Pippen Says LeBron is "Best Player Ever"

indifferent.gif

just stop posting bruh.

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

its blowing my mind that LDJ is just ignoring all the evidence in front of him

What evidence he was not a Great defender. And not as complete as Lebron is now in both stages of their respective careers. Bird is not and will not be seen as one of the greats for his defense. And I stand by i would if bird was comming outta indiana today and lebron from highschool and had to choose one over the other for my suck $!%+ cle team im taking lebron

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by JD617

LDJ wrote:

So your saying bird could iso on offense and take a man off the dribble lol....? Are you saying bird is a better individual one on one defender lol...? Your saying bird is a better defender? A much better play-maker? Which part is outright outlandish? Was bird a good player sure... But was he a complete player... hell no. I dont know what bird you was watching albiet never saw him play... take that back probably espn classic and a few stats from/games from video games. But Bird for the most part was one-diminsional. A deadly/clutch shooter, who was a product of being on a great team for his entire career, college included.

You're talking all the way out of your @$+ now.

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

For once...I agree completely. 
laugh.gif

What the hell do you mean "for once"???
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by LDJ

So your saying bird could iso on offense and take a man off the dribble lol....? Are you saying bird is a better individual one on one defender lol...? Your saying bird is a better defender? A much better play-maker? Which part is outright outlandish? Was bird a good player sure... But was he a complete player... hell no. I dont know what bird you was watching albiet never saw him play... take that back probably espn classic and a few stats from/games from video games. But Bird for the most part was one-diminsional. A deadly/clutch shooter, who was a product of being on a great team for his entire career, college included.

This has got to be hands down one of the stupidest things I have ever read on here.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by JD617

LDJ wrote:

You're talking all the way out of your @$+ now.

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

For once...I agree completely. 
laugh.gif

What the hell do you mean "for once"???
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

What was the purpose of this thread other than to cause Anti Lebron comments... Seriously?
eyes.gif

If you think that's the type of is.h I do.

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

What was the purpose of this thread other than to cause Anti Lebron comments... Seriously?
eyes.gif

If you think that's the type of is.h I do.

indifferent.gif

What evidence he was not a Great defender. And not as complete as Lebron is now in both stages of their respective careers. Bird is not and will not be seen as one of the greats for his defense. And I stand by i would if bird was comming outta indiana today and lebron from highschool and had to choose one over the other for my suck $!%+ cle team im taking lebron

Originally Posted by LDJ

This has got to be hands down one of the stupidest things I have ever read on here.

Originally Posted by LDJ

so were gonna pretend like u didnt turn to defense because u got proven wrong in everything else u said?
"Bird is not and will not be seen as one of the greats for his defense"

indifferent.gif
 of course hes not, he was one of the greatest offensive players of all time, that doesnt mean he wasn't a great defender

-he was a 3-time all defensive team selection, he was obviously a great defender, please stop posting

Originally Posted by LDJ

so were gonna pretend like u didnt turn to defense because u got proven wrong in everything else u said?

indifferent.gif
 of course hes not, he was one of the greatest offensive players of all time, that doesnt mean he wasn't a great defender

-he was a 3-time all defensive team selection, he was obviously a great defender, please stop posting

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

"So a one dimensional player has career averages of 24.3 ppg, 10.0 rpg, and 6.3 apg, 1.7 spg? Those "dinosaur stats" even by today's stats rival Bron's career numbers"

Donthose numbers account for era? Pace? Shot-creation? Strength of opponent? etc. Not saying LBJ is better than Bird, but this is what per game numbers don't cover and it can be misleading to use them.

By the numbers that do account for these things, Bird is better than LBJ, but 1) the comparison's not far-fetched 2) his start to the career is better than Bird's, and 3) he's still playing.
That clown said that Bird was a ONE-DIMENSIONAL player when clearly he is not, hell he even made All NBA defensive team a couple times back then (a whole different era). Bird's individual accomplishments in my own personal opinion have him over Bron now, that could change depending on what Bron does for the remainder of his career. But as of this moment to me, Bird>>>Bron.
Exactly a whole different era. He was more offense the def period. He was like nash with a better def mindset. And ok passing lanes, iverson did that pretty well and was on all defense as well i wouldnt call him a great defensive player. And if ur talking awards ok um jkidd lack so many so based on ur opinion about awards is jkidd not one of the best pg's of all time since we going on stats. And lets be serious a clevland lead team by Bird doesnt go to the finals lead the league 2 times in a row comming str8 out of highschool.

