Pippen Says LeBron is "Best Player Ever"

"Lebron bullies his way to the hoop or takes advantage of the defense who THINKS he'll bully to the basket so they lag off and Lebron shoots. Two dimensional."

If I could pick on offense between Kobe Bryant and a kid who shot 100% from anywhere the court with ugly two-handed heaves, that kid would get picked first everytime.

The important thing is scoring. Not HOW you score. This game isn't for style points.

"Lebron bullies his way to the hoop or takes advantage of the defense who THINKS he'll bully to the basket so they lag off and Lebron shoots. Two dimensional."

If I could pick on offense between Kobe Bryant and a kid who shot 100% from anywhere the court with ugly two-handed heaves, that kid would get picked first everytime.

The important thing is scoring. Not HOW you score. This game isn't for style points.

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by LDJ

So your saying bird could iso on offense and take a man off the dribble lol....? Are you saying bird is a better individual one on one defender lol...? Your saying bird is a better defender? A much better play-maker? Which part is outright outlandish? Was bird a good player sure... But was he a complete player... hell no. I dont know what bird you was watching albiet never saw him play... take that back probably espn classic and a few stats from/games from video games. But Bird for the most part was one-diminsional. A deadly/clutch shooter, who was a product of being on a great team for his entire career, college included.

You're talking all the way out of your %%% now.
the poor kid cant even spell, how are we going to even take him seriously when he speaks about larry.

Originally Posted by LDJ

So your saying bird could iso on offense and take a man off the dribble lol....? Are you saying bird is a better individual one on one defender lol...? Your saying bird is a better defender? A much better play-maker? Which part is outright outlandish? Was bird a good player sure... But was he a complete player... hell no. I dont know what bird you was watching albiet never saw him play... take that back probably espn classic and a few stats from/games from video games. But Bird for the most part was one-diminsional. A deadly/clutch shooter, who was a product of being on a great team for his entire career, college included.

the poor kid cant even spell, how are we going to even take him seriously when he speaks about larry.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Id take LeBron oveeamr bird easily. He is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better team/one on one defender. He even outshines him in the ability to create shots for himself. Bird racist or not alot of the hype was the fact he was a good white player in a time where it was clearly a sport dominated by blacks. He is a better screen/set shot shooter then lebron but that about wraps it up. You couldnt build a team around Bird, he was a product of the right players/pieces/coaching schemes. Hell Pippen>Bird.

Taking Lebron over Bird isn't a stretch. Your explanation is. When you start talking about Bird you flat out prove that you have no idea what you're talking about.
co-sign.

couldnt build a team around bird?
laugh.gif
 didnt he take a 20 something win celtics team to the best record his rookie year? he basically described what defined larry in his career. he probably doesnt have the athletic gifts bron has but not only could he create his own shots but he makes them on a consistant basis. he shot almost 50% and not because he played in the paint! hes top players in triple doubles. larry played defense, maybe not the in your face type but he plays the passing lane like no other. as a Laker fan i hate larry but i just had to close my eyes everytime he shot. the man was deadly but i have nothing but respect for a work horse like larry who only continued to improve every season.

In this day in age hell no. As slow and as much of a liability on defense he is...lol. Dudes like melo, kd etc would scorch him. He couldnt rely on a dominant big man to have his back. No more hand checking so he would have to use agility, foot speed quickness to guard....  lol. He was bigger then most opp. his faced then. Nowadays guys are just as big, stronger and twice as fast as he was in any part of his career. And iuno what bird you claim to have seen play but he was not a good/great iso player. And yall only defense is he was a deadly/great shooter which i stated. But to say he was an complete player is foolish. In this day an age what perimeter players dominant without being athletic? Ok dirk but he isnt a perimeter player in the sense. So um name some please. In this era of bball who is of allstar caliber who isnt athletic?

Id take LeBron oveeamr bird easily. He is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better team/one on one defender. He even outshines him in the ability to create shots for himself. Bird racist or not alot of the hype was the fact he was a good white player in a time where it was clearly a sport dominated by blacks. He is a better screen/set shot shooter then lebron but that about wraps it up. You couldnt build a team around Bird, he was a product of the right players/pieces/coaching schemes. Hell Pippen>Bird.

Taking Lebron over Bird isn't a stretch. Your explanation is. When you start talking about Bird you flat out prove that you have no idea what you're talking about.
co-sign.

laugh.gif
 didnt he take a 20 something win celtics team to the best record his rookie year? he basically described what defined larry in his career. he probably doesnt have the athletic gifts bron has but not only could he create his own shots but he makes them on a consistant basis. he shot almost 50% and not because he played in the paint! hes top players in triple doubles. larry played defense, maybe not the in your face type but he plays the passing lane like no other. as a Laker fan i hate larry but i just had to close my eyes everytime he shot. the man was deadly but i have nothing but respect for a work horse like larry who only continued to improve every season.

In this day in age hell no. As slow and as much of a liability on defense he is...lol. Dudes like melo, kd etc would scorch him. He couldnt rely on a dominant big man to have his back. No more hand checking so he would have to use agility, foot speed quickness to guard....  lol. He was bigger then most opp. his faced then. Nowadays guys are just as big, stronger and twice as fast as he was in any part of his career. And iuno what bird you claim to have seen play but he was not a good/great iso player. And yall only defense is he was a deadly/great shooter which i stated. But to say he was an complete player is foolish. In this day an age what perimeter players dominant without being athletic? Ok dirk but he isnt a perimeter player in the sense. So um name some please. In this era of bball who is of allstar caliber who isnt athletic?

Originally Posted by LDJ

He was one of the best perimeter shooters ever. One of the best off ball players ever. But complete lol............ No one will ever say defense great and bird in the same sentence. No one will ever say playmaker and bird in the same sentence. You ask anyone who hell even played with him, against him saw him play describe bird in a word. Playmaker, Defense, will not get mentioned.

Originally Posted by LDJ

He was one of the best perimeter shooters ever. One of the best off ball players ever. But complete lol............ No one will ever say defense great and bird in the same sentence. No one will ever say playmaker and bird in the same sentence. You ask anyone who hell even played with him, against him saw him play describe bird in a word. Playmaker, Defense, will not get mentioned.

The Sycamores were led by Bird, the NCAA Player of the Year, and his 28.6 scoring average. He was followed by Carl Nicks’ 19.3 average. The starting lineup also included Miley, Alex Gilbert and Steve Reed. Heaton and Leroy Staley were key reserves. The remainder of the roster consisted of Tom Crowder, Eric Curry, Rod McNelly, Rich Nemcek, Bob Ritter and Scott Turner.
  • 5 Bob Ritter
  • 10 Scott Turner
  • 15 Dave McNally
  • 20 Rich Nemcek
  • 22 Carl Nicks
  • 23 Steve Reed
  • 24 Tom Crowder
  • 30 Bob Heaton
  • 32 Eric Curry
  • 33 Larry Bird
  • 40 Brad Miley
  • 42 Alex Gilbert
  • 44 Leroy Staley
What a loaded roster.
pimp.gif

The Sycamores were led by Bird, the NCAA Player of the Year, and his 28.6 scoring average. He was followed by Carl Nicks’ 19.3 average. The starting lineup also included Miley, Alex Gilbert and Steve Reed. Heaton and Leroy Staley were key reserves. The remainder of the roster consisted of Tom Crowder, Eric Curry, Rod McNelly, Rich Nemcek, Bob Ritter and Scott Turner.
  • 5 Bob Ritter
  • 10 Scott Turner
  • 15 Dave McNally
  • 20 Rich Nemcek
  • 22 Carl Nicks
  • 23 Steve Reed
  • 24 Tom Crowder
  • 30 Bob Heaton
  • 32 Eric Curry
  • 33 Larry Bird
  • 40 Brad Miley
  • 42 Alex Gilbert
  • 44 Leroy Staley
What a loaded roster.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LDJ

co-sign.

laugh.gif

you already named me a dominant player who isn't athletic. dirk. did you just say dirk isnt a perimeter player in the sense?
laugh.gif
 esta loca?

kevin love, paul pierce, tim duncan?

Originally Posted by LDJ

co-sign.

laugh.gif

you already named me a dominant player who isn't athletic. dirk. did you just say dirk isnt a perimeter player in the sense?
laugh.gif
 esta loca?

Also Bird was a very good defender and rebounder before his chronic back problems.

Also Bird was a very good defender and rebounder before his chronic back problems.

No one will ever say playmaker and bird in the same sentence.

Not too bad for a one-dimensional spot-up shooter.
grin.gif

Offense exactly. Where are the defensive shut downs. I never said he wasnt a good playmaker, I said great. He was a great shooter. thats the only thing he was great at. He is like having a A a few b's and a c/d here and there on a report card. I never said he was garbage, or even an ok player he is a all time great...yes. But in this day in age if im drafting and had to pick a player to start my franchise with. No allstars or hall of famers already on my team ala the celtics of then. Id pick LeBron easily without a second thought.

No one will ever say playmaker and bird in the same sentence.

Not too bad for a one-dimensional spot-up shooter.
grin.gif

Offense exactly. Where are the defensive shut downs. I never said he wasnt a good playmaker, I said great. He was a great shooter. thats the only thing he was great at. He is like having a A a few b's and a c/d here and there on a report card. I never said he was garbage, or even an ok player he is a all time great...yes. But in this day in age if im drafting and had to pick a player to start my franchise with. No allstars or hall of famers already on my team ala the celtics of then. Id pick LeBron easily without a second thought.

So a one dimensional player has career averages of 24.3 ppg, 10.0 rpg, and 6.3 apg, 1.7 spg? Those "dinosaur stats" even by today's stats rival Bron's career numbers. Bird was one of the best rebounding (which is part of defense) and playmaking forwards of all time. Just stop seriously you have NO IDEA what you are talking. Larry wasn't the best on ball defender but Bird is the GOAT SF and it's not even up for debate at this point and time.

Bron has the ability to get there, but he damn sure ain't there yet.

So a one dimensional player has career averages of 24.3 ppg, 10.0 rpg, and 6.3 apg, 1.7 spg? Those "dinosaur stats" even by today's stats rival Bron's career numbers. Bird was one of the best rebounding (which is part of defense) and playmaking forwards of all time. Just stop seriously you have NO IDEA what you are talking. Larry wasn't the best on ball defender but Bird is the GOAT SF and it's not even up for debate at this point and time.

Originally Posted by LDJ

co-sign.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 esta loca?

Um with the exception of two of those players who are way up in age, lol kevin love isnt an offensive player. Lol are you really gonna say Kevin love is an offensive player, nah you cant be saying that. And paul/duncan in there primes early stage of careers werent athletic. And im talking today as in right now. And no i wouldnt start a team with either of those players now. How can you really compare players that are on the decline of their careers. And even still if u really think bird is a much faster quicker player then pierce lol.......................................

Originally Posted by LDJ

co-sign.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 esta loca?

Um with the exception of two of those players who are way up in age, lol kevin love isnt an offensive player. Lol are you really gonna say Kevin love is an offensive player, nah you cant be saying that. And paul/duncan in there primes early stage of careers werent athletic. And im talking today as in right now. And no i wouldnt start a team with either of those players now. How can you really compare players that are on the decline of their careers. And even still if u really think bird is a much faster quicker player then pierce lol.......................................

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

No pip is was a better player. Kevin Love dominants rebounds, but overall defensively he isnt the best defender. Hell at one point ben wallace was a great best defender was he the best overall defender in the league too.....

Back
Top Bottom