Pippen Says LeBron is "Best Player Ever"

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

C'mon Scottie...
grin.gif

LeBron is one of the most talented players to step on the court, but to say he's better in comparison to all that Jordan has done is really pushing it.
I don't think he's saying that Bron has accomplished more. I think he's saying Bron is greater as far as overall ability.

I wonder what Scottie's motivation was for stating this?

He had to have known the $!$# storm it would cause right?

I wonder what Scottie's motivation was for stating this?

He had to have known the $!$# storm it would cause right?

C'mon Scottie...
grin.gif

LeBron is one of the most talented players to step on the court, but to say he's better in comparison to all that Jordan has done is really pushing it.

When people talk about "greatest" they usually refer to career achievements, which Lebron doesn't have comparable to Jordan or even Kobe yet. But if you wanna talk about at their best, what can they do on a basketball court, Lebron is certainly in the discussion for one of the best/most talented all around players ever.

When people talk about "greatest" they usually refer to career achievements, which Lebron doesn't have comparable to Jordan or even Kobe yet. But if you wanna talk about at their best, what can they do on a basketball court, Lebron is certainly in the discussion for one of the best/most talented all around players ever.

C'mon Scottie...
grin.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

I agree with some of this. but the bottom line is his "ways to go" is no longer achievable because: he took his talents to south beach x defensive rule changes x scoring ability 
wink.gif

but remove all that its not out of the realm of possibility 
Those are just the excuses ppl use to discredit dude. Joining up with Wade is the smartest thing he's done. I don't like it, but its smart. No one did it alone. Kobe, MJ, Magic, Kareem, Bird, all had top tier help. But you know that and so does everyone else, as much as ya'll deny it. And as for the rules changes, that also inconsequential. Back in the day good help was easy to find. Every good team had a starting 5 with talented to great players. Now you get 2 or 3 decent to talented players maybe and a couple serviceable role players. When Bron was in Cleveland he played with nothing but serviceable role players who he made look decent and was expected to win it all. The fact that he almost did it speaks volumes to his individual talent. But ppl continue to act like MJ would've won with that squad lol. 
Bottom line is anyone being objective will consider the totality of the circumstances when its all said and done, and not just whether rings were won. 

Rav...I agree with 99.9% of what you said, but you know that rings weigh heavily into the conversation...team sport or not.  You're absolutely spot-on w. what you said though.  Folks are so quick to discredit Lebron and they fail to realize that just about every NBA legend who has a ring, had help. 

Lemme ask yall....what would it take for Lebron to be considered the GOAT?  Are 7 rings the absolute benchmark??? 

So rings factor into the convo because...we FEEL they should? (I'm talking about any player here, not just LBJ)
laugh.gif
That's a flawed argument. You can state it's important to win, but people here already gave a logical rebuttal to that claim.

So again...why should be use rings to compare players in a team sport that play on different teams and in different eras?

I agree with some of this. but the bottom line is his "ways to go" is no longer achievable because: he took his talents to south beach x defensive rule changes x scoring ability 
wink.gif

Those are just the excuses ppl use to discredit dude. Joining up with Wade is the smartest thing he's done. I don't like it, but its smart. No one did it alone. Kobe, MJ, Magic, Kareem, Bird, all had top tier help. But you know that and so does everyone else, as much as ya'll deny it. And as for the rules changes, that also inconsequential. Back in the day good help was easy to find. Every good team had a starting 5 with talented to great players. Now you get 2 or 3 decent to talented players maybe and a couple serviceable role players. When Bron was in Cleveland he played with nothing but serviceable role players who he made look decent and was expected to win it all. The fact that he almost did it speaks volumes to his individual talent. But ppl continue to act like MJ would've won with that squad lol. 
Bottom line is anyone being objective will consider the totality of the circumstances when its all said and done, and not just whether rings were won. 

Rav...I agree with 99.9% of what you said, but you know that rings weigh heavily into the conversation...team sport or not.  You're absolutely spot-on w. what you said though.  Folks are so quick to discredit Lebron and they fail to realize that just about every NBA legend who has a ring, had help. 

Lemme ask yall....what would it take for Lebron to be considered the GOAT?  Are 7 rings the absolute benchmark??? 

So rings factor into the convo because...we FEEL they should? (I'm talking about any player here, not just LBJ)
laugh.gif
That's a flawed argument. You can state it's important to win, but people here already gave a logical rebuttal to that claim.

So again...why should be use rings to compare players in a team sport that play on different teams and in different eras?

scottie has a point. he watched the whole series at court side.

he knows what he's saying.

he sees that lebron can do what mj and scottie both can do at once.

bron has the scoring, clutch ability and athleticism of jordan.

and has defense and court vision of scottie pippen.

plus bron has better physical skills. dude is on his way to be the NEW GOAT

scottie has a point. he watched the whole series at court side.

he knows what he's saying.

he sees that lebron can do what mj and scottie both can do at once.

bron has the scoring, clutch ability and athleticism of jordan.

and has defense and court vision of scottie pippen.

plus bron has better physical skills. dude is on his way to be the NEW GOAT

I think the fact that Bron's not always looking to score when he posts up might help give the impression he has no post game...which I think is far from the truth.

I think the fact that Bron's not always looking to score when he posts up might help give the impression he has no post game...which I think is far from the truth.

LOL@ dudes bringing rings when scottie is clearly just talking about the talent of his game.

rings this rings that come on now. bron is only 26

LOL@ dudes bringing rings when scottie is clearly just talking about the talent of his game.

rings this rings that come on now. bron is only 26

Didn't Pip say this about Kobe a few years ago? And then came back and said he was wrong?

