Pistons vs Celtics Game 5 ESPN 8:30 pm ET

Hell of a game. Ray and KG showed up big time, but you have to hate how they played in the 4th.

Still see this one going 7.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

outkast9984 wrote:

koolbarbone wrote:

C's are on some
grin.gif
status, they lack mental toughness to close out opponents, not a good look if they end up winning this series.

That's hilarious since they just closed out the Pistons in this game. Yeah they shouldn't have let them back in the game but a weaker team would have lost the game.

Please. A blind man could see that the C's were well on their way to choke this game away, but were saved by Ray Allen, they better win in Detroit, cause I think in a Game 7 with all the pressure on them, the luck of the Irish will finally run out.
are you sure those youngins on your team wont choke in the finals? they match up well with the Lakers so i dont see what "doesnt look good" for them in the next series

anyway, you act like yall are a lock to win this series, i would be flabberghasted if Detroit doesn't win Game 6 and if they do, yall might not even get a chance to match up with us at all. All I know is the C's looked VERY nervous and shaky down the stretch tonight, and made FTs at the end, while Stuckey missed his. Best believe that 24 isn't a "young'n" and unlike anyone on the C's outside of Cassell (who doesn't even play), we have multiple guys who have been in pressure playoff situations time and time again.

alright i'm no laker-hater, most of my family is in LA so i have no hate for them but damn. you really need to get off your pedestal man. yousaid celtics fans are acting like they're locks to win the series then turn around and say "y'all might no even get a chance to match upw/ us". then you criticize an inability to close games against a much more experienced team when your own team had the same problems the nightbefore, against an experienced team. in the same sentence you said the c's were nervous (which i'm not arguing, detroit made a run...) and backed upthat claim by highlighting their made free thows and detroits missed. you are raining on their parade over the same things that could have been said to you thenight before.

im just sayin. i know you really like your team... but i'm willing to bet the people actually playing for the lakers wouldnt doubt the celtics as much as uare.

just sayin

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

doc closed that game to perfection
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Do you talk out of your %*+ purposely to get a rise out of people?
Wats up Scrooge? He did, and I'm not talking about the 4th I'm talking about the last minute with the fouling How bout you check yourself first homie
Either way, you're giving Doc way too much credit. When, who and where to foul in that type of situation is elementary to an NBA coach. And honestly how can you NOT talk about the 4th? So dude gets kudos because his team happened to pull it out in the last minute after nearly choking the game away? Your logic is flawed.

no he gets kudos because his team had the best record and are on thier way to the finals

plus your mad
laugh.gif

This guy. NT will rejoice once you're gone. It won't be long.

I don't understand why people keep talking about how the celtics will lose yet they keep winning.

As much as I don't like the celtics they keep winning. Yeah it looks bad that they had to go seven with the hawks and cavs but they keep finding a way towin. If this goes 7 the celtics will find a way to pull it out. It might be ugly but it works for them.

Originally Posted by outkast9984

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

C's are on some
grin.gif
status, they lack mental toughness to close out opponents, not a good look if they end up winning this series.

That's hilarious since they just closed out the Pistons in this game. Yeah they shouldn't have let them back in the game but a weaker team would have lost the game.

Please. A blind man could see that the C's were well on their way to choke this game away, but were saved by Ray Allen, they better win in Detroit, cause I think in a Game 7 with all the pressure on them, the luck of the Irish will finally run out.
are you sure those youngins on your team wont choke in the finals? they match up well with the Lakers so i dont see what "doesnt look good" for them in the next series

anyway, you act like yall are a lock to win this series, i would be flabberghasted if Detroit doesn't win Game 6 and if they do, yall might not even get a chance to match up with us at all. All I know is the C's looked VERY nervous and shaky down the stretch tonight, and made FTs at the end, while Stuckey missed his. Best believe that 24 isn't a "young'n" and unlike anyone on the C's outside of Cassell (who doesn't even play), we have multiple guys who have been in pressure playoff situations time and time again.
who has been in pressure situations besides kobe and fish? dont come in here saying the lakers have this team that has all the playoff experience. pauhas proved to be soft against the spurs. KG will eat him alive. how do you guys match up with c's? one of the celtics guys is going to have a big advantageagainst the lakers.

who has been in pressure situations besides kobe and fish? dont come in here saying the lakers have this team that has all the playoff experience. pau has proved to be soft against the spurs. KG will eat him alive. how do you guys match up with c's? one of the celtics guys is going to have a big advantage against the lakers.
You have some good points...but we have to play the games.