Iverson didn't sniff any All-Defensive teams, but keep trying.

Originally Posted by LDJ

"So a one dimensional player has career averages of 24.3 ppg, 10.0 rpg, and 6.3 apg, 1.7 spg? Those "dinosaur stats" even by today's stats rival Bron's career numbers"

Donthose numbers account for era? Pace? Shot-creation? Strength of opponent? etc. Not saying LBJ is better than Bird, but this is what per game numbers don't cover and it can be misleading to use them.

By the numbers that do account for these things, Bird is better than LBJ, but 1) the comparison's not far-fetched 2) his start to the career is better than Bird's, and 3) he's still playing.
That clown said that Bird was a ONE-DIMENSIONAL player when clearly he is not, hell he even made All NBA defensive team a couple times back then (a whole different era). Bird's individual accomplishments in my own personal opinion have him over Bron now, that could change depending on what Bron does for the remainder of his career. But as of this moment to me, Bird>>>Bron.
Exactly a whole different era. He was more offense the def period. He was like nash with a better def mindset. And ok passing lanes, iverson did that pretty well and was on all defense as well i wouldnt call him a great defensive player. And if ur talking awards ok um jkidd lack so many so based on ur opinion about awards is jkidd not one of the best pg's of all time since we going on stats. And lets be serious a clevland lead team by Bird doesnt go to the finals lead the league 2 times in a row comming str8 out of highschool.

I don't care about rings but I do care about a jump shot. LB is a streaky shooter @ best. Lebron better than Jordan "really though"?

I don't care about rings but I do care about a jump shot. LB is a streaky shooter @ best. Lebron better than Jordan "really though"?

Originally Posted by LDJ

indifferent.gif

And nash won mvp twice and kidd notta once and neither has dwight so whats your point. And i stated bird is one of the greatest offensive players but greats of defense...nope sorry. i cant put him on the level of mj pip kobe etc.. You can thats cool. But i just aint seeing it. I cannot fathom bird in todays nba being able to effective play defense on players 1-4. I mean its cool if you think bird was athletic enough great enough of a defender to keep up and shut down a player like drose, or a iverson of his prime or a westbrook or guard a kobe/tmac in their primes. But nah i just dont see it based on the bird i saw play.

Originally Posted by LDJ

indifferent.gif

And nash won mvp twice and kidd notta once and neither has dwight so whats your point. And i stated bird is one of the greatest offensive players but greats of defense...nope sorry. i cant put him on the level of mj pip kobe etc.. You can thats cool. But i just aint seeing it. I cannot fathom bird in todays nba being able to effective play defense on players 1-4. I mean its cool if you think bird was athletic enough great enough of a defender to keep up and shut down a player like drose, or a iverson of his prime or a westbrook or guard a kobe/tmac in their primes. But nah i just dont see it based on the bird i saw play.

Originally Posted by LDJ

If you say that his offensive output is near or close to his defensive then lol iuno what to say. Rebounds are such a misque those shouldnt even really factor. I mean look at rondo,kidd etc... Getting alot of rebounds has to many factors involved. Its like LBJ he almost avg's 9 a game but i wouldnt say he a great rebounder. Im saying str8 up playing and defending an opponent, bird isnt the defender LeBron is. Do u really think Bird in this era could guard a player 1-4. Could reduce a rose who so many of yall praise to 9.8% shooting?

wut

Originally Posted by LDJ

If you say that his offensive output is near or close to his defensive then lol iuno what to say. Rebounds are such a misque those shouldnt even really factor. I mean look at rondo,kidd etc... Getting alot of rebounds has to many factors involved. Its like LBJ he almost avg's 9 a game but i wouldnt say he a great rebounder. Im saying str8 up playing and defending an opponent, bird isnt the defender LeBron is. Do u really think Bird in this era could guard a player 1-4. Could reduce a rose who so many of yall praise to 9.8% shooting?

wut

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by LDJ

So if u going by awards hands down rose is better then stockton huh.. How many mvps did stockton win again, ok how many kidd won, payton. If going by awards, Lebron has already surpassed kobe and pippen. If awards is the be all to be all. Hell by yall argument LeBron already is better, if its about awards based on individuality, cause rings are a team effort.

Back
Top Bottom