trying to do.

“If that fight goes off, whether it’s tomorrow or any day, I think it’s a very important fight for both of us and would probably be the toughest test for both of our careers.”

Lara respects Golovkin’s power, but ultimately believes his ring intelligence and speed would set him apart.

“With all of the mistakes he makes in the ring, I would be able to expose those for 12 rounds and dominate him,” Lara said. “He’s one of the better fighters but there are a lot of errors I see in there that I would expose.”

For as talented as Lara is as a defensive boxer and counterpuncher, he has heard the constant critiques about how his low punch output holds him back in the ring. It certainly cost him against Alvarez, where he outclassed his opponent for certain stretches, but wasn’t active enough to convince the judges overall.

“I think [critics] definitely have a point,” Lara said. “That is some of the things we have been working on, which is throwing more combinations, including more punch output and punch differential.

“But when you are in the ring, there are guys who pride themselves on not only offense, but defense and I pride myself on not getting hit. There’s a future after boxing so the defensive skills I learned in Cuba, I like to translate to the pros.”

Al's not going to let that fight happen, but I'd pick GGG by KO.  He'd find a way to cut off the ring, and land some shots on Lara's suspect chin. 

I like GGG. My biggest issue with him is that he isn't taking the Paul Williams/Sergio approach where you go up in weight until you find willing opponents. He might as well because I doubt Canelo fights him until he gets old and the other middle weights are not up to his level.

Back
Top Bottom