The lakers don't have that much playoff experience. The celtics do but not as a unit. I just believe that if the lakers and celtics play its going to comedown to the role players and the bench. IMO I can't call it but it will be something to watch.

Originally Posted by tupac003

who has been in pressure situations besides kobe and fish? dont come in here saying the lakers have this team that has all the playoff experience. pau has proved to be soft against the spurs. KG will eat him alive. how do you guys match up with c's? one of the celtics guys is going to have a big advantage against the lakers.

The lakers don't have that much playoff experience. The celtics do but not as a unit. I just believe that if the lakers and celtics play its going to come down to the role players and the bench. IMO I can't call it but it will be something to watch.

ok, maybe we should hold off on the lakers vs. celtics talk cuz both teams have yet to close out their series..... with that said, i think in terms ofplayoff experience as a team, the celtics have probably learned more this post season than the lakers given the tougher series celtics have played in....

doc closed that game to perfection
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Do you talk out of your %*+ purposely to get a rise out of people?
Wats up Scrooge? He did, and I'm not talking about the 4th I'm talking about the last minute with the fouling How bout you check yourself first homie
Either way, you're giving Doc way too much credit. When, who and where to foul in that type of situation is elementary to an NBA coach. And honestly how can you NOT talk about the 4th? So dude gets kudos because his team happened to pull it out in the last minute after nearly choking the game away? Your logic is flawed.

no he gets kudos because his team had the best record and are on thier way to the finals

plus your mad
laugh.gif

This guy. NT will rejoice once you're gone. It won't be long.

mad much?

It just irks me to think how good this team should be playing. They had so many stupid turnovers, and that has been a somewhat of a problem all year. You canlive with forced TO's but they just give away too many possesions. If they could clean that up, and just continue to play their game in the 4th, theC's would dominate.

smh.gif
Sheed is a joke.

FOUR rebounds in 39 minutes.

He should worry more about actually playing like a center from time to time and less about the refs.

Originally Posted by tupac003

The lakers don't have that much playoff experience. The celtics do but not as a unit. I just believe that if the lakers and celtics play its going to come down to the role players and the bench. IMO I can't call it but it will be something to watch.

Lakers are doing pretty damn good against the defending champs who probaley have the most playoff expierence as a team.

I agree it will come down to guys like. Rondo, Posey, and Perkins. Then Both teams benches.

YO any1 got that Stuckey free thrown line miss Clip!???!

that joint is FUNNY as Hell

can any1 get that

... He look like he Bust the ill ............

The Celts played horrible in the 4th, doing lob passes on almost every possession, passing up open shots and completely ignoring Ray Allen in the 4th when hewas the best player they had all night. KG, as well as he was playing, needs to dominate. He needs to stop the pass first and shoot later mentality. Take theshot if you open, he can make it. He played exceptional last night but broke down on the fourth, I've been disappointed with his game thoughout the wholeplayoffs so far.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Sheed is a clown, especially at the end when he's like "watch out"

lol we got season tickets last season, very easy to get since they sucked.

thank god for ray and kevin.

the bench needs to step it up though.

they were scoreless aside from posey's 3. they are looking worse and worse, with no depth. powe never sees the court anymore, cassel and house are a hazardeven just bringing the ball up the court under pressure, and davis is riding the pine as well.

Originally Posted by RFX45

KG, as well as he was playing, needs to dominate. He needs to stop the pass first and shoot later mentality. Take the shot if you open, he can make it. He played exceptional last night but broke down on the fourth, I've been disappointed with his game thoughout the whole playoffs so far.

as much as we keep saying, he's just not that type of player...it;s like we all want him to be someone different. he passes and shoots long jumpers.that's what he does best. he doesn;t take it to the hoop hard. it;s just not KG. which is why pierce and ray should be taking those passes and be the mainscoring options.

The amount of Laker talk in Celtic threads is amazing.

And most of it isnt even from Laker fans.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom