Pippen Says LeBron is "Best Player Ever"

He pretty much said Lebron MAY BE....so he really didnt say $$*$.

......and besides, why does everyone care so much. Jordan was a far better overall player and LBJ is more of an over sized PG ie Bird/Oscar, but far more athletic obviously.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Lemme ask yall....what would it take for Lebron to be considered the GOAT?  Are 7 rings the absolute benchmark??? 

Nah, for me it wouldn't even be the total number of rings Lebron or any other great player in the future might get to determine how great they are or even GOAT status.  To me it would be the manner they achieved their INDIVIDUAL greatness and then how dominate they or their team was during a certain timeframe.  As far as Lebron goes, for me personally I would probably have him higher up on the GOAT list had he stayed in Cleveland and won at least 1 championship opposed to him going to Miami and winning 1 or even 7 championships.  He's still a great player and I hope nobody would take that away from him but to me their would have been something more historic ormore memorable about him somehow being able to take that Cavs team all the way and win it all, even it were just 1 time only, and I'm not even a Cavs fan or an Ohio resident.  That's just my take on the matter.        

this is all it is...hats off to you bruh
pimp.gif

like many have said...bron has a killer skill set unique as #%$...and yes eryone had "help" but chicago had a more than capable squad if he went, New York as well...hell Cleveland was one or two players, better coach or just a right match up away if he stayed.

"Lebron James is the best player in the world and he will join forces with the other greatest players in the world to prove that he is the greatest player of all time by taking turns dominating quarters with his other two teammates against teams with one legit star or just slightly above average teams..." << Is that really gonna be the NBA's GOAT player story?... 
laugh.gif
 NONSENSE!!

Lemme ask yall....what would it take for Lebron to be considered the GOAT?  Are 7 rings the absolute benchmark??? 

Nah, for me it wouldn't even be the total number of rings Lebron or any other great player in the future might get to determine how great they are or even GOAT status.  To me it would be the manner they achieved their INDIVIDUAL greatness and then how dominate they or their team was during a certain timeframe.  As far as Lebron goes, for me personally I would probably have him higher up on the GOAT list had he stayed in Cleveland and won at least 1 championship opposed to him going to Miami and winning 1 or even 7 championships.  He's still a great player and I hope nobody would take that away from him but to me their would have been something more historic ormore memorable about him somehow being able to take that Cavs team all the way and win it all, even it were just 1 time only, and I'm not even a Cavs fan or an Ohio resident.  That's just my take on the matter.        

pimp.gif

like many have said...bron has a killer skill set unique as #%$...and yes eryone had "help" but chicago had a more than capable squad if he went, New York as well...hell Cleveland was one or two players, better coach or just a right match up away if he stayed.

"Lebron James is the best player in the world and he will join forces with the other greatest players in the world to prove that he is the greatest player of all time by taking turns dominating quarters with his other two teammates against teams with one legit star or just slightly above average teams..." << Is that really gonna be the NBA's GOAT player story?... 
laugh.gif
 NONSENSE!!

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Rav...I agree with 99.9% of what you said, but you know that rings weigh heavily into the conversation...team sport or not.  You're absolutely spot-on w. what you said though.  Folks are so quick to discredit Lebron and they fail to realize that just about every NBA legend who has a ring, had help. 

7 rings and I still wouldn't say it. Pure basketball skills, Jordan is beyond LeBron. Sure Bron is a better passer, but what else? Rebounder? Eh, I might give you that.

Bron STILL has no post game and STILL has an inconsistent jump shot, 8 years in. I see it coming though. He def has worked on his jumper.

LeBron is just a beast, I know why he does the things he does on offense... But when I saw Jordan or even Kobe do things, every game I would ask myself "how the %@$@ did he just do that?"

People are prisoners of the moment and quick to forget
only thing i can think of is scoring...which is slightly better.....oh wait, am i forgetting FREE THROW HERE?
so all related of shooting. 3PT as well? lol this guy...
laugh.gif
acrobatic moves are cool but all related of scoring. yes jordan a better scorer but he can only dominate by "out-scoring" the opponent pretty much

lebron can dominate the opponents with different aspects of basketball. which jordan cant. that's the difference here.

so please list some skills. don't just assume
Better finisher, FAR better post game, turn arounds, fadeaways, crossover, quicker first step, better one on one defender, takes over BIG games, more clutch...

