Pippen Says LeBron is "Best Player Ever"

People here to remember that "skills" are only a means to an end, which is to score points. It doesn't matter how you get your points as long as you do get them.

People here to remember that "skills" are only a means to an end, which is to score points. It doesn't matter how you get your points as long as you do get them.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

He's not. But he almost certainly will become the GOAT SF.

Bron really shouldn't be compared to Jordan though. He's two-three inches taller and like 50 pounds heavier than Jordan. Two different types of player.

You're joking right?
You're Lebron's first line of defense whenever we have a Kobe vs Lebron comparison crap, etc.. then you gonna say some bull like this? 

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

He's not. But he almost certainly will become the GOAT SF.

Bron really shouldn't be compared to Jordan though. He's two-three inches taller and like 50 pounds heavier than Jordan. Two different types of player.

You're joking right?
You're Lebron's first line of defense whenever we have a Kobe vs Lebron comparison crap, etc.. then you gonna say some bull like this? 

I really can't see why Pippen would say that at this point. I could go as far as saying that Lebron has a higher ceiling as far as ability, but that still doesn't mean he'll come close to doing what Jordan has done.

I really can't see why Pippen would say that at this point. I could go as far as saying that Lebron has a higher ceiling as far as ability, but that still doesn't mean he'll come close to doing what Jordan has done.

Scottie said he COULD be the best player ever. Jesus
laugh.gif
fix the damn title.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Lemme ask yall....what would it take for Lebron to be considered the GOAT?  Are 7 rings the absolute benchmark??? 

Nah, for me it wouldn't even be the total number of rings Lebron or any other great player in the future might get to determine how great they are or even GOAT status.  To me it would be the manner they achieved their INDIVIDUAL greatness and then how dominate they or their team was during a certain timeframe.  As far as Lebron goes, for me personally I would probably have him higher up on the GOAT list had he stayed in Cleveland and won at least 1 championship opposed to him going to Miami and winning 1 or even 7 championships.  He's still a great player and I hope nobody would take that away from him but to me their would have been something more historic or more memorable about him somehow being able to take that Cavs team all the way and win it all, even it were just 1 time only, and I'm not even a Cavs fan or an Ohio resident.  That's just my take on the matter.        

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Lemme ask yall....what would it take for Lebron to be considered the GOAT?  Are 7 rings the absolute benchmark??? 

Nah, for me it wouldn't even be the total number of rings Lebron or any other great player in the future might get to determine how great they are or even GOAT status.  To me it would be the manner they achieved their INDIVIDUAL greatness and then how dominate they or their team was during a certain timeframe.  As far as Lebron goes, for me personally I would probably have him higher up on the GOAT list had he stayed in Cleveland and won at least 1 championship opposed to him going to Miami and winning 1 or even 7 championships.  He's still a great player and I hope nobody would take that away from him but to me their would have been something more historic or more memorable about him somehow being able to take that Cavs team all the way and win it all, even it were just 1 time only, and I'm not even a Cavs fan or an Ohio resident.  That's just my take on the matter.        

Originally Posted by toine2983

I wonder what Scottie's motivation was for stating this?

He had to have known the $!$# storm it would cause right?
He probably lost a bet
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by toine2983

I wonder what Scottie's motivation was for stating this?

He had to have known the $!$# storm it would cause right?
He probably lost a bet
laugh.gif

"He's still a great player and I hope nobody would take that away from him but to me their would have been something more historic or more memorable about him somehow being able to take that Cavs team all the way and win it all, even it were just 1 time only, and I'm not even a Cavs fan or an Ohio resident."

Well then then would've EASILY been better than MJ then, seeing how Superman himself would have trouble every night to carry that squad through the playoffs.

He got some help. So did MJ. Or would you rather ask him about winning before Scottie starting balling?

"He's still a great player and I hope nobody would take that away from him but to me their would have been something more historic or more memorable about him somehow being able to take that Cavs team all the way and win it all, even it were just 1 time only, and I'm not even a Cavs fan or an Ohio resident."

Well then then would've EASILY been better than MJ then, seeing how Superman himself would have trouble every night to carry that squad through the playoffs.

He got some help. So did MJ. Or would you rather ask him about winning before Scottie starting balling?

He pretty much said Lebron MAY BE....so he really didnt say $$*$.

......and besides, why does everyone care so much. Jordan was a far better overall player and LBJ is more of an over sized PG ie Bird/Oscar, but far more athletic obviously.

Back
Top Bottom