Pippen Says LeBron is "Best Player Ever"

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

That clown said that Bird was a ONE-DIMENSIONAL player when clearly he is not, hell he even made All NBA defensive team a couple times back then (a whole different era). Bird's individual accomplishments in my own personal opinion have him over Bron now, that could change depending on what Bron does for the remainder of his career. But as of this moment to me, Bird>>>Bron.
Exactly a whole different era. He was more offense the def period. He was like nash with a better def mindset. And ok passing lanes, iverson did that pretty well and was on all defense as well i wouldnt call him a great defensive player. And if ur talking awards ok um jkidd lack so many so based on ur opinion about awards is jkidd not one of the best pg's of all time since we going on stats. And lets be serious a clevland lead team by Bird doesnt go to the finals lead the league 2 times in a row comming str8 out of highschool.

Iverson didn't sniff any All-Defensive teams, but keep trying.

So if u going by awards hands down rose is better then stockton huh.. How many mvps did stockton win again, ok how many kidd won, payton. If going by awards, Lebron has already surpassed kobe and pippen. If awards is the be all to be all. Hell by yall argument LeBron already is better, if its about awards based on individuality, cause rings are a team effort.

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

Originally Posted by LDJ

its blowing my mind that LDJ is just ignoring all the evidence in front of him

What evidence he was not a Great defender. And not as complete as Lebron is now in both stages of their respective careers. Bird is not and will not be seen as one of the greats for his defense. And I stand by i would if bird was comming outta indiana today and lebron from highschool and had to choose one over the other for my suck $!%+ cle team im taking lebron

so were gonna pretend like u didnt turn to defense because u got proven wrong in everything else u said?
"Bird is not and will not be seen as one of the greats for his defense"

indifferent.gif
 of course hes not, he was one of the greatest offensive players of all time, that doesnt mean he wasn't a great defender

-he was a 3-time all defensive team selection, he was obviously a great defender, please stop posting

Ok so by ur theory lebron 8 yrs in has 5 going on 6 yet he isnt as great as he is... hmm that sounds about right. Im trying to fathom u guys thought theory. The guy has played half the time and outside of rings have doubled the amount of individual stat awards in half the time? Yea that makes sense.

Originally Posted by LDJ

its blowing my mind that LDJ is just ignoring all the evidence in front of him

What evidence he was not a Great defender. And not as complete as Lebron is now in both stages of their respective careers. Bird is not and will not be seen as one of the greats for his defense. And I stand by i would if bird was comming outta indiana today and lebron from highschool and had to choose one over the other for my suck $!%+ cle team im taking lebron

so were gonna pretend like u didnt turn to defense because u got proven wrong in everything else u said?

indifferent.gif
 of course hes not, he was one of the greatest offensive players of all time, that doesnt mean he wasn't a great defender

-he was a 3-time all defensive team selection, he was obviously a great defender, please stop posting

Ok so by ur theory lebron 8 yrs in has 5 going on 6 yet he isnt as great as he is... hmm that sounds about right. Im trying to fathom u guys thought theory. The guy has played half the time and outside of rings have doubled the amount of individual stat awards in half the time? Yea that makes sense.

This isn't about awards justifying how great or not a player is.

You started this laughfest by saying that Bird is one-dimensional. Myself and others have pointed to his court vision and rebounding. Then you started going in on defense. Well, that argument doesn't fly either, since he's received numerous awards for defense. Now you're holding onto the only straw you have, which is that he isn't a better defender than Payton or Pippen.

That's all well and good except this isn't a Bird vs. Payton defense argument. It's a Bird isn't one-dimensional argument and you are losing. Badly.

You started this laughfest by saying that Bird is one-dimensional. Myself and others have pointed to his court vision and rebounding. Then you started going in on defense. Well, that argument doesn't fly either, since he's received numerous awards for defense. Now you're holding onto the only straw you have, which is that he isn't a better defender than Payton or Pippen.

That's all well and good except this isn't a Bird vs. Payton defense argument. It's a Bird isn't one-dimensional argument and you are losing. Badly.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by LDJ

indifferent.gif

And nash won mvp twice and kidd notta once and neither has dwight so whats your point. And i stated bird is one of the greatest offensive players but greats of defense...nope sorry. i cant put him on the level of mj pip kobe etc.. You can thats cool. But i just aint seeing it. I cannot fathom bird in todays nba being able to effective play defense on players 1-4. I mean its cool if you think bird was athletic enough great enough of a defender to keep up and shut down a player like drose, or a iverson of his prime or a westbrook or guard a kobe/tmac in their primes. But nah i just dont see it based on the bird i saw play.
"And nash won mvp twice and kidd notta once and neither has dwight so whats your point"
- idk what this means? 

-are u saying nash wasent one of the best players in the league at one point?

-are u saying Kidd desereved an MVP award? what season?

-Dwight is still a growing young player

here is a direct quote from you "Bird was not a great defender in no aspect or any fashion"

-i never said he was a top 5 defender of all time like your trying to make it sound like, but to say he wasent a great defender shows u have no idea what ur talking about

" But nah i just dont see it based on the bird i saw play."

u already admited in this thread uve barely seen him play, and that was only from highlights 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by LDJ

indifferent.gif

And nash won mvp twice and kidd notta once and neither has dwight so whats your point. And i stated bird is one of the greatest offensive players but greats of defense...nope sorry. i cant put him on the level of mj pip kobe etc.. You can thats cool. But i just aint seeing it. I cannot fathom bird in todays nba being able to effective play defense on players 1-4. I mean its cool if you think bird was athletic enough great enough of a defender to keep up and shut down a player like drose, or a iverson of his prime or a westbrook or guard a kobe/tmac in their primes. But nah i just dont see it based on the bird i saw play.
"And nash won mvp twice and kidd notta once and neither has dwight so whats your point"
- idk what this means? 

here is a direct quote from you "Bird was not a great defender in no aspect or any fashion"

-i never said he was a top 5 defender of all time like your trying to make it sound like, but to say he wasent a great defender shows u have no idea what ur talking about

u already admited in this thread uve barely seen him play, and that was only from highlights 
roll.gif

No the argument was he was a better player and i said he wasnt, and i said the one thing he had over him was shooting. and that bird wasnt a great defensive player then ppl said lebron wasnt, yet he has about to be 6 all team defensive team awards in 8 yrs and 2 mvps. And i also stated that lebron can legitimately guard 1-4 which bird cannot. And i also stated i would in todays nba pick LBJ over bird. I stated he as in bird isnt a great defender he is a great offensive player, and cannot be compared to LBJ as far as defense is concerned, and I also think LBJ could play with success any position 1-4 OFF/and def and bird cannot in todays nba, which i dont know what evidence anyone has stated proves this wrong.

No the argument was he was a better player and i said he wasnt, and i said the one thing he had over him was shooting. and that bird wasnt a great defensive player then ppl said lebron wasnt, yet he has about to be 6 all team defensive team awards in 8 yrs and 2 mvps. And i also stated that lebron can legitimately guard 1-4 which bird cannot. And i also stated i would in todays nba pick LBJ over bird. I stated he as in bird isnt a great defender he is a great offensive player, and cannot be compared to LBJ as far as defense is concerned, and I also think LBJ could play with success any position 1-4 OFF/and def and bird cannot in todays nba, which i dont know what evidence anyone has stated proves this wrong.

Originally Posted by LDJ

indifferent.gif

- idk what this means? 

roll.gif

No i didnt i stated most ppl havent, when did i say i didnt see him play. Reading is FUNdemental  

I dont know what bird you was watching albiet never saw him play... take that back probably espn classic and a few stats from/games from video games.

Them skinny jeans is cutting some of the brain circulation off some of you guys. It clearly says i dont know what bird YOU which would mean not myself, but someone else, was watching.

Originally Posted by LDJ

indifferent.gif

- idk what this means? 

roll.gif

No i didnt i stated most ppl havent, when did i say i didnt see him play. Reading is FUNdemental  

I dont know what bird you was watching albiet never saw him play... take that back probably espn classic and a few stats from/games from video games.

Them skinny jeans is cutting some of the brain circulation off some of you guys. It clearly says i dont know what bird YOU which would mean not myself, but someone else, was watching.

my bad i just realized u dont know what albeit means 
laugh.gif

Lol its all good ppl make it seem like i hate the dude its just ppl started with defense then posted stats as the be all the being great defender, then when i posted the fact there are ok to mediore players in the league who have doubled the amount of all defense accolades he has done then they wanna show like i said highlights, which proves you didnt see him play you just used the magic of modern day internet and googled real quick facts and youtube. i never brought up stats cause that would only make most ppl ridiculous claims even more foolish. i just let them put the rope around they neck standing on the chair. I mean even if you want to use individual accolades. its players in the league with less even half the time bird played who accomplished more in a much shorter time, and since we cant go by actually seeing them play when they played, or attending games while he played cause most ppl arguing against me own retros of retros of jays, that or never played bball or just plain ole sucked at it, it would be a stupid and pointless argument to make i just let that aspect go.

I wanted someone who actually saw him play, make an argument that he was a great defender. Anyone can see my post, take 2 seconds go google up highlights/ hit up nbastats.com/youtube and make some unfounded uneducated claim. Which based on the responses 99% of the ppl posting did.

And if pretty obvious well unless we doing proof reading etc, when i said albeit i was talking to ppl, yes there was a puntuation/gramtical error but i didnt think well although i should have knowing how anal/cynical ppl can be on here can be, typed the response as if i was writing a congressional message for the pres.

my bad i just realized u dont know what albeit means 
laugh.gif

Lol its all good ppl make it seem like i hate the dude its just ppl started with defense then posted stats as the be all the being great defender, then when i posted the fact there are ok to mediore players in the league who have doubled the amount of all defense accolades he has done then they wanna show like i said highlights, which proves you didnt see him play you just used the magic of modern day internet and googled real quick facts and youtube. i never brought up stats cause that would only make most ppl ridiculous claims even more foolish. i just let them put the rope around they neck standing on the chair. I mean even if you want to use individual accolades. its players in the league with less even half the time bird played who accomplished more in a much shorter time, and since we cant go by actually seeing them play when they played, or attending games while he played cause most ppl arguing against me own retros of retros of jays, that or never played bball or just plain ole sucked at it, it would be a stupid and pointless argument to make i just let that aspect go.

I wanted someone who actually saw him play, make an argument that he was a great defender. Anyone can see my post, take 2 seconds go google up highlights/ hit up nbastats.com/youtube and make some unfounded uneducated claim. Which based on the responses 99% of the ppl posting did.

And if pretty obvious well unless we doing proof reading etc, when i said albeit i was talking to ppl, yes there was a puntuation/gramtical error but i didnt think well although i should have knowing how anal/cynical ppl can be on here can be, typed the response as if i was writing a congressional message for the pres.

wait i missed this who are these ok to mediocre players who have doubled the defensive acolades he has?

"its players in the league with less even half the time bird played who accomplished more in a much shorter time"

-and who are these players?

wait i missed this who are these ok to mediocre players who have doubled the defensive acolades he has?

"its players in the league with less even half the time bird played who accomplished more in a much shorter time"

Bron > Bird

MJ > Kobe > Bron.

When Bron gets the ring this year:

MJ > Bron > Kobe.

Bron > Bird

MJ > Kobe > Bron.

When Bron gets the ring this year:

MJ > Bron > Kobe.

well lebron and wade are some, not mediocre players. um ben wallace unless u say he is better then bird. cant be bird is a def monster right? shane battier, bruce bowen. all have atleast 5-6 defense all teams. shall i continue. Yea ben wallace ur right will be a hof etc like bird right huh? I aint that old i can use google internet too. Marcus camby, sidney moncrief, doug christie

well lebron and wade are some, not mediocre players. um ben wallace unless u say he is better then bird. cant be bird is a def monster right? shane battier, bruce bowen. all have atleast 5-6 defense all teams. shall i continue. Yea ben wallace ur right will be a hof etc like bird right huh? I aint that old i can use google internet too. Marcus camby, sidney moncrief, doug christie

Back
Top Bottom