Pippen Says LeBron is "Best Player Ever"

Originally Posted by MaxElite

Jordan is the greatest scorer of all time? LULZ.
Scottie caught up in the moment. 
laugh.gif
 I think Scottie forgets how much MJ had to carry those Pre Championship Teams before they developed into a dynasty.... 
Someone said it, Bron could be the GOAT of SF's..... and the most complete player in the game with room to develop ( consistant jumper and a LOW POST GAME)

Until someone is able to win in a single season the scoring title, MVP, DPOY.... the GOAT is still MJ...

Originally Posted by MaxElite

Jordan is the greatest scorer of all time? LULZ.
Scottie caught up in the moment. 
laugh.gif
 I think Scottie forgets how much MJ had to carry those Pre Championship Teams before they developed into a dynasty.... 
Someone said it, Bron could be the GOAT of SF's..... and the most complete player in the game with room to develop ( consistant jumper and a LOW POST GAME)

Until someone is able to win in a single season the scoring title, MVP, DPOY.... the GOAT is still MJ...

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Applaud this man.

I agree with some of this. but the bottom line is his "ways to go" is no longer achievable because: he took his talents to south beach x defensive rule changes x scoring ability 
wink.gif

but remove all that its not out of the realm of possibility 
Those are just the excuses ppl use to discredit dude. Joining up with Wade is the smartest thing he's done. I don't like it, but its smart. No one did it alone. Kobe, MJ, Magic, Kareem, Bird, all had top tier help. But you know that and so does everyone else, as much as ya'll deny it. And as for the rules changes, that also inconsequential. Back in the day good help was easy to find. Every good team had a starting 5 with talented to great players. Now you get 2 or 3 decent to talented players maybe and a couple serviceable role players. When Bron was in Cleveland he played with nothing but serviceable role players who he made look decent and was expected to win it all. The fact that he almost did it speaks volumes to his individual talent. But ppl continue to act like MJ would've won with that squad lol. 
Bottom line is anyone being objective will consider the totality of the circumstances when its all said and done, and not just whether rings were won. 

Rav...I agree with 99.9% of what you said, but you know that rings weigh heavily into the conversation...team sport or not.  You're absolutely spot-on w. what you said though.  Folks are so quick to discredit Lebron and they fail to realize that just about every NBA legend who has a ring, had help. 

Lemme ask yall....what would it take for Lebron to be considered the GOAT?  Are 7 rings the absolute benchmark??? 

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Applaud this man.

I agree with some of this. but the bottom line is his "ways to go" is no longer achievable because: he took his talents to south beach x defensive rule changes x scoring ability 
wink.gif

Those are just the excuses ppl use to discredit dude. Joining up with Wade is the smartest thing he's done. I don't like it, but its smart. No one did it alone. Kobe, MJ, Magic, Kareem, Bird, all had top tier help. But you know that and so does everyone else, as much as ya'll deny it. And as for the rules changes, that also inconsequential. Back in the day good help was easy to find. Every good team had a starting 5 with talented to great players. Now you get 2 or 3 decent to talented players maybe and a couple serviceable role players. When Bron was in Cleveland he played with nothing but serviceable role players who he made look decent and was expected to win it all. The fact that he almost did it speaks volumes to his individual talent. But ppl continue to act like MJ would've won with that squad lol. 
Bottom line is anyone being objective will consider the totality of the circumstances when its all said and done, and not just whether rings were won. 

Rav...I agree with 99.9% of what you said, but you know that rings weigh heavily into the conversation...team sport or not.  You're absolutely spot-on w. what you said though.  Folks are so quick to discredit Lebron and they fail to realize that just about every NBA legend who has a ring, had help. 

Lemme ask yall....what would it take for Lebron to be considered the GOAT?  Are 7 rings the absolute benchmark??? 

The year Kobe avg 35 Pippen also said Kobe was better than Jordan sooo...... dude obviously get's caught in the moment.

Where do we go from here in this debate?

The year Kobe avg 35 Pippen also said Kobe was better than Jordan sooo...... dude obviously get's caught in the moment.

Where do we go from here in this debate?

just seen the vid
30t6p3b.gif

pippen needs to $!** and thank MJ for all the rings he has
laugh.gif

you cant compare a great player to the greatest player til that great player has the same or more championships/accomplishments than the greatest ever

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

wink.gif

7 rings and I still wouldn't say it. Pure basketball skills, Jordan is beyond LeBron. Sure Bron is a better passer, but what else? Rebounder? Eh, I might give you that.

Bron STILL has no post game and STILL has an inconsistent jump shot, 8 years in. I see it coming though. He def has worked on his jumper.

LeBron is just a beast, I know why he does the things he does on offense... But when I saw Jordan or even Kobe do things, every game I would ask myself "how the %@$@ did he just do that?"

People are prisoners of the moment and quick to forget.

just seen the vid
30t6p3b.gif

pippen needs to $!** and thank MJ for all the rings he has
laugh.gif

you cant compare a great player to the greatest player til that great player has the same or more championships/accomplishments than the greatest ever

wink.gif

7 rings and I still wouldn't say it. Pure basketball skills, Jordan is beyond LeBron. Sure Bron is a better passer, but what else? Rebounder? Eh, I might give you that.