I agree with RavageBX. Lebron does not need a ring to be compared to Jordan. And Kobe didn't need to win without Shaq to be compared. Jordan didn't win 6 titles by himself, the Chicago Bulls as a team did. When comparing players it's only right to compare them by skill set and what we see them do on the court individually. The way to end this is to have these players go one on one, which can't and will not happen.

Didn't Pip say this about Kobe a few years ago? And then came back and said he was wrong?

I agree with RavageBX. Lebron does not need a ring to be compared to Jordan. And Kobe didn't need to win without Shaq to be compared. Jordan didn't win 6 titles by himself, the Chicago Bulls as a team did. When comparing players it's only right to compare them by skill set and what we see them do on the court individually. The way to end this is to have these players go one on one, which can't and will not happen.

wink.gif

Its not about # of rings sheerly...If it was Robert Horry would be in the GOAT convo's
laugh.gif

Thing that will forever separate Jordan vs. 'Bron to me is Jordan's craziness and dedication when he was fully committed.  If this Miami team can go out and do 72-10 win 4-5 straight then there will start to be an argument.  But he needs finals MVP's and to put up statistical season that continue to match MJ's output.

While I don't think he'll ever be better than MJ, there is a good chance when it is all said and done, if you looked at both guys off sheer statistics, LeBron will be the best player ever.  He'll be near the top in points, high up there with assists etc.  He'll be in a club all by himself when its all said and done.  As other people have said, he is a different player than MJ and brings different stuff to the table.  It sucks that sometimes people can't appreciate that.

wink.gif

Its not about # of rings sheerly...If it was Robert Horry would be in the GOAT convo's
laugh.gif

Thing that will forever separate Jordan vs. 'Bron to me is Jordan's craziness and dedication when he was fully committed.  If this Miami team can go out and do 72-10 win 4-5 straight then there will start to be an argument.  But he needs finals MVP's and to put up statistical season that continue to match MJ's output.

While I don't think he'll ever be better than MJ, there is a good chance when it is all said and done, if you looked at both guys off sheer statistics, LeBron will be the best player ever.  He'll be near the top in points, high up there with assists etc.  He'll be in a club all by himself when its all said and done.  As other people have said, he is a different player than MJ and brings different stuff to the table.  It sucks that sometimes people can't appreciate that.

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

7 rings and I still wouldn't say it. Pure basketball skills, Jordan is beyond LeBron. Sure Bron is a better passer, but what else? Rebounder? Eh, I might give you that.

Bron STILL has no post game and STILL has an inconsistent jump shot, 8 years in. I see it coming though. He def has worked on his jumper.

LeBron is just a beast, I know why he does the things he does on offense... But when I saw Jordan or even Kobe do things, every game I would ask myself "how the %@$@ did he just do that?"

People are prisoners of the moment and quick to forget
only thing i can think of is scoring...which is slightly better.....oh wait, am i forgetting FREE THROW HERE?
so all related of shooting. 3PT as well? lol this guy...
laugh.gif
acrobatic moves are cool but all related of scoring. yes jordan a better scorer but he can only dominate by "out-scoring" the opponent pretty much

lebron can dominate the opponents with different aspects of basketball. which jordan cant. that's the difference here.

so please list some skills. don't just assume

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

7 rings and I still wouldn't say it. Pure basketball skills, Jordan is beyond LeBron. Sure Bron is a better passer, but what else? Rebounder? Eh, I might give you that.

Bron STILL has no post game and STILL has an inconsistent jump shot, 8 years in. I see it coming though. He def has worked on his jumper.

LeBron is just a beast, I know why he does the things he does on offense... But when I saw Jordan or even Kobe do things, every game I would ask myself "how the %@$@ did he just do that?"

People are prisoners of the moment and quick to forget
only thing i can think of is scoring...which is slightly better.....oh wait, am i forgetting FREE THROW HERE?
so all related of shooting. 3PT as well? lol this guy...
laugh.gif
acrobatic moves are cool but all related of scoring. yes jordan a better scorer but he can only dominate by "out-scoring" the opponent pretty much

lebron can dominate the opponents with different aspects of basketball. which jordan cant. that's the difference here.

so please list some skills. don't just assume

Nah, for me it wouldn't even be the total number of rings Lebron or any other great player in the future might get to determine how great they are or even GOAT status.  To me it would be the manner they achieved their INDIVIDUAL greatness and then how dominate they or their team was during a certain timeframe.  As far as Lebron goes, for me personally I would probably have him higher up on the GOAT list had he stayed in Cleveland and won at least 1 championship opposed to him going to Miami and winning 1 or even 7 championships.  He's still a great player and I hope nobody would take that away from him but to me their would have been something more historic ormore memorable about him somehow being able to take that Cavs team all the way and win it all, even it were just 1 time only, and I'm not even a Cavs fan or an Ohio resident.  That's just my take on the matter.        

Nah, for me it wouldn't even be the total number of rings Lebron or any other great player in the future might get to determine how great they are or even GOAT status.  To me it would be the manner they achieved their INDIVIDUAL greatness and then how dominate they or their team was during a certain timeframe.  As far as Lebron goes, for me personally I would probably have him higher up on the GOAT list had he stayed in Cleveland and won at least 1 championship opposed to him going to Miami and winning 1 or even 7 championships.  He's still a great player and I hope nobody would take that away from him but to me their would have been something more historic ormore memorable about him somehow being able to take that Cavs team all the way and win it all, even it were just 1 time only, and I'm not even a Cavs fan or an Ohio resident.  That's just my take on the matter.        

Back
Top Bottom