Bron shows flashes of this, but this was Jordans game once he entered his prime and it was a consistent thing.

Bron fills the stats sheet.. Is that just because dude is a genetic monster? Who knows. But he is not a better overall basketball player then Jordan. Show me a hole in Jordans game and I'll show you a 3 headed pig having sex with a unicorn.

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Rav...I agree with 99.9% of what you said, but you know that rings weigh heavily into the conversation...team sport or not.  You're absolutely spot-on w. what you said though.  Folks are so quick to discredit Lebron and they fail to realize that just about every NBA legend who has a ring, had help. 

7 rings and I still wouldn't say it. Pure basketball skills, Jordan is beyond LeBron. Sure Bron is a better passer, but what else? Rebounder? Eh, I might give you that.

Bron STILL has no post game and STILL has an inconsistent jump shot, 8 years in. I see it coming though. He def has worked on his jumper.

LeBron is just a beast, I know why he does the things he does on offense... But when I saw Jordan or even Kobe do things, every game I would ask myself "how the %@$@ did he just do that?"

People are prisoners of the moment and quick to forget
only thing i can think of is scoring...which is slightly better.....oh wait, am i forgetting FREE THROW HERE?
so all related of shooting. 3PT as well? lol this guy...
laugh.gif
acrobatic moves are cool but all related of scoring. yes jordan a better scorer but he can only dominate by "out-scoring" the opponent pretty much

lebron can dominate the opponents with different aspects of basketball. which jordan cant. that's the difference here.

so please list some skills. don't just assume
Better finisher, FAR better post game, turn arounds, fadeaways, crossover, quicker first step, better one on one defender, takes over BIG games, more clutch...

Bron shows flashes of this, but this was Jordans game once he entered his prime and it was a consistent thing.

Bron fills the stats sheet.. Is that just because dude is a genetic monster? Who knows. But he is not a better overall basketball player then Jordan. Show me a hole in Jordans game and I'll show you a 3 headed pig having sex with a unicorn.

what makes MJ better than LBJ and etc is more than just ability...MJ had the TOTAL PACKAGE

- style/sneakers
- highlights, incredible lay ups, dunks and clutch winners (just go to youtube and search)
- epic moments (flu game, breaking two records in one half vs Portland, dropping 60 plus on Boston while real young and etc)
- dominating and taking down HALL OF FAME PLAYERS and not giving them a chance to win a ring (Barkley, Ewing, Malone, Stockton) (name how many LBJ will stop?)
- never scrutinized during his career (things like the 'The Decision' will always haunt LBJ)
- always been the ALPHA player in his team..1. MJ 2. Pip other than 1a. LBJ 1b. Wade

Lebron cant never outdo those aspects, he already gave bad impressions and will stain him, Legacy-wise

what makes MJ better than LBJ and etc is more than just ability...MJ had the TOTAL PACKAGE

- style/sneakers
- highlights, incredible lay ups, dunks and clutch winners (just go to youtube and search)
- epic moments (flu game, breaking two records in one half vs Portland, dropping 60 plus on Boston while real young and etc)
- dominating and taking down HALL OF FAME PLAYERS and not giving them a chance to win a ring (Barkley, Ewing, Malone, Stockton) (name how many LBJ will stop?)
- never scrutinized during his career (things like the 'The Decision' will always haunt LBJ)
- always been the ALPHA player in his team..1. MJ 2. Pip other than 1a. LBJ 1b. Wade

Lebron cant never outdo those aspects, he already gave bad impressions and will stain him, Legacy-wise

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

brons not even better than rose tho
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
 NONSENSE!!

Really so just because he left Cleveland for Miami that invalidates his individual achievements??
So I ask you guys this; would it have been any different if Dwade and Bosh joined Lebron in Cleveland?? You guys would probably be saying the same thing you are now.
laugh.gif

add3630a46771e9b40941cc306b03b7fe16d62bc.jpg

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

brons not even better than rose tho
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
 NONSENSE!!

Really so just because he left Cleveland for Miami that invalidates his individual achievements??
So I ask you guys this; would it have been any different if Dwade and Bosh joined Lebron in Cleveland?? You guys would probably be saying the same thing you are now.
laugh.gif

add3630a46771e9b40941cc306b03b7fe16d62bc.jpg

I'm so sick and tired well Lebron need to win some rings first, rings does not define how great you are. The Big O, Oscar Robertson has only 1 championship, but yet no one can arguably tell me otherwise he is the top 5 greatest player to ever play the game. So i guess when Kobe gets 6 rings he will be considered equal to Jordan or better than Jordan. Or i guess Kobe is better than Oscar Robertson because he has 5 rings to The Big O 1 ring.
and to be honest i think Lebron can become the greatest to ever play the game, Lets not forget Jordan actually went to college, while Lebron came straight from High School killing in the league. The Hate on Lebron is ridiculous, i'm no Lebron fan, but is he better than Jordan now, No Way! can he become better than Jordan, With out a doubt  yes!

feel free to argue Jordan Stans, and we can look @ the stats.

I'm so sick and tired well Lebron need to win some rings first, rings does not define how great you are. The Big O, Oscar Robertson has only 1 championship, but yet no one can arguably tell me otherwise he is the top 5 greatest player to ever play the game. So i guess when Kobe gets 6 rings he will be considered equal to Jordan or better than Jordan. Or i guess Kobe is better than Oscar Robertson because he has 5 rings to The Big O 1 ring.
and to be honest i think Lebron can become the greatest to ever play the game, Lets not forget Jordan actually went to college, while Lebron came straight from High School killing in the league. The Hate on Lebron is ridiculous, i'm no Lebron fan, but is he better than Jordan now, No Way! can he become better than Jordan, With out a doubt  yes!

feel free to argue Jordan Stans, and we can look @ the stats.

Simply put, you gotta evaluate at the end of the day, when it's all said and done, or close to it.

Kobe being where he is in his career, notice ALOT more people are slowing starting to subside and accept the whole "Jordan > Kobe" thing. You don't really see that argument come up AS much anyone.

Looking at it right now, you've got to give it to Michael. For one, championships and performance on that level. 6 rings, he was CLEARLY the MVP of all 6, and he won everytime he got there. For all intents and purposes, you could say he was undefeated in title fights and title defenses, poor analogy maybe, but you should get what I'm saying.

Michael Jordan never had the team LeBron has now. Never, EVER was the discussion that Scottie Pippen was the best player on the Bulls team while with Jordan, much less the best in the LEAGUE while Jordan was there. You can't say the same for LeBron and Wade. Wade bails LeBron out of a lot of situations, whether some of you guys want to admit that or not. Also, when did Michael Jordan EVER have a big man who could consistently score when he was having doubles thrown at him, or really just score period? Horace Grant was a shade better on the offensive end than Rodman, and Rodman was a tremendous defender and one of the greatest rebounders of all time, but he wasn't giving you points. You could argue that with exponential off-season improvement every year, Haslem could get to the level of Rodman by his "peak" years.

At the end of the day, LeBron lovers/Jordan haters are going to relish in this. That Michael's sidekick (because that's what he was) has had the gall to put the "King" over the widely accepted GOAT of all time, because I mean, if anyone would know, wouldn't he know, right? And Michael Jordan fans (like myself) will admittedly say there is no contest, at least not yet.

But if you put all the off court, non-related to basketball stuff to the side, right now, Michael's left a long laundry bucket list of stuff for LeBron to complete before we can ever really start this argument.

Simply put, you gotta evaluate at the end of the day, when it's all said and done, or close to it.

Kobe being where he is in his career, notice ALOT more people are slowing starting to subside and accept the whole "Jordan > Kobe" thing. You don't really see that argument come up AS much anyone.

Looking at it right now, you've got to give it to Michael. For one, championships and performance on that level. 6 rings, he was CLEARLY the MVP of all 6, and he won everytime he got there. For all intents and purposes, you could say he was undefeated in title fights and title defenses, poor analogy maybe, but you should get what I'm saying.

Michael Jordan never had the team LeBron has now. Never, EVER was the discussion that Scottie Pippen was the best player on the Bulls team while with Jordan, much less the best in the LEAGUE while Jordan was there. You can't say the same for LeBron and Wade. Wade bails LeBron out of a lot of situations, whether some of you guys want to admit that or not. Also, when did Michael Jordan EVER have a big man who could consistently score when he was having doubles thrown at him, or really just score period? Horace Grant was a shade better on the offensive end than Rodman, and Rodman was a tremendous defender and one of the greatest rebounders of all time, but he wasn't giving you points. You could argue that with exponential off-season improvement every year, Haslem could get to the level of Rodman by his "peak" years.

At the end of the day, LeBron lovers/Jordan haters are going to relish in this. That Michael's sidekick (because that's what he was) has had the gall to put the "King" over the widely accepted GOAT of all time, because I mean, if anyone would know, wouldn't he know, right? And Michael Jordan fans (like myself) will admittedly say there is no contest, at least not yet.

But if you put all the off court, non-related to basketball stuff to the side, right now, Michael's left a long laundry bucket list of stuff for LeBron to complete before we can ever really start this argument.

Like dude said above, Jordan never played with another top 5 player in the league. You can't tell me Pippan was top 5 during his run.

Like dude said above, Jordan never played with another top 5 player in the league. You can't tell me Pippan was top 5 during his run.

Let me ask you guys this, and this isn't sarcastic or meant to be "told you so" but a legitimate questions.

Let's say game 6, closeout game in Dallas for Miami, and Wade has back spasms that limit him to little or no minutes. Do you think LeBron can beat the Mavs without Wade? Do you think LeBron, Miller, Haslem, Bosh, and (Bibby, Jones, Chalmers, or House) can beat them?

Because Jordan won that last championship pretty much all alone that last game. If you don't remember, there's tons of footage of it on YouTube.

I'm not taking ANYTHING from Scottie. He locked up Magic in the 1st one. He helped Michael with the scoring load when he struggled with having of the greatest 1v1 defenders of all time (Payton) in 96.

But I guarantee you, the Lakers, Blazers, Suns, Sonics, and Jazz didn't ever say "Well if we can contain Michael Jordan, we still have to worry about Pippen giving us 30 and Rodman/Grant/Longley/Wennington/Caffey giving us another 15 and 9."

I'm just trying to put somethings in perspective. I'd take Mike/Scottie (Prime years) over LBJ/Wade (current) anyday, but that's more so because of skill set, match-up, reasoning.

Originally Posted by sensaciondelbloque

- style/sneakers

epic moments (flu game, breaking two records in one half vs Portland, dropping 60 plus on Boston while real young and etc)

Highlights and shoes are part of your criteria for defining greatness of a basketball player?

Your posting privileges should be revoked. In fact you should probably not be allowed to talk about anything ... ever.

And for the record i agree that right now Jordan is better than Bron. What the future holds I don't know.

Originally Posted by sensaciondelbloque

- style/sneakers

epic moments (flu game, breaking two records in one half vs Portland, dropping 60 plus on Boston while real young and etc)

Highlights and shoes are part of your criteria for defining greatness of a basketball player?

Your posting privileges should be revoked. In fact you should probably not be allowed to talk about anything ... ever.

And for the record i agree that right now Jordan is better than Bron. What the future holds I don't know.

Let me ask you guys this, and this isn't sarcastic or meant to be "told you so" but a legitimate questions.

Let's say game 6, closeout game in Dallas for Miami, and Wade has back spasms that limit him to little or no minutes. Do you think LeBron can beat the Mavs without Wade? Do you think LeBron, Miller, Haslem, Bosh, and (Bibby, Jones, Chalmers, or House) can beat them?

Because Jordan won that last championship pretty much all alone that last game. If you don't remember, there's tons of footage of it on YouTube.

I'm not taking ANYTHING from Scottie. He locked up Magic in the 1st one. He helped Michael with the scoring load when he struggled with having of the greatest 1v1 defenders of all time (Payton) in 96.

But I guarantee you, the Lakers, Blazers, Suns, Sonics, and Jazz didn't ever say "Well if we can contain Michael Jordan, we still have to worry about Pippen giving us 30 and Rodman/Grant/Longley/Wennington/Caffey giving us another 15 and 9."

I'm just trying to put somethings in perspective. I'd take Mike/Scottie (Prime years) over LBJ/Wade (current) anyday, but that's more so because of skill set, match-up, reasoning.

Back
Top Bottom