Pippen Says LeBron is "Best Player Ever"

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

So a one dimensional player has career averages of 24.3 ppg, 10.0 rpg, and 6.3 apg, 1.7 spg? Those "dinosaur stats" even by today's stats rival Bron's career numbers. Bird was one of the best rebounding (which is part of defense) and playmaking forwards of all time. Just stop seriously you have NO IDEA what you are talking. Larry wasn't the best on ball defender but Bird is the GOAT SF and it's not even up for debate at this point and time.

Bron has the ability to get there, but he damn sure ain't there yet.

No pip is was a better player. Kevin Love dominants rebounds, but overall defensively he isnt the best defender. Hell at one point ben wallace was a great best defender was he the best overall defender in the league too.....

Originally Posted by JD617

LDJ wrote:

Id take LeBron oveeamr bird easily. He is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better team/one on one defender. He even outshines him in the ability to create shots for himself. Bird racist or not alot of the hype was the fact he was a good white player in a time where it was clearly a sport dominated by blacks. He is a better screen/set shot shooter then lebron but that about wraps it up. You couldnt build a team around Bird, he was a product of the right players/pieces/coaching schemes. Hell Pippen>Bird.

So your saying bird could iso on offense and take a man off the dribble lol....? Are you saying bird is a better individual one on one defender lol...? Your saying bird is a better defender? A much better play-maker? Which part is outright outlandish? Was bird a good player sure... But was he a complete player... hell no. I dont know what bird you was watching albiet never saw him play... take that back probably espn classic and a few stats from/games from video games. But Bird for the most part was one-diminsional. A deadly/clutch shooter, who was a product of being on a great team for his entire career, college included.

You're talking all the way out of your @$+ now.

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

LDJ wrote:

Id take LeBron oveeamr bird easily. He is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better team/one on one defender. He even outshines him in the ability to create shots for himself. Bird racist or not alot of the hype was the fact he was a good white player in a time where it was clearly a sport dominated by blacks. He is a better screen/set shot shooter then lebron but that about wraps it up. You couldnt build a team around Bird, he was a product of the right players/pieces/coaching schemes. Hell Pippen>Bird.

So your saying bird could iso on offense and take a man off the dribble lol....? Are you saying bird is a better individual one on one defender lol...? Your saying bird is a better defender? A much better play-maker? Which part is outright outlandish? Was bird a good player sure... But was he a complete player... hell no. I dont know what bird you was watching albiet never saw him play... take that back probably espn classic and a few stats from/games from video games. But Bird for the most part was one-diminsional. A deadly/clutch shooter, who was a product of being on a great team for his entire career, college included.

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Great defensive players are pip, jordan, the glove, etc.. Bird was not a great defender in no aspect or any fashion. He was a great offensive player yes... but defense give me a break.  Game on the line you need a defensive stop and you got kobe, mj, pip, the glove, and you say nah man imma put bird on that man. If you say that ur delusional. If i need a clutch shoot, and screen pick and pop sure, id put in bird over about anyone, but defense lol r u serious.

"So a one dimensional player has career averages of 24.3 ppg, 10.0 rpg, and 6.3 apg, 1.7 spg? Those "dinosaur stats" even by today's stats rival Bron's career numbers"

Donthose numbers account for era? Pace? Shot-creation? Strength of opponent? etc. Not saying LBJ is better than Bird, but this is what per game numbers don't cover and it can be misleading to use them.

By the numbers that do account for these things, Bird is better than LBJ, but 1) the comparison's not far-fetched 2) his start to the career is better than Bird's, and 3) he's still playing.

Great defensive players are pip, jordan, the glove, etc.. Bird was not a great defender in no aspect or any fashion. He was a great offensive player yes... but defense give me a break.  Game on the line you need a defensive stop and you got kobe, mj, pip, the glove, and you say nah man imma put bird on that man. If you say that ur delusional. If i need a clutch shoot, and screen pick and pop sure, id put in bird over about anyone, but defense lol r u serious.

"So a one dimensional player has career averages of 24.3 ppg, 10.0 rpg, and 6.3 apg, 1.7 spg? Those "dinosaur stats" even by today's stats rival Bron's career numbers"

Donthose numbers account for era? Pace? Shot-creation? Strength of opponent? etc. Not saying LBJ is better than Bird, but this is what per game numbers don't cover and it can be misleading to use them.

By the numbers that do account for these things, Bird is better than LBJ, but 1) the comparison's not far-fetched 2) his start to the career is better than Bird's, and 3) he's still playing.

