*PHILADELPHIA EAGLES* Official 20-21 Regular Season Thread: WEEK 1 EAGLES vs Football Team 1pm ET

lcrUntTl.jpg

when I look at it, it isn't bad to me at all.. when I think about it

we offload kendricks and his deal.. we have 8 picks currently, so that cuts us down to 6 picks

covers us during lane's suspension.. and we can move on from peters in the offseason and push back our need for another high level tackle for a season or two

still address Oline in the draft, but we can think more about developing someone for a couple seasons instead of maybe a year.. so our 1st is definitely WR, CB or mccaffrey

o and:

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2016/09/27/steelers-o-lineman-graham-super-bowl/

Last edited:
I definitely see the benefit from a draft standpoint.  Not having to go O-line first round with all of the skill talent coming up would be nice.......

Ehhhh I would've done it in the offseason if Peters was a cap casualty. But who would play RT if the trade happened?

Ehhhh I would've done it in the offseason if Peters was a cap casualty. But who would play RT if the trade happened?

Keep lane there next season.. joe takes over LT or hell you could put him on the right side.. and peters retires

Joe's contract slides into peters spot.. but we free up cash for next year getting rid of kendricks' deal

Free agency we sign Gilmore.. draft we go CB or WR first.. then fill out Oline, LBs and secondary remainder or picks.. o and go RB at some point

But gotta figure joe Thomas gives you 3 solid seasons between both tackle spots.. IF the deal was made

Last edited:

Ummmmmmmmm, I'm not going to actually say it.. but ummmmmm go check our record since firing chip, inclusive of preseason

:nerd:

:wow:

Last edited:

Ummmmmmmmm, I'm not going to actually say it.. but ummmmmm go check our record since firing chip, inclusive of preseason

:nerd:

:wow:

I haven't even watched that video yet but just going by the cover, does he never put his fingers on the laces to throw? I always thought that was the "proper" way? :lol:

It amazes me hearing folks who don't really know our team, talk about it and dismiss what we have..

As I've said many times on here, healthy kicker last year and we win 9 or 10 WITH everything going on.. the chip stuff, shhhh ton of turnovers, incompetent DC, playing guys out of position and/or just not using quality guys (trey and vinny)

Sure we don't have a no. 1 playmaker WR type guy on offense.. but jmatt could be a great no. 2 if he can solve his drops.. 3 great TEs we can play together.. and decent enough RBs

When healthy and not suspended our Oline is good..

Sometimes it's just that simple finding 11 quality guys.. hell if we're playing 3TEs then you only need 1 WR cause the other guy is usually a RB

Compare that to preTO mcnabb years.. we had solid RBs, great when Westbrook was healthy and Chad Lewis.. WRs were crap (thrash, pinkston, Freddy and Reggie brown)

Then defense line is great and has depth.. then we're great at safety.. and there is hicks.. that's 7/11 out there.. Carroll is solid enough as a 2nd or 3rd CB

And our special teams is great

People really don't realize how specific our needs are (no.1 WR, CB, LBs and Oline depth.. then depth at other spots like 3rd QB and RB).. we know about peters' age so need a replacement which we don't really have and sproles/Mathews not really worth money

Sproles is all purpose back , idk what makes you guys think it'll be ok to trade him & Matthews is really cheap .

Sproles is all purpose back , idk what makes you guys think it'll be ok to trade him & Matthews is really cheap .
smallwood is supposed to be a really good receiver.. coming in he was looked at as a 3rd down back

my biggest concern would be replacing sproles' role on special teams.. but we've seen some things out of barner as a returner

but we have an opportunity to be super duper cheap at that position while still very good, considering our best actually runners right now are smallwood and barner

we know Mathews will get hurt and sproles is just a convenience age thing.. but here are their remaining deals:

Mathews:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/ryan-mathews-6521/

sproles:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/darren-sproles-3527/

compared with smallwood:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/wendell-smallwood-19107/

and barner:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/kenjon-barner-12464/

we go with a RB after the 1st next draft, that would be under 2 mill allocated to that position.. between that have having wentz on a rookie deal, that gives us a ton of money to play with in FA

Last edited:
I know u thinking long term but come on dawg...

Are we 3-0 or 0-3
I'm thinking short AND long term..

smallwood and barner are our best backs right now.. that makes Mathews expendable in the short term (plus his contract for next season.. and if we can get anything)

sproles is a little more iffey, cause he isn't a good actual runner right now.. but he's good in the passing game (and teams panic to account for him when he motions) when he's not dropping it and good on special teams

essentially my views: if some team offers anything for ryan Mathews we should take it in a heartbeat.. with sproles we should at least play hard to get but hear them out

remember, once ertz is back.. trey is going to be seeing a lot of the stuff sproles is getting as the motion guy..

we need an actual good runner back there, since you want to be able to power run.. cause you are playing 3 TEs.. and if smallwood is the receiver he was touted to be coming out, well he's our best bet in that role

Back
Top Bottom