Bron STILL has no post game and STILL has an inconsistent jump shot, 8 years in. I see it coming though. He def has worked on his jumper.

LeBron is just a beast, I know why he does the things he does on offense... But when I saw Jordan or even Kobe do things, every game I would ask myself "how the %@$@ did he just do that?"

We need to remove rings from the equation when comparing players. Rings are won by teams. With that being said even as an individual player Bron still has some ways to go before he should be mentioned with MJ. But anyone acting like its out of the realm of possibility is just a hater plain and simple.

Shut your dumb !!@ up. You ain't that deep

We need to remove rings from the equation when comparing players. Rings are won by teams. With that being said even as an individual player Bron still has some ways to go before he should be mentioned with MJ. But anyone acting like its out of the realm of possibility is just a hater plain and simple.

wink.gif

I dont think so.... but at least 4 chips to get the debate going...
2 MVP's, 3 ASG MVP's , a scoring title already..... yeah... a healthy debate will be on and pop'n

Reg 27.7pts-7rebs-7assists

Playoffs- 28.7- 8.5rebs- 7.1 assists

Those numbers dont lie about the status of his overall game. 
pimp.gif

wink.gif

I dont think so.... but at least 4 chips to get the debate going...
2 MVP's, 3 ASG MVP's , a scoring title already..... yeah... a healthy debate will be on and pop'n

Reg 27.7pts-7rebs-7assists

Playoffs- 28.7- 8.5rebs- 7.1 assists

Those numbers dont lie about the status of his overall game. 
pimp.gif

wink.gif

The reason ppl weigh rings so heavily is because ppl are short-sighted and have even shorter memories. Its easy to look back and say "this person won x amount of rings." It's WAY harder to look back at the totality of the circumstances and weigh it against what's going on today. No one wants to consider MJ's teammates and what they brought to the table. They just want to look back and say I remember how awesome MJ was and the fact that he won 6 rings so that's the end of the argument. Hell look at that video posted above from Bad Teacher. That is the mentality I'm talking about. "It's the only argument I need" 
eyes.gif

SCOTTY PIMPIN wrote:
RavageBX wrote:

It's easy to sound deep with mental midgets like you roaming round. Tell me again why you're mad? 
laugh.gif

wink.gif

The reason ppl weigh rings so heavily is because ppl are short-sighted and have even shorter memories. Its easy to look back and say "this person won x amount of rings." It's WAY harder to look back at the totality of the circumstances and weigh it against what's going on today. No one wants to consider MJ's teammates and what they brought to the table. They just want to look back and say I remember how awesome MJ was and the fact that he won 6 rings so that's the end of the argument. Hell look at that video posted above from Bad Teacher. That is the mentality I'm talking about. "It's the only argument I need" 
eyes.gif

SCOTTY PIMPIN wrote:
RavageBX wrote:

It's easy to sound deep with mental midgets like you roaming round. Tell me again why you're mad? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

That's not true.

Post game:

http://www.nba.com/heat/news/evolution_post_game_110412.html

Jumper
Brace yourself for this next statement:

LeBron James quietly turned himself into one of the best mid-range shooters in the NBA this season.

According to NBA.com's StatsCube, LeBron made 45 percent of his midrange jumpers last year, which is an incredibly efficient mark for a high-usage perimeter player. Paul Pierce made 44 percent of his mid-range jumpers. Kobe Bryant made 42 percent of his. Derrick Rose made 40 percent of his. Dwyane Wade, 40 percent. Kevin Durant, 42 percent. Carmelo Anthony, 42 percent.

Ray Allen shot 46 percent, barely edging out LeBron. Statistically speaking, out of all the high-usage perimeter players in the league, LeBron was the best midrange shooter not named Dirk Nowitzki.

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=6518731&pg=0

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

That's not true.

Post game:

http://www.nba.com/heat/news/evolution_post_game_110412.html

Jumper
Brace yourself for this next statement:

LeBron James quietly turned himself into one of the best mid-range shooters in the NBA this season.

According to NBA.com's StatsCube, LeBron made 45 percent of his midrange jumpers last year, which is an incredibly efficient mark for a high-usage perimeter player. Paul Pierce made 44 percent of his mid-range jumpers. Kobe Bryant made 42 percent of his. Derrick Rose made 40 percent of his. Dwyane Wade, 40 percent. Kevin Durant, 42 percent. Carmelo Anthony, 42 percent.

Ray Allen shot 46 percent, barely edging out LeBron. Statistically speaking, out of all the high-usage perimeter players in the league, LeBron was the best midrange shooter not named Dirk Nowitzki.

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=6518731&pg=0

C'mon Scottie...
grin.gif

LeBron is one of the most talented players to step on the court, but to say he's better in comparison to all that Jordan has done is really pushing it.

C'mon Scottie...
grin.gif

LeBron is one of the most talented players to step on the court, but to say he's better in comparison to all that Jordan has done is really pushing it.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

C'mon Scottie...
grin.gif

I don't think he's saying that Bron has accomplished more. I think he's saying Bron is greater as far as overall ability.

Back
Top Bottom