*PHILADELPHIA EAGLES* Official 20-21 Regular Season Thread: WEEK 1 EAGLES vs Football Team 1pm ET

Chip really screwed us not drafting any lineman at all the last 2 drafts ..like seriously has that ever been done ? Dude was so ******* stubborn and stupid :smh:

In the perfect world we could go Heargraves at 8 and still be in a position to draft one of these tackles that may slip into the 2nd round

Last edited:
i don't think our line situation is THAT bad (not defending chip, but our solution is reasonably fixable)..

hypothetically, if we draft Stanley at 8 and take a guard in the 3rd.. we're in a great situation for a couple years even with peters retiring

we could go Hargreaves or another other position.. but we do need a guard at least in those mid rounds for depth.. barbre, Kelly, tobin and jones are good for depth.. but you're not banking on any as starters

problem is, we go another position, we're desperate in the next draft.. it isn't impossible to get a right tackle outside of the 1st.. left tackle you gotta get high because you need someone athletic enough to deal with speed rushers at that size

Ehh with Logan & Cox don't really see the need , we have bair for the depth .

Our depth doesn't fit the 4-3.. That's why I been saying we should move barwin, hart and beau for picks (was saying bair too, but obviously he got released)

Our starters are good.. But we need a 3rd DT and DE (usually these are pure pass rushers)

I'm about to get on the Zeke at 8 hype train. Just watching some tape on him and the way he runs reminds me of Shady and Mathews put together. 

Watch tape of Ramsey (highly doubt he makes it to us), jack, Hargreaves, Stanley, goff, wentz and maybe lynch

Pretty sure we're going with one of them

Watch tape of Ramsey (highly doubt he makes it to us), jack, Hargreaves, Stanley, goff, wentz and maybe lynch

Pretty sure we're going with one of them
I'm not even thinking about Ramsey because I doubt he falls past 5.

I like Jack, I just hope his playmaking ability translates like Kuechly

Hargreaves, I have no problem with since Florida DBs are mostly successful (Lito, Reggie Nelson, Janoris Jenkins, Will Hill etc)

Stanley, I have no problem with

Don't trust any of the 1st round QBs

But Zeke would help Sam out A LOT compared to DeMarco (we all know why), Mathews (injury), Sproles (more of a receiver), Barner (not sold on as a multiple down back)

for us it all depends on what certain teams do.. We gotta hope Dallas goes bosa or Ramsey is removed from the equation before them

Jack is the one I really see could make it to us

Titans - have to go Tunsil
Cleveland - depends on if they trade for kaep or not
Chargers - could take Ramsey, probably will.. Or could go OLine.. Or Dline
Dallas- QB, Zeke, Ramsey, maybe jack
Jags - could go Hargreaves or Ramsey.. Maybe jack
Ravens - we gotta hope they go treadwell.. Might go Stanley
9ers - goff.. Chip pushes for Buckner?

Then us

yea solid move.. hopefully shepherd is actually as good as he supposedly was in camp before his injury and he can man the slot

just from a talent perspective I hope we can get ramsey.. but I would love jack with the group we have and probably only have a chance because of his injury.. then hargreaves

Rowe, Nolan, McKelvin, Shepard + Draft picks should make for good competition.
Brooks is a gunner and could step if things got bad at CB.

Safety we got Jenkins, McLeod at S, Ed Reynolds? And I assume a draft pick, not a fan of Maragos getting snaps at S.

all depends on the draft.. but if someone got injured, I assume consideration would go to sliding rowe or Nolan there

we luck out  and get ramsey, well we have two guys who can both slide to the safety spot in him and rowe

we go Hargreaves, we'd be more likely to move rowe to safety if needed

I don't see any move we made stopping us from possibly drafting ramsey or Hargreaves (other than if we drafted ramsey it would be as a CB)

just like I don't see any move stopping us from drafting jack

Nolan on a 1 year deal.. mckelvin on a 2 year deal (with most of the guaranteed in the 1st year).. brooks is relatively cheap

we usually carry 6 CBs (so add shepherd and we got 5 sorted)

I really don't see the hype about Zeke tho , he's good but really not worthy of the 8th pick . We have more pressing needs but the 2017 RB draft class is stack with good talents tho . Did you guys see the Super Bowl .. Defense win championships, no matter how poorly manning play .

Back
Top Bottom