One year ago today, Kanye dropped a classic...

One of the best produced albums I've heard. Beats were
pimp.gif
Lyrics not so much

Real talk, I think this is seriously his best album. College Dropout changed a young Impalaballa's life, but this joint... it's just ridiculous from a music standpoint. It's not just a collection of songs, or some songs with a @#+!!!@! theme. It's like an actual... I don't know... movie or some %*@#. Everything about it was excellent to me. The production, topics, significance of the samples used, musical pieces/interludes, random skits, etc. 
MBDTF = CD > LR > Graduation > 808's

Originally Posted by Peep Game

"The Joy" is better than every one of those songs on MBDTF.
Nah
laugh.gif

Respect your take though. Personally I'm not as high on this album as some others are, although I still enjoy it.

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

no he didn't
Exact response in my head upon seeing thread title.
Originally Posted by twozerosix

lol only on nt

FTR, I love the sound of this album, has nothing to do with the soul sampling sound he brought to hip hop argument but to me dude's do this with every Ye album since LR. Graduation is a classic, 808s is a classic, now this, year from now WTT will probably be classic too and when it comes down to it they're just not classic level.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by Peep Game

"The Joy" is better than every one of those songs on MBDTF.

Statements like this let me FURTHER know why some don't like MBDTF. People fell in love with what Ye did to hip hop on CD and cling to that like a security blanket. There isn't one song on MBDTF worse than The Joy.

I was actually exaggerating when I said that, but my point was I like my hip hop/rap to sound like hip hop/rap, especially the production. Not sure which thread it was in,
but somebody mentioned something about a lot of recent hip hop songs "missing something" as far as the beats. When I put MBDTF on in some headphones, it's like
something is wrong with my headphones or something. I'm not really into the overly produced/synth sounding beats. Sure, this album is loaded with raw emotion and
on point lyrically with a great concept, just didn't like the production (just like WTT).

This album is a classic.......Its my default cd in my car when i dont have my ipod plugged in.

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

Mainly because there's only like one song that's actually "about" something. 
Wait, how'd I miss this? Before I comment, what are the quotations for?

Shout out to OP & the NT'er that posted "Devil In A New Dress"
Classic album + excellent song. That Smokey Robinson sample
30t6p3b.gif
+
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Wish Ye' could have somehow put a tour together for this masterpiece of work.

The best song on the album of course is....

Originally Posted by vezon

Man... Music forum is such trash.. What Classic? This joint was average at best.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Word! Album is far from classic. Decent....not even close to classic status. Kids are losing a grip of what classic actually means.

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Man... Music forum is such trash.. What Classic? This joint was average at best.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Word! Album is far from classic. Decent....not even close to classic status. Kids are losing a grip of what classic actually means.

What DOES classic actually mean?

There are parts of MBDTF that are timeless music... But there is also some parts that seem incomplete...

Classic? Possible..... But I don't think it is undeniably classic

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

What DOES classic actually mean?

It's all opinion. It's funny that dude said "kids" cause the album pretty much got perfect reviews everywhere (not saying that means everything) and most of the people I know that really liked the album are 25+

Back
Top Bottom