Id pick LeBron easily without a second thought.
I don't even disagree with this, but the one-dimensional stuff is nonsense.
i'm saying. i'm not discrediting bron at all, when its all said and he could be one of the greatest but i think larry was much of a complete player and definitely NOT one-dimensional.

Id pick LeBron easily without a second thought.
I don't even disagree with this, but the one-dimensional stuff is nonsense.
i'm saying. i'm not discrediting bron at all, when its all said and he could be one of the greatest but i think larry was much of a complete player and definitely NOT one-dimensional.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

If you say that his offensive output is near or close to his defensive then lol iuno what to say. Rebounds are such a misque those shouldnt even really factor. I mean look at rondo,kidd etc... Getting alot of rebounds has to many factors involved. Its like LBJ he almost avg's 9 a game but i wouldnt say he a great rebounder. Im saying str8 up playing and defending an opponent, bird isnt the defender LeBron is. Do u really think Bird in this era could guard a player 1-4. Could reduce a rose who so many of yall praise to 9.8% shooting?

If you say that his offensive output is near or close to his defensive then lol iuno what to say. Rebounds are such a misque those shouldnt even really factor. I mean look at rondo,kidd etc... Getting alot of rebounds has to many factors involved. Its like LBJ he almost avg's 9 a game but i wouldnt say he a great rebounder. Im saying str8 up playing and defending an opponent, bird isnt the defender LeBron is. Do u really think Bird in this era could guard a player 1-4. Could reduce a rose who so many of yall praise to 9.8% shooting?

Originally Posted by LDJ

lol you should just stop, u were provin wrong in everything uv said about Bird.....u said he couldn't create his own shot (proven wrong), said "no one would say larry bird and playmaker in the same sentence" (proven wrong), etc...and now ur just trying to hole on to this defense stance which even then he was a great defender untill he started getting hurt.
honestly just take the L, we both know ur just talking out of your !+! 
laugh.gif
... u already admitted uve barely ever seen him play, and that was just highlights here and there

Originally Posted by LDJ

lol you should just stop, u were provin wrong in everything uv said about Bird.....u said he couldn't create his own shot (proven wrong), said "no one would say larry bird and playmaker in the same sentence" (proven wrong), etc...and now ur just trying to hole on to this defense stance which even then he was a great defender untill he started getting hurt.
honestly just take the L, we both know ur just talking out of your !+! 
laugh.gif
... u already admitted uve barely ever seen him play, and that was just highlights here and there

Originally Posted by LDJ

laugh.gif

So now we're discounting rebounds? Hilarious.

Go ahead and discount his three All-Defensive team selections while you're at it, you're on a roll. 

That clown said that Bird was a ONE-DIMENSIONAL player when clearly he is not, hell he even made All NBA defensive team a couple times back then (a whole different era). Bird's individual accomplishments in my own personal opinion have him over Bron now, that could change depending on what Bron does for the remainder of his career. But as of this moment to me, Bird>>>Bron.

Originally Posted by LDJ

laugh.gif

So now we're discounting rebounds? Hilarious.

Go ahead and discount his three All-Defensive team selections while you're at it, you're on a roll. 

That clown said that Bird was a ONE-DIMENSIONAL player when clearly he is not, hell he even made All NBA defensive team a couple times back then (a whole different era). Bird's individual accomplishments in my own personal opinion have him over Bron now, that could change depending on what Bron does for the remainder of his career. But as of this moment to me, Bird>>>Bron.

Exactly a whole different era. He was more offense the def period. He was like nash with a better def mindset. And ok passing lanes, iverson did that pretty well and was on all defense as well i wouldnt call him a great defensive player. And if ur talking awards ok um jkidd lack so many so based on ur opinion about awards is jkidd not one of the best pg's of all time since we going on stats. And lets be serious a clevland lead team by Bird doesnt go to the finals lead the league 2 times in a row comming str8 out of highschool.

Exactly a whole different era. He was more offense the def period. He was like nash with a better def mindset. And ok passing lanes, iverson did that pretty well and was on all defense as well i wouldnt call him a great defensive player. And if ur talking awards ok um jkidd lack so many so based on ur opinion about awards is jkidd not one of the best pg's of all time since we going on stats. And lets be serious a clevland lead team by Bird doesnt go to the finals lead the league 2 times in a row comming str8 out of highschool.

SMH...pippen is talking wreckless. And I'm sure most agreeing with his statements didnt grow up during the Jordan era and watch him play.

SMH...pippen is talking wreckless. And I'm sure most agreeing with his statements didnt grow up during the Jordan era and watch him play.

Originally Posted by LDJ

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by LDJ

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by HankMoody

LDJ wrote:

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

For once...I agree completely. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HankMoody

LDJ wrote:

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

For once...I agree completely. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom