*PHILADELPHIA EAGLES* Official 20-21 Regular Season Thread: WEEK 1 EAGLES vs Football Team 1pm ET

Well not all.. I don't think rg3 is stopping them from taking a QB.. But chip push for Buckner

Last edited:
got something, so works for me.. or hopefully we got something (saw it was a conditional pick, so hopefully it's not one of those that can turn into nothing)

Metro boomin don't trust these mocks. They're just being lazy and they assum that since spray tan is no longer on the team RB is now our #1 need. Seems like Hargreaves would be a nice fit under Schwartz, I'd be fine with that pick.

Heargraves develops and our secondary would go to the worst 2 years ago to on the verge of elite imo.

So happy to be rid of Cary and Fletcher :x

I wouldn't hate it personally but I'm more on the VH3 train as well.

Praying Jack slips though

Kendricks-Hicks-Jack would be :x :pimp:

I don't think Jack is pick here we got Hicks, Kendricks, Barwin, Smith II, and the guy from Buffalo, that's a lot money invested at LB.

Gotta be tackle or CB imo.

Barwin & Smith(if he gets any playing time) will more than likely be playing DE under Schwartz.

If Jack's the BPA then go get him and figure it out later. That would be a nice dilemma to have haha

Last edited:
Preference would be Hargreaves but I'm no where near as bullish on Zeke as the rest of yall. We really have no one offense striking fear in a defense. Yall seriously have faith in these running backs and receivers making a dramatic leap off of a god awful year last season? I don't one bit

I think a running back would be a waste at 8

I know Zeke is a beast but I think you go defense or o-line, preferably o-line

I don't think Jack is pick here we got Hicks, Kendricks, Barwin, Smith II, and the guy from Buffalo, that's a lot money invested at LB.

Gotta be tackle or CB imo.
you named two DEs (in our system) and a guy we signed on a 2 year deal..

that would be like the panthers passing on cam because they took jimmy clausen in the 2nd round the year before

the reality in 2016, very very rare is the RB that is really worth taking top 10..

you have to be thinking marshall faulk type and even then you could just as well end up with reggie bush.. but if you build your lines, you can manufacture production from that position.. draft wise you attack key positions that are hard to address in free agency early (QB, tackle, pass rusher, secondary).. if key guys at those spots do become available they are extremely expensive

there are numerous examples league wide of guys taken after the 1st doing extremely well at RB.. then you have guys who were castoffs doing well

just look RBs we've had post 1st round: shady (2nd round), westbrook (3rd round), ricky watters (2nd round), duce (3rd), garner (2nd round) buchhalter (4th round).. hell even dion lewis we got in the 5th

I don't think we should take Zeke but that's a overblown narrative imo. Yeah you may be able to get some steals late in the draft but the guys coming out in the next couple of years like Zeke Fournette a healthy Chubb along with Gurley last year are all worthy of a top 10 pick

Then teams are actually dishing out contracts to pay these guys ..I was suprised to see what Doug Martin got

yea.. I don't think we're in a position to take a RB at 8.. I agree that there are exceptions.. but in the league today, you need a leveon bell (who was taken in the 2nd) or Jamaal Charles (who was taken in the 3rd) who can actually play all 3 downs and do more than just lineup in the I and run (like AP is showing now)

and even then it's a bit of diminishing returns type position because you have smaller guys taking poundings

but for us, we have other issues to consider before we get to RB that high:

- what we have at QB

- the very real situation of the state of our line.. between the injuries over the last two seasons..  and then having to replace peters for probably a couple games this year and full time next season more than likely

- we still need a starting top flight corner

- if we're making exceptions because of talent of players and not REAL REAL needs, jack and ramsey are those exceptions (although we do need an OLB and ramsey can play CB)

Back
Top Bottom