Pippen Says LeBron is "Best Player Ever"

Scottie tryna get an invite to the championship after party, I won't pay him any mind
laugh.gif

He said "may be"...as in better all around talent. Don't forget there are some people who still feel as if Magic Johnson is the GOAT because of his versatility. Well the same argument can be made for Lebron, who is probably the closest thing to Magic that the league has ever seen. A player who can play #1-4 and arguably be the considered the best at each position is insane. 
I hate comparing players because it's an endless debate though. More people need to just chill and appreciate watching great players do their thing.

He said "may be"...as in better all around talent. Don't forget there are some people who still feel as if Magic Johnson is the GOAT because of his versatility. Well the same argument can be made for Lebron, who is probably the closest thing to Magic that the league has ever seen. A player who can play #1-4 and arguably be the considered the best at each position is insane. 
I hate comparing players because it's an endless debate though. More people need to just chill and appreciate watching great players do their thing.

We need to remove rings from the equation when comparing players. Rings are won by teams. With that being said even as an individual player Bron still has some ways to go before he should be mentioned with MJ. But anyone acting like its out of the realm of possibility is just a hater plain and simple.

We need to remove rings from the equation when comparing players. Rings are won by teams. With that being said even as an individual player Bron still has some ways to go before he should be mentioned with MJ. But anyone acting like its out of the realm of possibility is just a hater plain and simple.

LBJ (or any other player) DOESN'T need rings to be compared to MJ.

MJ stands alone. He is the GOAT, and not because of the rings either.

LBJ (or any other player) DOESN'T need rings to be compared to MJ.

MJ stands alone. He is the GOAT, and not because of the rings either.

My bad...I think the word Pip used was "could be" as in having the potential to be.

And the ring argument is getting played out. Bill Russell has 11 rings, so according to that logic that make him better than MJ right?

My bad...I think the word Pip used was "could be" as in having the potential to be.

And the ring argument is getting played out. Bill Russell has 11 rings, so according to that logic that make him better than MJ right?

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Applaud this man.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Applaud this man.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

that's not the point.

how could you be considered the best at one sport when you main purpose is to win rings, and you don't have one.

its like, you can't be in a ferrari club when you don't have a ferarri.

that's not the point.

how could you be considered the best at one sport when you main purpose is to win rings, and you don't have one.

There's a huge difference between being the peoples champ, and a true champion.
Argue all you like, but Championship Rings always will carry big weight in the debate on who is the greatest.

There's a huge difference between being the peoples champ, and a true champion.
Argue all you like, but Championship Rings always will carry big weight in the debate on who is the greatest.

Originally Posted by jcbacall

that's not the point.<

Because winning in TEAM sports involves being on a TEAM. See Kobe this year, see D-Rose as well.And spare the "But one player can help his team in basketball more than other sports" argument. That is true..but it's still a team sport first and the better teams win.

Back
Top Bottom