Please Lock.

GGG vs Canelo is very intriguing. People are focusing much more on whether or not Canelo can take GGG's punches. We can easily flip it around and ask ourselves how GGG will deal with Canelo's attack? GGG hasn't fought anyone like Canelo yet.

Very true I think GGG that works behind his jab will beat canelo pretty easily. I didn't see much tonight that would lead me to believe that he beats Golovkin

As of now I am favoring GGG. However, I believe it will be a test and step up in competition for both. It will be wise for Canelo to stall out the fight for a year or two. By then, he will peak physically and Father time should start to catch up with GGG.

That was a pretty unimpressive victory. I thought it was a close fight like almost even.
Neither guy was Hurt or in danger

Fight didn't live up to my hopes bc I thought I would see combos and angles from Canelo and I thought Cotto would bang to the body and close the distance and get rough.

At this point Canelo is what he is. An good fighter with Slow feet who's main advantage is being really big for his weight class. For someone with such size mismatch he doesn't have one punch knock out power that you would expect. That also comes from him not being an effective counter puncher or combination puncher.

Cotto boxed a smart fight except again he strayed away from his body punches ( SHRUGS)

That was a pretty unimpressive victory. I thought it was a close fight like almost even.
Neither guy was Hurt or in danger

Fight didn't live up to my hopes bc I thought I would see combos and angles from Canelo and I thought Cotto would bang to the body and close the distance and get rough.

At this point Canelo is what he is. An good fighter with Slow feet who's main advantage is being really big for his weight class. For someone with such size mismatch he doesn't have one punch knock out power that you would expect. That also comes from him not being an effective counter puncher or combination puncher.

Cotto boxed a smart fight except again he strayed away from his body punches ( SHRUGS)

Pretty much how I saw the fight as well.

What we saw was a 150+ fighter against a 165 to 173 fighter ....

If cotto decided to continue boxing .. he should drop down in weight ...

Boxing is almost dead for me man ... There are a couple of fighters that I like (One time, Jacobs, Garcia, etc) but I don't think they are the saviour of boxing. Not having true dominating rock solid heavyweights is also a problem.

What we saw was a 150+ fighter against a 165 to 173 fighter ....

If cotto decided to continue boxing .. he should drop down in weight ...

Boxing is almost dead for me man ... There are a couple of fighters that I like (One time, Jacobs, Garcia, etc) but I don't think they are the saviour of boxing. Not having true dominating rock solid heavyweights is also a problem.

Once you stop hoping a saviour will come you'll enjoy it again. It is what it is now.

Once you stop hoping a saviour will come you'll enjoy it again. It is what it is now.
I enjoy boxing but I can live without watching big time fights. He'll, there is not a fight right now that I can say ... Man I can't wait to see when these two go at it. Not even what many here are looking forward to GGG vs Canelo ...

GGG was and has been so unimpressive for me since the fight against Gabriel Rosado.

Oh well ...

Fight went as I expected. Even though I was hoping Cotto would win. Canelo too big and strong. As someone said, they looked far apart in weight. Cotto just doesn't belong up there.

Judges didn't even try to hide that shady **** though :lol:

That Miura/Vargas fight was :smokin

Rigondeauz fight was disappointing. Opponent seemed tailor made for Rigo to light him up. At some point, he has to let them go.

Speaking of Rosado, mad Kirkland pulled out of that fight. But hopefully Gabe can get a non BKB win against Clottey.

Looking forward to Jacobs/Quillin. May try to hit Barclays for that. Share mutual acquaintances with both guys. Pulling for Danny though.

I have been very impressed with Jacob. He also has a great story behind him ....

I want to see a rematch with Pirog before he continues .....

GGG vs Canelo is very intriguing. People are focusing much more on whether or not Canelo can take GGG's punches. We can easily flip it around and ask ourselves how GGG will deal with Canelo's attack? GGG hasn't fought anyone like Canelo yet.
canelo has the power to keep GGG off him? he damn sure doesn't throw enough or jab enough to keep him off him.

GGG is so dangerous because he's not afraid to stand there and trade with you. And he seems like he can take a punch and nobody has been able to take his so far.

GGG is so dangerous because he's not afraid to stand there and trade with you. And he seems like he can take a punch and nobody has been able to take his so far.
That's not saying much ....

Look at the competition .... Nothing but pillow hands!

That's what I was saying earlier. And the guys Canelo have fought recently are quicker and more athletic than GGG.

Being the aggressor and backing down a guy like Cotto (who doesn't belong in the weight class) is one thing. Cotto had some good shots here and there but honestly I didn't see those same type of powerful Cotto shots you normally see. It was like watching Bane vs Batman at times. Couple small shots from Cotto then a strong right or uppercut from Canelo. Certain points of the fight I thought Cotto looked every bit of 35. Golovkin on the other hand, Canelo isn't walking him down. Much more level playing field than Cotto. I feel Canelo better box and move around because if it's smack dab in the middle of the ring I'd put money on Golovkin.

He just defeated David Lemieux, who has 31 KOs to his name to 34 victories.

Rubio, Amada, Proksa, Stevens all have plus power.

He's definitely faced some heavy punchers, some of whom have more power than Alvarez (Lemieux and Rubio).

Canelo waited for Kirkland to relent the momentum. He cannot afford that same luxury against GGG.

And that's a problem
I figured by now he'd have some timing and would be a better counter puncher.
If he was a better counter puncher I'd give him the edge over GGG.

Canelo is no scrub, far from it but he is not a polished A fighter. He has a lot of holes and can only win one way.

Last edited:
Quillin vs Jacobs December 5th, should the GGG vs Canelo bout fail to be come to fruition, I wonder if the winner of this bout gets a crack at Golovkin.

Haymon protecting that boy though (Quillin).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom